Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[TA-Events] Ashes of War II, Copehill Down FIBUA, 3-5 May 2013

Options
  • 02-08-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Details to follow.

www.ta-events.co.uk is temporarily unavailable due to a hosting company change. I reckon the new address hasn't propagated yet, so it should be available tomorrow. Ian's on the job.

MFV!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

It was brilliant last year can not wait for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

There like flies on sh!t!
    I have an itch to drop another long range shot on Bettyblue again :D
    Hopefully a larger Irish group can make next year, as it was class running with the Tigers and Operators this year (we did miss having the Rats to shoot at, in fairness :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

many going from ireland id be very interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Can't wait!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

r0n0c wrote: »
    Can't wait!!!

is it wrong that im already looking forward to this and making plans...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Puding wrote: »

Your not alone Puding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Raging i will not be around for this one, but anyone that has a chance to go over get your names down. Unbelievable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 auscam

Myself and most of the troops from Toy Soldiers Kommandos will be at. this Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Puding wrote: »

No.
    No it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Can't get info seeing as site is still down and no info that I can see on FB. What part of the UK is this being held does anyone know. Want to know is it better to drive or plane it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

jayod30 wrote: »
    Can't get info seeing as site is still down and no info that I can see on FB. What part of the UK is this being held does anyone know. Want to know is it better to drive or plane it?

Assuming it remains at CopeHill Down village (CDV), drive. The place is bang smack in the middle of Salisbury plain, about fifteen minutes drive (if even) from Stonehenge. Here's a Google Maps link

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single MOD site that is in any way convenient to public transport (for somewhat obvious reasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

been looking into flying to the uk for a number of year, unfortunately a lot of short haul carriers will not allow you to fly with airsoft equipment

Lemming wrote: »
    Assuming it remains at CopeHill Down village (CDV), drive. The place is bang smack in the middle of Salisbury plain, about fifteen minutes drive (if even) from Stonehenge. Here's a Google Maps link

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single MOD site that is in any way convenient to public transport (for somewhat obvious reasons).

This is great, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hmmm checking work roster....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What was the last one I was at, was that Ashes of War..loosing the plot at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Nah Doc, you fellas were at the Chedaki shindig at Senny. This is a new storyline. Beginning of this story was at Copehill in March this year

Anyone have any idea what's going on with the new website? Seems its still not up and running http://www.taevents.com/ and their FB page is giving no info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Update from Ian: The event's still on, and on the original dates.

Ian recommends that no-one books transport or holidays until around February as the bid doesn't become safe* until 2 to 3 months before the date.

Can't wait.

* As "safe" as they ever are. Other game organisers have had MOD sites taken from under their noses at H hour -36. It doesn't happen often, but it can happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Any more info on this event yet. N.D.T.F are looking to head over for this one. The march game is to near for most of us. So any more info for AOW2 would be great!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Still nothing new up yet, I'd say that nothing will be posted/announced until well into the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Word on the street is This event has been cancelled for may. Can anyone confirm this. Was looking forward to it. They say it might be later in 2013 or early 2014. Only thing is I don't know how reliable the sorce of the info I got is!!

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Trebob wrote: »
    Word on the street is This event has been cancelled for may. Can anyone confirm this. Was looking forward to it. They say it might be later in 2013 or early 2014. Only thing is I don't know how reliable the sorce of the info I got is!!

Anyone???

Taken from TA-Events facebook page, posted this evening:
    My apologies to you all for not answering you queries sooner.

I am very saddened to inform you all that I have cancelled the May event due to being already over committed.

I want to emphasise that this is NOT the end of TA Events, in fact that could not be further from the truth.

Ultimately it comes to priorities, and with only so many hours in the day the I have to put my family and my full time job first.

But TA Events will be back in either late 2013 or early 2014, and will return better than ever before.

So I am very sorry for those that were really looking forward to this event. I did try to get it off the ground but there was just too much to organise and too little time to do it.

So until AW2 is ready to be played out then happy Airsofting, and who knows, I might see you at a local game during the course of the year.

Ian Wermerling
    TA Events Director

Gutted is an understatement, was really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Was considering the trip and now, my eyes are dehydrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well sure, such is life.

Advertisement