Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek 2 Sequel Title

• 09-09-2012 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

http://trekmovie.com/2012/09/07/exclusive-star-trek-sequel-title-confirmed/

TrekMovie has confirmed with multiple sources that "Star Trek Into Darkness" has been selected as the title for the 2013 sequel to JJ Abrams’ Star Trek movie. This is a title that comes out of a long process of discussion amongst the creative team. As reported earlier, Paramount tested a number of titles for the film over the summer, including at least one title that did not include "Star Trek." Also noted in our earlier article, the title (by design) does not include a colon, like were used for the Next Generation films such as "Star Trek: First Contact" or "Star Trek: Nemesis."

While Paramount will not officially confirm the news, multiple sources have told TrekMovie this is the title they are going with as of now. It has also been reported by ComingSoon that Paramount has secured the domain names to both www.startrekintodarkness.com and www.startrekintodarknessmovie.com, neither of which has any content.

what a crap title. mabye im being a little harsh, and after seeing the finished product I'll think the title is better suited. but initally, i honestly think its garbage.

i honestly dont know why they cant just call it star trek 2 (using modern numerals to differentiate it from star trek II - the wrath of kahn.)

i dunno. i just dont like it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They're making the same mistakes that were made with Enterprise. Trying to distance themselves from the 'Star Trek' brand (experimenting with no Star Trek titlle at al) was madness back then & is madness today.

Also having no colon in it just makes it sound stupid.

Star Trek Into Darkness
    Star Trek: Into Darkness

A very minor thing but the colon makes it sound more badass (to me anyway :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

it doesnt really make sense to not use a colon, both in the grammatical sense and just in the general bloody common sense sense!!!

i wonder what their reason was to not use a colon?, And for that matter:
    What are they trying to say by not using a colon? That the star trek fans know and love is disappearing into darkness?

thank god they didnt go down the route of leaving 'Star Trek' out of the title.

all the same, for me at least, Star Trek Into Darkness = meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What are they trying to say by not using a colon? That the star trek fans know and love is disappearing into darkness?

Graduate form the Academy, & take command of a Starship - Star Trek RIP :D

The Trek we knew & loved is long gone and aint coming back chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Could they not call it "Star Trek: ______________" with a massive lens flare obscuring the rest of the title?

Also partial to "Star Trek: ...The Fu©k?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Fitting really, Star trek Into Darkness, fading away slowly and costing lots of cash.

Come on Michael Dorn, you've been trying to make a Star Trek of some sort, if this doesn't spur you on I don't know what will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,576 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Only way this would make sense as a title is if the film was based on the TOS Mirror Universe... although I suppose technically it already is (just not the one we know - long live the Empire!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I really like he name actually. Can see he third film using the same naming scheme: Star Trek into XXXXX

It's it's own franchise and I can't think of another way of naming the films that can do this.

Advertisement