Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I used www.fastgsm.com last night had it all unlocked in about 30 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its still 49.95 on peats website
    http://www.peats.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is the peats model unlocked? That's a pretty good deal for €50 if so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

None of them are unlocked, no matter where you get them (on this thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah, just saw the last "feature"; suitable for the 3 network :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

BostonB wrote: »
    None of them are unlocked, no matter where you get them (on this thread).
    You can buy it for approx 50euro online from Peats or instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Is the "edit" button not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

VanZan wrote: »
    Is the "edit" button not working?

NO edit option on the Android mobile app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I have one of these as an xmas gift for a mate, stuck CM7.1 onto it and it really is astonishing for the money. I've been using it myself for the last two days as my main phone is in repair and I can honestly say i've hardly missed my €500 phone! Amazing :D

But a question - does anybody have a link for the usb drivers on their own? I know they come as a side effect of installing kies but that is an 85 mb download and actually crashes on most XP machines i've tried to use it on - I have usually ended up uninstalling just the kies bit which leaves the drivers installed. For various reasons I need a small, usb only download that I can point people towards. Anyone ever seen Samsung offer that download?

Thanks,
    c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Got a Europa from 3 (pre-pay) last week and worked out of the box with my O2 sim!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Phibsboro wrote: »
    But a question - does anybody have a link for the usb drivers on their own? I know they come as a side effect of installing kies but that is an 85 mb download and actually crashes on most XP machines i've tried to use it on

One of the guides in the thread has a link to a rar/zip with adb shell and drivers.

With regard to WinXP:
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/407142-adb-drivers-xp-how.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

paddyp wrote: »
    One of the guides in the thread has a link to a rar/zip with adb shell and drivers.

With regard to WinXP:
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/407142-adb-drivers-xp-how.html
    I had a feeling i'd seen it somewhere! Much searching later, it's in this early guide (note for anyone coming fresh to this thread, this link is NOT current, there is a much better way of unlocking, see the links comment at the start).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=12099386&postcount=6

Again for people coming to this afterwards, I am not 100% sure those drivers are ok, I am just posting this to save people doing the same search I did. I will uninstall kies etc, install those drivers and see if I can connect in debugging mode to the phone and will report back.

Cheers,
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nemanja15

any1 know if that samsung europa is not being sold by peats anymore? It doesn't come up under phones any more on their website...hopefully it's just out of stock... what are similar options?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nemanja15,

Please don't bump old threads..

.. best to maybe start a new thread about this in Mobiles & PDA's.

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement