Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Also. TRU Thundercracker isnt getting an Asian release apparently. When you rule out eBay...it narrows your options unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Also. TRU Thundercracker isnt getting an Asian release apparently. When you rule out eBay...it narrows your options unfortunately.

That's good to know as I was kinda holding out for my usual suppliers to get them in and was beginning to wonder why it hadn't happened yet.

Checked ebay and think I'll just get someone to order it for me.

TRU.com (not uk) says Hasbro version of MP10 will be out around Oct 15th.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15546036&prodFindSrc=rv

Personally........... i think that strong lighting makes the deco look very 'plasticty', and not particularly 'masterpiecey'

TRU.com (not uk) says Hasbro version of MP10 will be out around Oct 15th.

Yeah, I pre-ordered it and got it sent to a friends house in the states. Might look into the takara one too as it the TRU was only 99 dollars including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I see what you mean re: the lighting/paint job. Not so pretty in close ups :/

• Advertisement

My wallet hates the fact I came here. I've now ordered both the Takara and the TRU one. Just couldn't cancel the TRU order as it was only 99dollars.

DBK wrote: »
    My wallet hates the fact I came here. I've now ordered both the Takara and the TRU one. Just couldn't cancel the TRU order as it was only 99dollars.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

While looking for a Takara OP MP10, I found a TRU Thundercracker. Also bought it :( (but really :D). Cost 120euro delivered.

*Stands up*
    My name is DBK and I am an addict.

Edit: They gave me free shipping as I was posting it stateside...whooo .....works out at 90 euro :D

Another round of musical chairs. If it was a straight repaint then I think it would be mp10 with a suffix?

See mp11s vs mp14

http://www.collecticon.org/2012/09/masterpiece-15-to-be-redeco-of-mp-10-optimus-prime-nemesis-prime-ultra-magnus-or-worse/

They can either release it with the Magnus armour or GTFO....seriously...how many primes do they think we need?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If it is Magnus with a trailer/armour set I'll be getting it for sure.

I just want a Masterpiece '86 movie set. Rodimus, Magnus, Kup, Arcee, Springer, Grimlock, Wheelie, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, Sharkticon/Quinteson and Wreckgar.

They can either release it with the Magnus armour or GTFO....seriously...how many primes do they think we need?????

They've deliberately, repeatedly, teased rough concepts with the armour. If they just dumped a white Prime on us now, it would be counter productive.

Also see: The 'leak' of MP12 from a Chinese factory maybe a month back, and consider that what ever Mp15 is, it probably won't be out til Feb, or March.

I'd say Takara have a fair idea what they're doing.

Now......who wants to guess pricing?

Mp10 was...... $250, and that was just with a hinged box, albeit with fair detail in it.

$275? :)

Now......who wants to guess pricing?

Mp10 was...... $250, and that was just with a hinged box, albeit with fair detail in it.

$275? :)

Unless they release White Prime and display something on the box of the trailer sold separately, MP15-T or something, so that the price won't exceed 300 dollars. Even though you'll probably end up paying 300 dollars but in two payments. Masterpiece collecting is becoming seriously expensive.

Guess its a coin toss to see which of my kids goes to college :)

Guess its a coin toss to see which of my kids goes to college :)

Kids?

(....i lead a very self-centered life.)

I always wanted a masterpiece Ultra Magnus and Galvatron to pose them in one of my fav images for the marvel comics:

http://www.oneshallstand.com/articles/target2006/T2006_showdown.jpg

Always wondered why Magnus was Galvatron's main rival, when it was supposed to be Rodimus (which in turn always made me wonder "Upgrade from a hot sports car to a bloody Winnebago??? You can keep your bloody matrix.")

I

Always wondered why Magnus was Galvatron's main rival, when it was supposed to be Rodimus

(which in turn always made me wonder "Upgrade from a hot sports car to a bloody Winnebago??? You can keep your bloody matrix.")

On the first paragraph: I suppose because Rodimus was kept relatively hush-hush up to a point, and Magnus spent a large chunk of the movie being chased by Magnus.

More locally, there was also Target 2006. I seem to remember Hasbro sending out product flyers announcing them as "the new leaders", like they were price point rivals, then kick in the fact that Rodimus got a late release here too. So i think the Magnus/Galvatron thing was more exaggerated here.

On the second point: I believe Takara's designers said the Hot Rod Camper van thing was meant to represent the transition into maturity.

More locally, there was also Target 2006. I seem to remember Hasbro sending out product flyers announcing them as "the new leaders", like they were price point rivals, then kick in the fact that Rodimus got a late release here too. So i think the Magnus/Galvatron thing was more exaggerated here

Yeah, I remember the back of the comics advertising the two as the new leaders. Then when they came out, they were "city commanders".
    On the second point: I believe Takara's designers said the Hot Rod Camper van thing was meant to represent the transition into maturity.

Jaysus, I'd hate to live in a universe were you going from being a "teenager" to a pensioner in 5 seconds. There's maturity and then there's decrepit. And the trailer, when transformed and you put Rodimus on it, reminded me off the scene from Flash Gordon where he's on that hover bike thing. "FLASSH...awh awh....you're not Rodimus Prime.." ..... OH. Hold on, they have the same tshirt going on too...WTF?:p

With all it's problems, at least it had elbow joints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is that a dialysis machine?!?!!? :eek:

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Is that a dialysis machine?!?!!? :eek:

Cause it sure is taking the pi$$ :D

Ravage and Rumble in March.

And then Frenzy and Buzzsaw. Or will they drop Buzzsaw and go straight for Ratbat I wonder? Either way, I'm on board.

Picture circulating of Frenzy and Buzzsaw.

RIRFIB!

Also, Masterpiece Evil Lincoln at the end of March. (no trailer)

tfmp10b.jpg

Picture circulating of Frenzy and Buzzsaw.

RIRFIB!

Rumble in red/Frenzy in Blue? So not cartoon accurate like the masterpieces have been? Going with the original carded release (apart from the Buzzsaw/Laserbeak switch)

Also, Masterpiece Evil Lincoln at the end of March. (no trailer)

An easy pass for me (Though I might end up getting it...I just can't say no sometimes)

Rumble in red/Frenzy in Blue? So not cartoon accurate like the masterpieces have been? Going with the original carded release (apart from the Buzzsaw/Laserbeak switch)

The blue one was called Frenzy in the Japanese Dub of the G1 cartoon :--)

JEBUS, my wallet just caught fire!!! Fort max, the cassettes and as I was browsing I noticed Toysrus.com got Masterpiece Thundercracker back in stock for shipping. SOLD. Shipped it to my mate in the states. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That MP-10 Optimus Prime starting to show up at TRU in the Us now looks the business

Advertisement