Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Million...Scam??

• 15-09-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Was looking at this new national lottery game daily million on the national lottery website and from what i gather it seems that the draw takes place via computer so whats stopping the national lottery from having the computer picking non winning numbers because they know what numbers have been played??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Was looking at this new national lottery game daily million on the national lottery website and from what i gather it seems that the draw takes place via computer so whats stopping the national lottery from having the computer picking non winning numbers because they know what numbers have been played??

Hardly a scam. All national lottery draws, and I'm sure this one will be no different are independently observed by KPMG, and if it is using a random number generator, that will have had to go through rigorous testing before being approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MaosAm

I completely agree that Daily Millions is a scam. The day the game was launched the top prize was won and hasn't been won since (even though the number of winners of each lower category is increasing which to me implies the game is increasing in popularity). 'Independently observed by KPMG' joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MaosAm

Today was the 15th draw in Daily Millions and the main prize was only won on the first night! I'm no mathematician but it doesn't require an expert in probability to realise that doesn't add up.

Of course National Lottery can determine a non winning selection of numbers before the draw the same way they can conclude shortly after the draw whether the winning sequence had been played and where the ticket had been purchased.

Do KPMG as 'independent observers' collude with National Lottery? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

MaosAm wrote: »
    Today was the 15th draw in Daily Millions and the main prize was only won on the first night! I'm no mathematician but it doesn't require an expert in probability to realise that doesn't add up.

Of course National Lottery can determine a non winning selection of numbers before the draw the same way they can conclude shortly after the draw whether the winning sequence had been played and where the ticket had been purchased.

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

MaosAm wrote: »

Absolutely. What arose my suspicions about this game was when i was looking at the details on the lotto.ie website. If you click on "prizes and results/daily million/view draw" you will see that the draw is simulated.

Why dont they show the draw taking place via the real lottery ball machine?? And as you mention nobody has won the top prize or the plus prize in 2 weeks, surely somebody will have picked a winning combination in that time.

I played €10.50 and entered with the plus for 7 days but it will be the last time i enter this game. Total scam i reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Maybe every now and again itl randomly pick somebody to win it and u have to hope if it hasnt been won in a while its due to pick a set of winning numbers from the machine. Just dont buy a ticket the day after its won or if thers been a couple of jackpot wins in a short space of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Maybe every now and again itl randomly pick somebody to win it and u have to hope if it hasnt been won in a while its due to pick a set of winning numbers from the machine. Just dont buy a ticket the day after its won or if thers been a couple of jackpot wins in a short space of time?[/QUOT

Yeah id say thats what there plan is. Let it be won maybe once a month or two. Ill be intersted to see the pattern of winners with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

Fianna Gayle and Labour are commited to selling the lottery to the highest bidder.The guys in charge now are making as much as they can now from the geniuses who elected Bertie Ahern,Brian Cowen,Edna Kenny,Eamonn Dev Valera.The Paddys are suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DailyMillion

This could be handy for keeping track of how frequently each number gets drawn - http://www.lottoresults.ie/daily-million-numbers. There's obviously not enough data to draw any conclusions on how random it really is, but could be interesting none-the-less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

bet its only peolple from dublin that win :pac: get a grip lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rod flanders

There have been 3 daily millions jackpot winners so far and two of the tickets were purchased in Limerick. Also there was a daily millions plus winner in Meath and she got €500,000. I doubt it's fixed or a scam. Just a tax on the stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

There have been 3 daily millions jackpot winners so far and two of the tickets were purchased in Limerick. Also there was a daily millions plus winner in Meath and she got €500,000. I doubt it's fixed or a scam. Just a tax on the stupid.

It was in Kingscourt Cavan, it was my cousin that won the €500,000 so I doubt it's a scam!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

tin_foil_hat.gif

The lotto are leaving themselves open to this speculation about a fix by having a computerized simulated draw.People who scoff at the possibility of a scam would do well to remember the fraud that was the Irish hospital sweepstakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

todolist wrote: »
    The lotto are leaving themselves open to this speculation about a fix by having a computerized simulated draw.People who scoff at the possibility of a scam would do well to remember the fraud that was the Irish hospital sweepstakes.

Do they really need to scam a draw where I assume the pay out ratio is quite low (hence the common held view that the lottery is a tax on those who are bad at maths)

What I'm saying is they are leaving themselves open to these accusations by having this peculiar kind of draw.Everything should be seen to be clean and above board but in the case of this draw it clearly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seantech

There should be one million prize every day. If anyone holds a lottery or a prize draw they have to put up the prize for that draw. What is happening here is fraud.

There is no roll over and they are selling the same prize every day over and over again. I wrote to them and they said that this is OK to do this. It is not OK to do this it is misleading and scamming people.

Maybe a bit off topic but why do the lottery only pay out on winning tickets for 90 days after the draw? I back a winner in Paddy Power or similar and as long as i have my docket I'll be paid.No time limit.Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

If you won the lotto you would generally want to collect it well before 90 days though..

If you won the lotto you would generally want to collect it well before 90 days though..
    Okay,hypocritically I find a lotto ticket down the back of the sofa.I check it and hey presto It has match six numbers. I stroll down to the lottery and they say it's 91 day old.Sorry buddy no million quid for you.Why?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I think you mean hypothetically.

The reasons for the limit are likely to help budgeting for future draws and prizes. Someone claiming an 8, 10 or 15 million jackpot a year later when the pot is low could ruin the whole set up and end the lotto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Maybe a bit off topic but why do the lottery only pay out on winning tickets for 90 days after the draw? I back a winner in Paddy Power or similar and as long as i have my docket I'll be paid.No time limit.Just curious.

probably so they don't have the system/database clogged up with thousands of unclaimed prizes of a fiver, or a free scratchcard, etc.

and Paddy Power have a limit of 6 months, or 3 months after the end of the event, whichever is longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In the same way that an Irish ticket very rarely wins the Euromillions top prize the scarcity of Daily Millions jackpot winners is probably down to there being a relatively small numbers of tickets in the draw. If a lot less tickets are bought for each daily draw compared to the Wednesday/Saturday draw (which I suspect is the case without having any proof) then the chances of a winner in any given daily draw are lower since both games have to match 6 out of 6 numbers.

BTW it is not uncommon for the Euromillions winners not to feature an Irish ticket in the top three catergories of prizes or even in the top four like on Oct 23 when the most anyone in Ireland got was €226. Somebody of the conspiracy theory persuasion might see that as a fix as well.

5 + 2 Stars
    All Winners 0
    Irish Winners 0
    €76,874,851

5 + 1 Stars
    All Winners 4
    Irish Winners 0
    €337,504

Match 5
    All Winners 5
    Irish Winners 0
    €90,001

4 + 2 Stars
    All Winners 47
    Irish Winners 0
    €4,787

4 + 1 Stars
    All Winners 873
    Irish Winners 14
    €226

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭jacool

Okay,hypocritically I find a lotto ticket down the back of the sofa.I check it and hey presto It has match six numbers. I stroll down to the lottery and they say it's 91 day old.Sorry buddy no million quid for you.Why?

These lottery rules are worldwide.
    There was a couple in England who missed out on £3m this way.
    They didn't realise that an extra rule there means that if you lose your ticket you need to report this within 30 days. They were not one of the over 100 false claims that were lodged in this window. In the end they were able to explain why they had chosen those numbers and were able to show lots of losing tickets with the same numbers on them, but even though Camelot said that they believed them, they needed to see the ticket. They never found it.
    The £3m got given to good causes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The odds of winning that draw is 1 in 3,200,000 so its not that surprising how often it has been won!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

seantech wrote: »
    There should be one million prize every day. If anyone holds a lottery or a prize draw they have to put up the prize for that draw. What is happening here is fraud.

There is no roll over and they are selling the same prize every day over and over again. I wrote to them and they said that this is OK to do this. It is not OK to do this it is misleading and scamming people.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

Sounds like you bought too many daily million tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DAVE BRADFORD

MONDAY MILLIONS WAS A SCAM AND SO IS THE DAILY MILLION, AND I WILL TELL YOU WHY.
    I started to bet on the monday millions including the the bonus ball. Betting on a single number at 4/1, but only after it had been missing for 22 weeks. At first (and i am talking 2 and 1/2 years ago) i bet a very small amount and increased the amount to cover the stake each time. within a few weeks i won. the system worked, and in two years I won loads.then at the start of 2012 i got very confident and started to increase my betting big time.However the balls were taking longer and longer to come out, increasing to 27 then 29 and 30 weeks or more. I was betting on ball 33, and after 34 weeks i made a complaint, saying it was almost a mathimatical imposabilty not to come out . two weeks later the ball still had not come out, and the game was stopped.that was on the 10th september.I lost thousands.
    However the new game Daily millions came out and i have been watching very closely.
    I have logged down all the balls that come out when they go more than 22 days. I started to bet on ball 21 when it went missing after 25 days. That was on christmas day.Ironic it has now gone 31 days and still not come out.I am sure it will never come out as i am upto £200 on single ball.This would back up the theory that the balls must be picked by a computer. the more that is bet on a number, the less chance it has of coming out.Tomorrow is the 1st of Jan 2013. KEEP WATCHING FOR BALL 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

MONDAY MILLIONS WAS A SCAM AND SO IS THE DAILY MILLION, AND I WILL TELL YOU WHY.
    I started to bet on the monday millions including the the bonus ball. Betting on a single number at 4/1, but only after it had been missing for 22 weeks. At first (and i am talking 2 and 1/2 years ago) i bet a very small amount and increased the amount to cover the stake each time. within a few weeks i won. the system worked, and in two years I won loads.then at the start of 2012 i got very confident and started to increase my betting big time.However the balls were taking longer and longer to come out, increasing to 27 then 29 and 30 weeks or more. I was betting on ball 33, and after 34 weeks i made a complaint, saying it was almost a mathimatical imposabilty not to come out . two weeks later the ball still had not come out, and the game was stopped.that was on the 10th september.I lost thousands.
    However the new game Daily millions came out and i have been watching very closely.
    I have logged down all the balls that come out when they go more than 22 days. I started to bet on ball 21 when it went missing after 25 days. That was on christmas day.Ironic it has now gone 31 days and still not come out.I am sure it will never come out as i am upto £200 on single ball.This would back up the theory that the balls must be picked by a computer. the more that is bet on a number, the less chance it has of coming out.Tomorrow is the 1st of Jan 2013. KEEP WATCHING FOR BALL 21.

I don't know where to start with this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol

Advertisement