Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

^ its what, middle of Nov now?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I reckon its 2/3 weeks away from whatever date it is now. "Ah, they'll be in stock in 2 weeks" *repeat*

I reckon at this stage it will be for the Christmas rush at the end of Nov or beginning of Dec.

So the big push might be Black Friday, as people seemed to think initially?

Don't have my MP12 yet, but had a tinker with a friend's MP12 yesterday......

Kind of underwhelmed by it to the point that if i wasn't in a position to get one...i probably wouldn't really care.

It's pushed Mp14 down the list for me, and i'm more ambivalent about Mp13 now too.....

Still hoping there's a little more to Prowl though.

wernstrom! wrote: »

It's pushed Mp14 down the list for me, and i'm more ambivalent about Mp13 now too.....

Still hoping there's a little more to Prowl though.

I pre-order both Sideswipe and Red Alert together as I will pick them up at some stage just to have a complete set. Still haven't pulled the trigger on Soundwave. I will, just he looks too easy to be a masterpiece. And the price of the tapes pushes him close to a 300 dollar price tag...

Prowl now, I'd love that. Always loved that mold in G1.

• Advertisement

So the big push might be Black Friday, as people seemed to think initially?

The sales at Black Friday are insane as it is. Imagine them releasing a much sought transformer at that time?? As time goes on, I'm thinking TRU are a bunch of clowns and that all their systems are separate for each store and online as no-one knows what the hell is going on.

DBK wrote: »
    I'm thinking TRU are a bunch of clowns and that all their systems are separate for each store and online as no-one knows what the hell is going on.

I'm thinking you're right.

As for Soundwave, yes i know he was a sneaky so and so, and (some) people like the character for that........but you're still paying 150 euro or so for a toy that turns into a box, and it's not something i'm especially fired up about.

Yeaahhaa....happy out.

Still nothing from Sideswipe but it shouldn't be long :)

Got an order confirmation this morning from TRU saying they are processing my TRU Mp-10. Happy days.

A couple of hours later, another email. "Sorry, out of stock". And at the bottom it says if the order isn't shipped by the end of this month, don't worry, we'll cancel it and you won't be charged. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They won't charge you? How nice of them!

• Advertisement

I'm just planking it that they have no intention of fulfilling the order and this is their get out clause. :(

I swear, sometimes i think TRU do all this deliberately

Allegedly, TRU UKs allocation of MP10 has actually arrived in the UK, and his waiting for distribution.....

...this may be of little practical use to you however .

Allegedly, TRU UKs allocation of MP10 has actually arrived in the UK, and his waiting for distribution.....

...this may be of little practical use to you however .

This might be good news. A quick trip up the north and I'll be sorted. :) Seems a lot of people got the double email and they're not happy with TRU and there were mentions of a civil action. Dunno how far that will go though.

This might be good news. A quick trip up the north and I'll be sorted. :) Seems a lot of people got the double email and they're not happy with TRU and there were mentions of a civil action. Dunno how far that will go though.

Positive media attention for grown men who play with toys of course.

:rolleyes:

Seems people have contacted TRU and TRU stated that the second email was a mistake and they are working on filling the online orders. I'll take that with a very large grain of salt.

:DTRU Optimus Mp10 has shipped :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Picked up my MP-12 Sideswipe yesterday for Dublin City Comics.

About the size I guessed it to be. In car mode, it's about 80% of the way between a G1 and an alternator, especially given it's low profile.

When in robot mode, it looks fecking brilliant beside MP-10. Nice cartoon colors with large Autobot symbol on the chest.

Praying we will get a sunstreaker :D

Dying for a Sunstreaker.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Picked up my MP-12 Sideswipe yesterday for Dublin City Comics.

What did they charge you?

What did they charge you?

80. Brought in a few things for trade and they gave me 145 in credit so got Sideswipe and 65 store credit.

Factoring in shipping costs and customs had I brought it in myself, I was happy with that price.

• Advertisement

^ I don't think mine was a lot cheaper, although that's in part qualified by me using EMS because registered post from HK seems to have gone seriously awry.

Masterpiece Soundwave moved back to end of Jan.

Red Alert still appears to be mid December.

€80 in hand? Don't tempt me Frodo!

Just a quick comparison pic between MP10 Prime, MP12 Sideswipe and Binaltech Jazz.

FFFF11F0-04A2-4624-97D4-2ED69011B716-981-000000A4A000BBC7.jpg

As you can see, Sideswipe is smaller than Jazz, but is better than him in every other way. It's so hard to properly pose a lot of the alternators but you can pretty much do what you want with Sideswipe as his joints are nice and still.

Sideswipe is so great in both modes, he single handedly killed my interest in collecting Alternators. Beautiful figure.

What's so interesting on the ceiling that they're all looking at? :)

What's so interesting on the ceiling that they're all looking at? :)

Arcee is showering in the apartment above us!

TRU MP10 is on the boat from the states :D Happy Days.

And he (MP10) has arrived. Sweet. Nice looking bot.

Still awaiting my sideswipe from Robotkingdom. I ordered it with Red Alert so they'll probably come together after christmas. Just haven't had a new transformer since the last one and I need my fill :(

• Advertisement

Was wondering what was with the lack of updates. I assumed you ahd died from a joygasm.

Advertisement