Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

E book publishing first novel

• 16-09-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

Hi there
    just wondered has anyone had recent experiences or advice in regard to self publishing an e book for kindle. I have finished my first novel after experience in writing for television and stage and radio. I've written a comedy about men in Dublin who become pregnant by accident and i would appreciate any advice you may have.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭ bigsmokewriting

Get someone else to read it over for typos etc - it's a small thing but it's amazing how many can sneak in and how hard it is to spot them yourself!

And good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

Thanks for that i already did amazing what turns up with a fresh set of eyes thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Gryphonboy

I recently self-published a short story through fastpencil.com. It's available now on the fastpencil marketplace with wider distribution on amazon and Barnes&Noble coming in the next week or so.
    I really like the service they offer. They have a great webtool for formatting and editing the novel. Handily for me they have a clever system that lets you import a blog (I wrote my story in blog format) which you can then edit into a finished manuscript.

Thank you Gryphonboy I will check that out and have a look was it very difficult setting about starting your blog?

You're welcome :)

Starting a blog is the easiest thing in the world. Actually following through and creating something that people will follow is another story. I use wordpress because I like the templates they offer.

If you are interested you can check it out @ Psyche!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 32,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pickarooney

Gryphonboy wrote: »
    You're welcome :)

Starting a blog is the easiest thing in the world. Actually following through and creating something that people will follow is another story. I use wordpress because I like the templates they offer.

If you are interested you can check it out @ http://gryphonboy.wordpress.com

I know you know you're not supposed to be posting blog links. Please don't do it again outside the relevant thread.

Apologies. I have edited out the offending article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭ pavb2

Hope it's OK to post this link, I found all the info I needed here on Kindle D.P. read through a lot of the older stuff as lately things have been a bit acrimonious.

Not moderated as well as boards if at all

http://forums.kindledirectpublishing.com/kdpforums/forumindex.jspa

thanks pavb2 that looks interesting and very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭ pavb2

You're welcome 'Voice of the Author' section is useful as is the search option if you put in 'newbie'

I think an e publishing forum would be good on here, maybe there's enough info out there but it's nice to have a community of like minded people

• Advertisement
Advertisement