Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E book publishing first novel

• 16-09-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there
    just wondered has anyone had recent experiences or advice in regard to self publishing an e book for kindle. I have finished my first novel after experience in writing for television and stage and radio. I've written a comedy about men in Dublin who become pregnant by accident and i would appreciate any advice you may have.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

Get someone else to read it over for typos etc - it's a small thing but it's amazing how many can sneak in and how hard it is to spot them yourself!

And good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

Thanks for that i already did amazing what turns up with a fresh set of eyes thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gryphonboy

I recently self-published a short story through fastpencil.com. It's available now on the fastpencil marketplace with wider distribution on amazon and Barnes&Noble coming in the next week or so.
    I really like the service they offer. They have a great webtool for formatting and editing the novel. Handily for me they have a clever system that lets you import a blog (I wrote my story in blog format) which you can then edit into a finished manuscript.

Thank you Gryphonboy I will check that out and have a look was it very difficult setting about starting your blog?

You're welcome :)

Starting a blog is the easiest thing in the world. Actually following through and creating something that people will follow is another story. I use wordpress because I like the templates they offer.

If you are interested you can check it out @ Psyche!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Gryphonboy wrote: »
    You're welcome :)

Starting a blog is the easiest thing in the world. Actually following through and creating something that people will follow is another story. I use wordpress because I like the templates they offer.

If you are interested you can check it out @ http://gryphonboy.wordpress.com

I know you know you're not supposed to be posting blog links. Please don't do it again outside the relevant thread.

Apologies. I have edited out the offending article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hope it's OK to post this link, I found all the info I needed here on Kindle D.P. read through a lot of the older stuff as lately things have been a bit acrimonious.

Not moderated as well as boards if at all

http://forums.kindledirectpublishing.com/kdpforums/forumindex.jspa

thanks pavb2 that looks interesting and very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭pavb2

You're welcome 'Voice of the Author' section is useful as is the search option if you put in 'newbie'

I think an e publishing forum would be good on here, maybe there's enough info out there but it's nice to have a community of like minded people

• Advertisement
Advertisement