Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonborn DLC

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Saw the trailer , got excited .
    Saw the lack of PC release date , was somewhat less excited.
    ..bit stupid that they're missing the Christmas market eh?
    As a PC user I'd almost be upset , if I wasn't running it in lovely Ultra graphics mode with about 50 free mods ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheNorthridge

Please got, I know I heard Solstheim, but I really hope I saw bits of Morrowind too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

That looks incredible. Hopefully it'll see a PS3 release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

So far so good.

The new environment looks great.
    Much more fantastical than the "european" looking landscape of Skyrim.

The main quest-line is ok.

So far I think its a wee-bit better than Dawnguard.

Game loads are quite long now though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Game loads are quite long now though :o

You can speed up load times by disabling auto saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭paulbok

confirmed for the PS3 & PC in the new year, 1 month after the xbox.

we'll see............

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Downloaded the DLC and just finished the main quest and the Dawnstar quest but no sign of the Dragonborn DLC anywhere. Am I missing something? Any help much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

I have a serious amount of mods installed from the Steam Workshop, so I'll probably give it a week or two to make sure they are compatible before buying.

How much are the ps3 dlcs likely to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

paulbok wrote: »
    How much are the ps3 dlcs likely to be?
    I think Dragonborn will be the same as PC so about €19.99. Dawnguard and Hearthfire will be half-price for the first week when they are released later in February, so about €10 for Dawnguard and €2.50 for Hearthfire I'd say.

Anyone get the ps3 dragonborn yet?
    Can't see it on the ps store (might have to wait till the US wakes up today) and it's not seen as coming this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Been playing a bit since it came out, good add on but has crashed twice on me since.
    Had the main game pretty much exhausted and am at a high level so haven't found the game play to difficult yet, although did manage to get killed twice by multiple mage attacks.

€8 so can't complain really. looking forward to the next 2, should keep me occupied until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Is there any websites to get a code for the PS3 DLC's ? . 16.99 for each one is a bit much for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mouche

It's the best DLC for Skyrim. If you played Morrowind before, you'll notice that it has similar climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Been playing it a while now, the main quest is quite short, but it's a great DLC. Lots of new spells, enemies, shouts; and a good number of side quests.

OTOH, I just found the toughest adversary I've met (in either Skyrim or Oblivion), yikes. I'm at Level 66 with maxed out Light Armour, Smithing and Enchanting; yet on Legendary difficulty he kills me (and any kick-ass companion I have) within seconds. I even summoned a dragon, who only lasted a few seconds too.

Up until now, the game had been a breeze. Still, good to have a challenge!

Was that the ebony warrior? took about 5 mins to kill him as he
    regenerated very quickly
    A lot more difficult than any of the main story bosses.

paulbok wrote: »
    Was that the ebony warrior? took about 5 mins to kill him as he
    regenerated very quickly
    A lot more difficult than any of the main story bosses.

No, not him (though I only just read about the Ebony Warrior), I wonder which is tougher?

It's
    the ghost of Karstaag, a character from a previous Elder Scrolls game. In Dragonborn, you find his skull in a small cave in the North of the island. If you take it to the ruins of Castle Karstaag and place the skull with the bones on his throne, his ghost comes to life and kicks ass. Basically he has a very powerful hammer which throws you around the place, plus a strong ice cloak spell which depletes your stamina and health, and summons ice wraiths.

It's a bit unusual, as it's an unmarked quest. Once you find the skull, it's up to you to figure out you have something to do, and what it might be.

I ran in to him, didn't find him as bad as
    he was slow
    . Still took a while to kill and and like the ebony warrior was more difficult than any end of quest enemy.

• Advertisement

Cheers paulbok. I wonder if he levels up as you do. I've seen people saying they're Level 35 and found him easy, but I'm level 66 (armour almost 1500, bow 360 damage) and I'm using healing potions every 3 or 4 seconds to stay alive.

Probably just using a really bad approach :)

I'm at level 81 (finished the main quests last year, so needed the dlc's to keep playing) and found him tougher that normal 'powerful' enemies
    The vampire Harkon in Dawnguard was dissapointingly easy

I have found some enemies were more powerful the more I leveled up. I've encountered a few necromancers that can pick me off quickly if I don't keep an eye on my health.

Advertisement