Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

manual for avoca water softener?

• 24-09-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Would anyone know where I could possibly find an instruction manual for an avoca brand water softener, preferably online so i dont have to leave the house :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ironside

Hi there. I'm also looking for an instruction manual on Avoca Water Softener but can't do so on the web. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Juat bumping this up ...have an avoca softener but am starting to get lime in the showers toilets etc ...need to up the dose I think

• Registered Users Posts: 26 frankledwith

Vego wrote: »
    Juat bumping this up ...have an avoca softener but am starting to get lime in the showers toilets etc ...need to up the dose I think

Did you ever get your manual? I need one now too, is there an online one? Thank you.

nope seems like a money making gimmick where you need to have a lad come out to look like he knows what hes doing where in reality hes flushing the system and charging 50-60 yoyos

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Did you ever get your manual? I need one now too, is there an online one? Thank you.

Found something I online with instructions on setting up timers and doing a manual flush etc, have it saved somewhere, if I can find it I'll get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 owenyball

Twigster, did you ever find the instructions on setting up timers and doing a manual flush etc? Cheers....

Just found it by coincidence going through old folders during the week, if you pm me your email i'll send it on. It's not the full manual, but has instructions on setting up the regeneration cycle.

Twigster wrote: »
    Just found it by coincidence going through old folders during the week, if you pm me your email i'll send it on. It's not the full manual, but has instructions on setting up the regeneration cycle.
    Can I get a copy of that too dude ðŸ‘

Edit: file wouldn't load

Vego wrote: »
    Can I get a copy of that too dude ðŸ‘

Yeah just pm your email, file is too big to attach here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 oreillymj2010

Hi, would anyone in this thread still have this file in a Dropbox or OneDrive link they could post.

The softener is working but water is salty in the morning, so I think it needs to rinse for longer and want to alter the timer.

Thanks

If you pm me your email address I'll send it on, might not have all the details but has info on seeing up the rinse cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Beeabell

Hi guys can I get a copy of the manual also please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've already emailed this to someone else on boards, if you PM me with your email address I can send you on the full manual in pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I have one of these too and have been doing some research on these as I'd like to connect it into a Home Assistant setup I'm running to have it alert me when it needs salt (I'm not good at remembering to do it). It looks like this is the manufacturer's site for the valve line that's installed by Avoca: https://www.run-xin.com/en/category140.htm

I'm not 100 % sure which one Avoca use, but from a programming point of view they all look pretty similar.

Advertisement