Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tomcc

Has anyone heard anything back following the recent jobs announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I received an email that read out:

"Thank you for your interest following the recent job announcement for EA Ireland.

Over the next few months we will be looking closely at what roles need prioritising and what skillsets are required for those positions. Having reviewed your resume, we would like to keep your profile under consideration. If we have an opportunity that matches your skillset, we will contact you to discuss the possibilities.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking to you again soon."

Which i suppose is a generic response for the thanks but no thanks applicants.
    Pity, seems like a handy enough setup over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tomcc

Just received an email saying :

"Thank you for your interest in opportunities at EA Ireland.
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications we are experiencing a delay in getting back to you.
    Please bear with us while we review all applications.
    We appreciate your patience and will provide you with appropriate feedback as soon as possible."

Anyone else get this? Have they gotten back to anyone who got a similar email to the one above?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I got this about a week after i got something similar to the two generic ones above.

Dear ******

Thank you for submitting your details to EA Ireland. Having reviewed your cover letter and resume unfortunately your profile does not match with any of our upcoming requirements.

We will keep you resume on file for future opportunities, and we encourage you to check our website often and apply for other positions that you feel would be a fit for your skills.

Kind regards,

Recruiter

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I got the one about there being a delay alright and then a few days later I got the reply I posted above. I guess mine looks a little but more positive than yours Sofy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MissMaeve

Anyone know if the 100+ jobs announced for Ireland by EA have come to fruition? They are still advertising online and say they will reply in two weeks but I have not received responses Any info would be wonderful, as would any other suggestions re recruitment in Games Industry in Galway region! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged into the main thread about everything EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

MissMaeve wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 100+ jobs announced for Ireland by EA have come to fruition? They are still advertising online and say they will reply in two weeks but I have not received responses Any info would be wonderful, as would any other suggestions re recruitment in Games Industry in Galway region! :)

Got an email from them yesterday stating a similar story to tom in previous post...

"Thank you for your interest in opportunities at EA Ireland.
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications we are experiencing a delay in getting back to you.
    Please bear with us while we review all applications.
    We appreciate your patience and will provide you with appropriate feedback as soon as possible."

that was a month and a half ago, they stated that it may be months before they get back to me..

'Over the next few months we will be looking closely at what roles need prioritising and what skillsets are required for those positions. Having reviewed your resume, we would like to keep your profile under consideration. If we have an opportunity that matches your skillset, we will contact you to discuss the possibilities.'

they must have thousands upon thousands of applications to get through....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 abadref

Hi,

I have an interview here in a couple of weeks. I should have enough tech knowledge to get by but I need to know what games projects they are working on so I can study up on them,
    The job is in Customer Service.

abadref, I've added your post to the long thread we have on this company.
    Have a read of the thread, it may answer some of your questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Via the local media - EA games to make 20 posts redundant, Looks like its not the wildfire it was thought to be.

Westy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

westgolf wrote: »
    Via the local media - EA games to make 20 posts redundant, Looks like its not the wildfire it was thought to be.

Westy

What do you mean by Westy?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

westgolf wrote: »

Westy

It may sound bad, but when I heard about that I couldn't help but feel relieved that I didn't get a job there.

jenno86 wrote: »
    What do you mean by Westy?
    It's how he signs his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 popsynesbitt

Hey Folks. Can any one give some insight into what EA Galway is like. Is pay good and contract conditions in general? Thinking of applying for a position there.

Thanks Guys

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

Hi all,
    I'm also looking for some insight into what the word is on EA jobs in Galway pay/conditions etc. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to discuss it in open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarahrua

Looking for the same information. What is it like to work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 OmarMcNulty

I'm also looking for some similar information. I see that they are currently looking for software engineers now to work on tools/quality.
    Anyone got any more info on these positions or any info on conditions in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dezibel

Hi

I'm also looking for the same info as Cal_fi. Mostly interested to hear about the general atmosphere there...
    You can also send me a PM if you don't want to reply here. Thanks!

Advertisement