Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car pooling/sharing thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

HI All,

I would be heaing from moylough at 6.15 ish and leaving Galway at 3.15pm mon - fri if anyone interested ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marion05

Galway city or Oramore to Limerick Monday-Friday car share/ car pool. Happy to drive or share driving to split petrol costs. Leaving Galway 07:30am and returning at 04:00pm Monday-Thursday and returning at 02:00pm on Friday. Female only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FGlynn

Hi there,

I'm currently working in Medtronic Galway and commuting from Loughrea. But I need to find a new lift to work soon. I start work ideally at 8am but earlier would be fine. I live near the main link road from loughrea to the motorway and could meet you there. Obviously I will split petrol costs. If you PM me your number I will get in touch asap. Or if you know someone working there I'd be greatful if you could put me in touch.

Thanks,
    Francis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marion05

Galway to Limerick car share, Monday to Friday. Leave Galway 7am, return from Limerick 4pm. Looking to car pool and share petrol. Female only.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rambunctious1

Hi all. I'm looking for a lift from the Knocknacarra area to Parkmore, preferably around the Technology Park, Monday to Friday. Work starts at 9 and finishes at 6 but if the home journey in the evening didn't suit I wouldn't mind as I'd prefer a reliable method of getting to work in the morning. Any offers greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Havent used it myself, but you may find it useful

http://carpool.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rambunctious1

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I have signed up but users in Galway seem a bit sparse at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Besides here, try putting a notice up at work to see if someone lives in Knockers?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wot biko said.

Most companies in Parkmore have a start time earlier than 9, so you'd probably be best off looking in your own workplace. (Assuming there's a few employees!)

You can use www.viamichelin.com to calculate petrol costs to share.
    It gives me an estimate of 3 euro one way between Knockers and Parkmore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »

Ouch.

An all-day bus ticket is only E3.70 (assuming you don't need to use City Direct).

I know, it's a painful trip, you'd probably need to be on the bus from there by 7:30, and not get home til 7:30pm. :( But still ... less than the cost of petrol alone is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Car Share Wanted; Galway to Athlone

Anyone travel from Galway (specifically Wellpark/Renmore area, but will meet wherever suits) to Athlone town?

Will be without the van for a few weeks and don't really fancy depending on busses.
    Need to be there for 8:30am and returning around 5'ish.

Long shot maybe but if anyone makes that journey and fancies cutting the fuel costs a bit, pm me please!

Thanks, GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

biko wrote: »

in fairness, I doubt that calculates traffic etc. which will increase the price of petrol. also, cars don't only need fuel to make them go. brakes, tyres and everything else costs money. wouldn't kill the person to pay an extra couple of euro and call it a fiver.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ouch.

An all-day bus ticket is only E3.70 (assuming you don't need to use City Direct).

I know, it's a painful trip, you'd probably need to be on the bus from there by 7:30, and not get home til 7:30pm. :( But still ... less than the cost of petrol alone is impressive.

I know what you're saying, and I was a bus person up until my mid 20s. But at some point I realised that my time was worth more to me than the money it would cost to run a car.

That used to be my day. I'd hop on a bus at 7am, and hop off another around 6pm. Now my day is 7.15 to 4.45. It might not seem like much, but it's time with my kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭emzippy

Long shot

I know this is a long shot but does anyone commute from Galway to Dublin on and Thursday and Friday?

Anywhere in Dublin city Centre is fine. I was offered a part time job and I'm trying to see if commuting from Galway (where my other part time job is) is an option!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

emzippy wrote: »
    Long shot
    I know this is a long shot but does anyone commute from Galway to Dublin on and Thursday and Friday?
    Anywhere in Dublin city Centre is fine. I was offered a part time job and I'm trying to see if commuting from Galway (where my other part time job is) is an option!
    Thanks.

By the time you pay a share of petrol and tolls, the bus is probably cheaper, and with bus lanes takes about the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aistag

anyone doing galway to athlone? also galway city to barna? early mornings! looking for a lift and splitting costs, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bardub

anyone going galway to limerick or UL monday to friday or less, would contribute towards petrol costs

bardub, no need to bring back two threads. I have merged them and removed one of your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I am looking for potential lifts from Merlin Park area to Parkmore (SAP) and back this week. If anyone is taking that route, please PM. Would contribute petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I drive to Spiddal from Galway City 5 days a fortnight (yeah... sounds weird right?). Leaving about 2pm. Free lift out to anyone that wants it, but no ride back... unless you're coming back at 3am. :D

I'm still doing this run fortnightly. Handy even as a once off for people...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 galwaybird

Hi all

I am living in Loughrea and commute to Parkmore in Galway daily, I work Monday to Friday my hours are 8.30am to 5pm (4pm on a Friday). I was wondering if there is anyone interested in car pooling if travelling in the same direction at same times?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

I'm wondering does anyone travel to Galway to Athlone weekdays? Would be helpful If I could get a lift on some days during the week. Would need to be in Athlone for 8am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭emzippy

I hope it's ok to post this twice - mods I also posted it in commuting and transport but might get a response from here.

Hi All,

I will be commuting from Galway to Monksland, Athlone from Monday to Friday (9am - 5pm) starting in June.

Does anyone also do this who would be interested in sharing the commute?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marcusm22

Hi im currently studying in galway and was wondering does anyone drive to galway from castlebar mon-friday , thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

marcusm22 wrote: »
    Hi im currently studying in galway and was wondering does anyone drive to galway from castlebar mon-friday , thankyou

Sorry I can't help you but if you have a boards account that you post through usually it might be better to put your request up via that. People might feel more confident travelling with someone they recognise here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marcusm22

Sorry I can't help you but if you have a boards account that you post through usually it might be better to put your request up via that. People might feel more confident travelling with someone they recognise here.
    ahh yes thank you for the heads up, new boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ Dimitri Long Roadblock

hoody wrote: »
    Anyone doing Loughrea - Parkmore Business Park Mon to Fri, 9am to 5.30pm?

Are you stilll looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Are you stilll looking?

After 2 years? How'd you dig this one up?

• Advertisement

Old thread lock

Start new thread if needed, with details

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement