Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For those looking to play for fun!

• 16-08-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Killester Basketball Club are happy to invite all Men and Women to our Basketball for Fun evenings in St. Fintans High School, Sutton on Friday evenings 7.30pm-8.30pm (Women) and 8.30pm-9.30pm (Men).

This program will start on Friday the 24th August and will run for approx 10 weeks. Cost is €3 per session.

The aim of this Social Basketball is to encourage as many parents, lapsed basket- ballers or anyone over 18 who just want to have a bit of exercise and fun. The emphasis of this project will be fun, inclusive of light exercise.

No previous playing experience is required.

You do not have to be a member of Killester Basketball Club to join in this fun event and please bring a friend.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

Brilliant idea. Too far for me though i think, but ai'd love to see more clubs follow suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

I was playing social basketball away in canada and was wondering is there any of it in dublin, cool, I think I shall drop in friday, my fitness was jsut getting good so shame to let it slip back to rubbish.
    Any place do it with men and women on teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 K_B_C

Just to update...we have 10 confirmed for the women's session and 9 for the mens session so far.

So how do I put my name down for the men's session?

Just turn up on the evening. Everyone will be catered for. We have two decent cross courts in the gym if needed.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder, games are on again this Friday from 7.30pm to 9.30pm (women for first hour, men for second hour). We had 12 ladies last week and 10 men. Feel free to pop down to try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

K_B_C wrote: »
    Just a reminder, games are on again this Friday from 7.30pm to 9.30pm (women for first hour, men for second hour). We had 12 ladies last week and 10 men. Feel free to pop down to try it out!
    HEllo is this still on, I am male and havent played competitively in a few years but would love to give it a go again if possible?

Yes, basketball is still running. 10 -12 men come down and 12 - 15 women. All of varying levels. 8.30pm for the men's sessions.

Hi all,

Just a reminder this is still running and we even played two games vs Killester's D5 team to change it up.

Hope to see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fluffduffy

Hi is this stil on in sutton in fridays?

• Advertisement

Is this still going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭DeanSmedley

Yes, is this still going? Looking for women's social basketball in south side if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 11 huntd3

Hi is this still on? I would be very interested

Advertisement