Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Night of Champions - Betting

• 16-09-2012 1:10pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Gone with an accum for tonight of..

CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Sheamus. 30 quid returns 131-ish.

CM Punk I'm a tad iffy on admittedly, but the rest should be grand. Tag team match might be worth a sneaky tenner on the reigning champions @ 4/1 but I honestly can see it going either way. There is absolutely no point in taking Bryan and Kane @ 1/7 or thereabouts.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I worry about Ziggler nowadays. Think I'm going to just leave him out to be safe. Have a feeling Punk will get a DQ or something involving Heyman, giving Cena a win but not the title, letting them keep going.

Um....Punk vs Cena is gone now :S

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I worry about Ziggler nowadays. Think I'm going to just leave him out to be safe. Have a feeling Punk will get a DQ or something involving Heyman, giving Cena a win but not the title, letting them keep going.

Um....Punk vs Cena is gone now :S

I'll be honest, I've watched a grand total of 30 minutes to 1 hour since the last PPV. So all I'm basing my bets upon are the PW forum here for the most part. But yeah, I do agree to an extent going from what I've read about Ziggler, but that doubt in the main stems from excepting him to lose a match and then later on in the night, cash in the Money In The Bank briefcase to win the other title.

Really, Sheamus and Layla are the bankers tonight on the face of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

A €20 treble on sheamus, punk and Layla returns €50. That'll do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I have been doing these bets for the last 5 months, but I don't trust PP favourites tonight (which is what I usually go by).

Layla vs Kaitlyn seems like a trap. Layla seems the obvious pick, but seeing as this is a Face vs Face match with a Heel at ringside (Eve), then I can see Eve helping one of the Faces to win, and then that winner turning Heel after the match. The obvious person to go Heel is Kaitlyn - as she currently has no real character, and she needs something to help fans react to her. Going Heel would do this.

Sheamus vs Del Rio seems weird too. Sheamus is once again the obvious pick, but this is now the 5th PPV in a row that these two have faced each other. There is also the whole banning of the Brouge Kick thing - which I feel will come into the match in someway. Del Rio could win by DQ if Sheamus uses it (or something like that).

Then Cena vs Punk. This PPV is in Cena's hometown. He is currently promoting Best Cancer Awareness (and will wear special ring gear tonight), and Jerry Lawler had a real heart attack. I think Punk was originally meant to win here, but loads of things make me think that something could have changed as of this week. Jerry Lawler's legit heart attack is the biggie. Punk was in a storyline with him - so I think WWE could have easily changed things to now have Cena win "For Jerry." It would be pretty much impossible too boo Cena if he talks nice about Lawler on RAW after winning - and WWE would love people not to boo Cena.

Also Ziggler vs Orton is weird too. Ziggler should win, to make him look strong as he has the Money in the Bank case, but there is also talk of him cashing in tonight. If he does cash in, then I could see him losing the Orton match first to set up the surprise 'cash in' for later on in the night.

The only match I am in any way sure about is the tag match. Kane & Daniel Bryan will win it easy, as they've set up the team coming together for the past month. However the odds for that are horrible as a single.

I honestly have no idea what to do this month in regards to an accumulator. I think going with the faves is a mistake this time - as there is too much that could happen to F things up in multiple matches.

Actually, I have just decided I am just going to put £10 on Kaitlyn to Win @ 2.75, and hope for the best. Seems like the best single outsider of the bunch to bet on.

Good Luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

20 euro treble on sheamus layla and ziggler 66 back! wish i had read your post before betting tinodz not confident at all now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

The Layla match has been voided. Punk result is still "pending" on paddy power.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Warned about Ziggler. He should be winning all over the place but never does.

My treble paid out by the looks of it thanks to one void match and a draw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I just read the results for this, and I am confused.

All I know is I got refunded.

7nppx.gif

Advertisement