Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future timeline of humanity

• 26-09-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

A really interesting guess at the future of humanity presented in timeline form. Lots of detail, images and videos too:

http://futuretimeline.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

i especially like
    10,000-15,000 AD
    The hypernova of Eta Carinae is affecting our region of the galaxy
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][...]Of much greater concern, however, are the lethal jets of gamma radiation released by the dying star. These begin to shoot outward, at such high energies that even systems thousands of light years away are affected. As a result, numerous planets in our region of the galaxy undergo mass extinctions during this time[/FONT]
    22,000 AD The Chernobyl disaster site becomes fully safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

What's so futuristic about Boss In Motion? I've been wearing it for years! Although I always have been ahead of my time...

future_robot_female_2150.jpg

HUGO-BOSS-BOSS-IN-MOTION-EDT-SPRAY-90ML.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

We only get consumer-ready flying cars in 2079? I really hope immortality is around by then. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Pfftt according to Tomorrows World we should all be using hover bikes by now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

West Antarctica is among the fastest growing areas in the world

meaning that parts of Antarctica are now comparable with the climates of Alaska, Iceland and northern Scandinavia.

And yet today no one flocks to Alaska, Iceland and northern Scandinavia today for it's climate :confused:
    1,000,000 AD - Planet-sized computers are dominating the Local Group; AI controls all government and other systems; the descendants of humanity are a Type 3 civilisation on the Kardashev scale

AI are so slow... Intel have only reached i20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Nabber wrote: »
    And yet today no one flocks to Alaska, Iceland and northern Scandinavia today for it's climate :confused:

AI are so slow... Intel have only reached i20.

'Today' refers to the future date in which the article is supposed to be written, 2092 in this case, so the climate of Alaska, Iceland and Scandinavia would be comparable to Antarctica in 2092.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's going to be some cool **** out pre 2020.

Advertisement