Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't 'WRITE' the book

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 amanfromMars

That's precisely the issue. Deliberately posting in such a manner as to exclude others, including the person asking for help, is dick-acting.

You have unfortunately jumped to a very wrong conclusion, pickarooney, for there is certainly no deliberate posting in such a manner as to exclude others, for all that seek greater intelligence and are prepared to exercise an open mind, and would realise that one is just as a product of prior poor programming if one does not do so, are more than welcome to share what they would be thinking would be great and even quite different for the future, which is the only thing which you can really deliver and change with views/words shared, for the past is gone and the present is but a moment which instant defaults to the past and both and neither can ever be changed for real or influenced by what anyone would do, and such as would be our postings in such a particular and peculiar manner, so as to discover who may be at such a comparable level of sympathetic consciousness/empathy as would be needed to converse securely and stealthily and steganographically about that which is needed and being delivered for the future, for all of the very good reasons that AW shared in the post dated Today, 14:43.

It is a fact and not a fiction, although it is a fact that IT can play it as a fiction and share the future with you via media presentation of novel programs and blockbuster productions, that Words Control and Create Worlds ...... and it is a Sublime Heavenly Art which very few can do, and do better than just well.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭donalh087

Is there no troll moderation on this thread? This guy is a complete tit gypsy. He might as well be wearing a t shirt saying look how clever I am. Bell end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

I see alot of yellow cards on this thread. AW and AMFM...thank you both for your contributions so far but I prefer direct answers and tips and info. I remember direct pieces of information, I don't consider myself to have problems with creativity, I probably have too much and I just need to get it all into manageable pieces so that I can get a clear picture of what I have and where it's going.

I do appreciate the time and effort you both put in to writing your answers and responses but I think I have got what I needed. And to the poster who recommended the snowflake method, thank you, I won't use all of it but there are at least 5 or 6 stages that have helped me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

You have unfortunately jumped to a very wrong conclusion, pickarooney, for there is certainly no deliberate posting in such a manner as to exclude others, ....

Guys, whatever you're doing and whyever you're doing it, have you ever stopped to think maybe you're just making this forum a less pleasant place for people to be?

I'm sure you're enjoying yourselves and it's not for me to question the artistic merit of your style, but for the vast majority of people, its really unpleasant to have to wade through. You've almost completely derailed this thread and done the same in a number of others. Maybe it's time to find an artistic outlet that doesn't involve treading on everybody else's toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭pavb2

@ Anotherquestion I think that's the key, considering the wealth of information out there pick out the bits that work best for you.

And as they say write write write, time for you to make that leap of faith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 amanfromMars

Antilles wrote: »
    Guys, whatever you're doing and whyever you're doing it, have you ever stopped to think maybe you're just making this forum a less pleasant place for people to be?

I'm sure you're enjoying yourselves and it's not for me to question the artistic merit of your style, but for the vast majority of people, its really unpleasant to have to wade through. You've almost completely derailed this thread and done the same in a number of others. Maybe it's time to find an artistic outlet that doesn't involve treading on everybody else's toes.

Hi, Antilles,

For the vast majority of people, is it mediocrity and the tacit acceptance of it in themselves and in all of those around them and in their administering peers, which enslaves them to systems which take advantage of their apathy and undereducation and pretty useless rage against anything that would highlight the unpleasant to admit condition and situation which surrounds and entraps them. But I agree with you, that the casting of glistening pearls of wisdom before class swine of ignorant and arrogant herd consciousness is a failed venture in the making, although if one were to be dogged and undaunted by such as are epic challenges for smarter future existences, can all be saved by suitably dumbing down the debate to necessary levels/revised standards and simplifying the language and rhetoric ..... and introducing novel and amusingly barbed tacks too may be of help if one would wish to be attacking in defence and yet kindly enough in the assault.

Methinks, this is a valid take on all that has gone before on this enlightening thread, and it caused me to smile at its prescience ......... http://dilbert.com/2012-10-07/

I shall now bow out of this thread gracefully, and would thank one and all who have bothered themselves to express their opinions, for all of the information that they have delivered of themselves. It has been most illuminating and much has been learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

Just to let you know another question the best of luck with your book.

Some writers find great enjoyment in their own artistic style of writing this make it very easy for them to write in a free flowing realistic way.

Find your favourite moment, some people find this in their favourite place then read what you have written, as the reader not the writer, and when your flow of reading is interrupted by a word underline that word and then continue, or even change that word whatever brings you back to that free flowing style of reading, and don't worry whatever you do you will finish your book.

Now if you don't mind I like to write something that has nothing to do with yourself what so ever.

The childish playground name calling of two members of boards.ie in the creative writing forum was totally uncalled for, and I don't care what reasons you both had, and I don't care what position one of you hold, when two members take time out to reply in their own artistic style of writing to a question for advice without been insulting in any way and if their reply is not fully understood, it still does not give a fellow member the right to post insulting childish playground name calling at them. in future leave out the name calling, thank you.

The best of luck another question, and thanks.

This remind me of that great movie One flew over the cuckoo's nest, now I have that feeling I just might be needing that great big Native American, Chief Bromden, wish me luck. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

dogmax wrote: »
    Just to let you know another question the best of luck with your book.

Some writers find great enjoyment in their own artistic style of writing this make it very easy for them to write in a free flowing realistic way.

Find your favourite moment, some people find this in their favourite place then read what you have written, as the reader not the writer, and when your flow of reading is interrupted by a word underline that word and then continue, or even change that word whatever brings you back to that free flowing style of reading, and don't worry whatever you do you will finish your book.

Now if you don't mind I like to write something that has nothing to do with yourself what so ever.

The childish playground name calling of two members of boards.ie in the creative writing forum was totally uncalled for, and I don't care what reasons you both had, and I don't care what position one of you hold, when two members take time out to reply in their own artistic style of writing to a question for advice without been insulting in any way and if their reply is not fully understood, it still does not give a fellow member the right to post insulting childish playground name calling at them. in future leave out the name calling, thank you.

The best of luck another question, and thanks.

This remind me of that great movie One flew over the cuckoo's nest, now I have that feeling I just might be needing that great big Native American, Chief Bromden, wish me luck. ;)

Thank you for this and the best of luck to you too and I definitely do feel the better for the responses I have received in this thread so thanks again everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I definitely second the Nanowrimo suggestion. For some reason a deadline set by someone else is one that I stick to. If I set one myself I'll just faff around and end up surfing the web for hours.

Advertisement