Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Fire [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Trying to figure out from that pic who'll be hooking up with who, and who's the closeted gay character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭squonk

Good to see Jesse Spencer having something lined up post House.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeWitt wrote: »
    Trying to figure out from that pic who'll be hooking up with who, and who's the closeted gay character.

Hooking up Jesse Spencer and Taylor Kinney's characters :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I knew it! Except she's not closeted, but still.

• Advertisement

Source - Digital Spy

The Walking Dead's Jeffrey DeMunn has been cast in upcoming drama Chicago Fire.
    The Dale Horvath actor will play a construction worker who gets caught up in a harrowing situation, and must turn to Taylor Kinney's Lieutenant Kelly Severide to get him through it, according to Entertainment Weekly.
    Executive producer Dick Wolf has asserted that the new NBC show - which follows the lives of firefighters and paramedics in the Chicago Fire Department - has the potential to be iconic.

Shiri Appleby is to play a recurring role on Chicago Fire.
    Appleby will play Clarice, the ex-girlfriend of paramedic Leslie Shay (Lauren German), reports Deadline.
    Clarice has moved on from the pair's romance when the series begins and is now pregnant with a rich husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

im just burning through trauma now where talor kinny played a dumb paramedic, its kinda good and kinda awful, mostly bad

A webrip of the pilot is out...

Starts tonight on NBC and Wednesday 24th of October at 9pm on Sky Living

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched it last week and thought it was meh..

.. if you've seen 'Rescue Me', you'll be sorely disappointed in this I think.

The problem it feels like 'Rescue-Me-Lite' but with 2D characters and lacklustre writing.

Also 'Rescue Me' was both impressive as a drama, and had some truly hilarious scenes - c'mon, Garrity sleepwalking..

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Watched it last week and thought it was meh..

.. if you've seen 'Rescue Me', you'll be sorely disappointed in this I think.

The problem it feels like 'Rescue-Me-Lite' but with 2D characters and lacklustre writing.

Also 'Rescue Me' was both impressive as a drama, and had some truly hilarious scenes - c'mon, Garrity sleepwalking..

^ LOL!...that was awesome Basq...cheers for the laughs :)

Needless to say I'm super happy the gay character is a lady.
    Anyway, I was actually pretty surprised with myself by how much I liked it. Wasn't expecting that at all.

im just burning through trauma now where talor kinny played a dumb paramedic, its kinda good and kinda awful, mostly bad

This felt like another episode of Trauma to me

I liked David Eigenberg’s character

Taylor Kinney and Jesse Spencer as firemen so I owe it to them to continue watching :p

lacklustre is the word i was going to use too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭squonk

Give it a chance people! Having read the comments yesterday I wasn't expecting a lot from the pilot. It wasn't _THAT_ bad. I thought there was some good drama in the show. Now, I'm a firefighting show newbie. I haven't watched Rescue Me or anything else really since Backdraft which I didn't like.

What irked me the most was Jesse Spencer's american accent. I wish they'd just let him drawl on Aussie style. That being said it's not a bad accent and I'm just too used to him in House.

I'd probably say 6/10 for the pilot. It is only a pilot though and it depends on where things go from here. I'm willing to give them some time to bed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Gonna give this a couple more episodes before I make up my mind. I really want to like it, but I was very disappointed in the pilot.

There was too much "drama" & overacting by every character. I loved Rescue Me & still hate the fact that it's gone. But this goes to show what a well written show that was. You truly believed that the characters knew each other & had worked together for years from day one, whereas this felt like they'd had a couple of table reads & then went & shot a "fire of the week" tv series. Even compared to Trauma, this was extremely lacklustre.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

is tv getting worse or is it just me. badly written rubbish with a big budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't think this show is terrible actually.. one of the better new dramas out of the new season!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I think this show's biggest problem is the attractiveness of the cast.

Rescue me was believable because the cast were all ordinary looking & if they were good looking they highlighted how different the rest of them were from the good looking guy

• Advertisement

It has improved since the pilot and I think Mr. Lady Gaga aka Taylor Kinney acts better than the Jesse Spencer in it

I dont understand why Kelly asked the ambo for pain killer drugs at work when it is revealed in later episodes they are roommates, he could have asked at home :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I watched episode 3 last night, and im giving up on it now.
    The cast, especialy the female paramedics just really annoy me, and the actng is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

After the news that last resort will be cancelled after one season - whats the story with this?

NBC picked it up for a full season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm still really enjoying this show. It's my favourite of the new season by far.

fire station by the numbers

Dawson getting with Mills would be better than her chasing after Casey and maybe Kelly with Mills's sister as of course coupling/shipping is going to happen on the show

Dawson getting with Shay :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement