Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Settings for Leagues

Options
  • 31-08-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

I took some serious flack last year for not having the settings perfect for the division.

The link seems to have disappeared from the sticky for the right settings for each league.

Can someone do a screenshot of the right settings?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

They are up in the charter

Hmmm they are gone as is my screenshot of them will put up again

leaguesettings.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

Bumping this to remind GMs of the rules that should be in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Hmm, I've taken over as GM in our division recently, didn't set up the league.

Just noticed our QB int score is wrong. Correcting that to -1 may have impact on previously played games.
    Should I update it, or carry on the rest of the season with -2?

BizzyC wrote: »

Just noticed our QB int score is wrong. Correcting that to -1 may have impact on previously played games.

Leave it for this season. No sense fooking up crucial settings ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

BizzyC wrote: »

Is -2 not the correct score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

According to the above, -1 is the correct score.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm pretty sure I looked at it before the season and it was minus 2. It doesn't make sense for it to be any less. I actually think interceptions should be more costly than -2 because they have a big impact on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I looked at it before the season and it was minus 2. It doesn't make sense for it to be any less. I actually think interceptions should be more costly than -2 because they have a big impact on the game.

Division 4 certainly have it set to -2, and I'm sure it was -2 in Division 5 last year too.

matthew8 wrote: »

I havent changed the settings since day 1 so you couldn't have seen -2 on the Premier league one.

Benimar wrote: »
    Division 4 certainly have it set to -2, and I'm sure it was -2 in Division 5 last year too.

The NFL.com default is -2. Im looking over the history of the Prem to see when it was changed.

Edit:

Looking back through the settings which you can do by clicking the history the Prem has has -1 since 2010. I cant find the old discussions on the rules but will search them down. I have a feeling it was discussed and changed back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

SixtyTwo wrote: »
    I havent changed the settings since day 1 so you couldn't have seen -2 on the Premier league one.

Dunno, I probably only glanced at the scoring and assumed the last guy's settings were right, more looking out to make sure I had the right amount of WRs.

Here is the first post I put in when the New 16 team format was setup. And everyone seemed to be happy with the settings. I never adjusted them so Im guessing NFL.com had it at -1 once and its now -2. Too late to discuss it for the remainder of the season but its definitely something we can discuss the point scoring that is next season.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67006003&postcount=282
    These are the scoring settings we have in Prem:
    Offense

* Passing Yards: 1 point per 25 yards
    * Passing Touchdowns: 6 points
    * Interceptions Thrown: -1 point
    * Rushing Yards: 1 point per 10 yards
    * Rushing Touchdowns: 6 points
    * Receiving Yards: 1 point per 10 yards
    * Receiving Touchdowns: 6 points
    * Fumbles Lost: -2 points
    * 2-Point Conversions: 2 points