Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bayonetta 2

• 13-09-2012 6:13pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Apparently will be a Wii U exclusive... So one of the reasons why I went back to console gaming was for Bayonetta, question is: are people really into Bayonetta that they would get a Wii U to play it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

That and ZombiiU. Mostly Bayonetta though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I'm not into anything so much that I'd buy a Wii U for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Where's this information from? Wasn't Bayonetta 2 cancelled completely not so long ago? I love Bayonetta, I've no interest in a Wii U atall atall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

deathrider wrote: »
    Where's this information from? Wasn't Bayonetta 2 cancelled completely not so long ago? I love Bayonetta, I've no interest in a Wii U atall atall.

It comes directly from Nintendo themselves at their media briefing today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,795 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

are people really into Bayonetta that they would get a Wii U to play it?

I am. Was holding off on the WiiU. Now I really want one, although they did announce new Starfox and F-zero games as well and two other platinum projects as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If this is true then Nintendo must be giving them a tonne of cash for the exclusive, given the dev costs these days and limiting it to one console.

Shame I'll never get to play it if its WiiU only, I already have one expensive paperweight in the house I don't intend to buy another, fool me once ....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

calex71 wrote: »
    Shame I'll never get to play it if its WiiU only, I already have one expensive paperweight in the house I don't intend to buy another, fool me once ....... :D

Technically you'd be getting two paperweights, what with the tablet controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Apparently will be a Wii U exclusive... So one of the reasons why I went back to console gaming was for Bayonetta, question is: are people really into Bayonetta that they would get a Wii U to play it?
    Short answer? Yes.

Long answer? So we have Bayonetta 2, **** yea! But there's also:

The Wonderful 100
    ZombiU
    Rayman Legends
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    TANK! TANK! TANK!
    Plus new entries in most of Nintendo's existing franchises.

And we're still a couple of months before release.

Also, Bayonetta 2.

BAYONETTA 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,795 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With 3 exclusive games from Bayonetta maybe Nintendo are thinking of making them a second party?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,090 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't think Bayonetta necessarily needs a sequel (as close to perfection as gaming gets, frankly), but I sure as hell can't wait to play it anyway. TAKE MY MOTHER****ING MONEY, Y'ALL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Suddenly interested in the Wii U...well played Nintendo!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well the guys involved with Platinum have a great relationship with Nintendo, if I remember correctly. Like Shinji Mikami was involved with the Gamecube exclusives(at the time) such as RE0, Viewtiful Joe and RE4 and when RE4 was ported he was pretty annoyed.

But as I hope to get a Wii U, I'm glad to see them have good relationships and exclusives. Not out of spite against other platforms, but rather I'd like to see it do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This plus whatever Zelda titles the future may hold pretty much ensure my interest in the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

No please let me to play the game on normal controller!! I quite like the x360 version bayonetta1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wouldnt be suprised that Platinum were shopping round for a new publisher, since SEGA are doing their "BIG 4" at retail outside Japan and Bayonetta 2 wouldnt have been one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://website.dailygamedeal.com/2012/09/sega-canceled-bayonetta-2/

according to this it seems sega are playing the advisor role

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Wouldnt be suprised that Platinum were shopping round for a new publisher, since SEGA are doing their "BIG 4" at retail outside Japan and Bayonetta 2 wouldnt have been one of them.
    SEGA still own the IP though so I'd imagine a rather large financial incentive was offered to both parties in order to finish it / get it released on the Wii U.

As an aside, I'm not sure which is worse, the level of clueless bitching from a bunch of ****ing halfwits or the fact that Platinum have had to come out and explain themselves.

gizmo wrote: »
    SEGA still own the IP though so I'd imagine a rather large financial incentive was offered to both parties in order to finish it / get it released on the Wii U.

As an aside, I'm not sure which is worse, the level of clueless bitching from a bunch of ****ing halfwits or the fact that Platinum have had to come out and explain themselves.

Can't read from work, but I'm guessing they're moaning about not being able to play on systems they own. "They" being the same ones who would point and laugh at people not being able to play games exclusive to the systems "they" own.

Surprised Anarchy Reigns wasn't announced as well since Max Anarchy and the Black Baron were introduced in the Nintendo exclusive and now Bayonetta getting a Nintendo exclusive.

Every time I think it can't get any worse, gamers manage to take the levels of childish bellenditry to new levels. Morons the lot of them and they don't deserve a response other than 'if you really are into games get all the consoles otherwise shut up'.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Every time I think it can't get any worse, gamers manage to take the levels of childish bellenditry to new levels. Morons the lot of them and they don't deserve a response other than 'if you really are into games get all the consoles otherwise shut up'.
    What I found most amusing/tragic was that the first "response" in the comments section was...
    The first Bayonetta was a poor, shallow game from head to toe. I'm not the least bit fussed.

The mind ****ing boggles.

• Advertisement

What I found most amusing/tragic was that the first "response" in the comments section was...

The mind ****ing boggles.

Because of the opinion or the fact they post on an article about something they've no interest in?
    I've got the first Bayonetta on PS3 and I have yet to play it. Guess it'll be moved closer to the top of the backlog now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm sure it'll appear on the other next-gen consoles given time (ala RE4 etc.)

Not if Nintendo are publishing it.

Didnt sony publish ghostbusters and it still ended up on xbox ?

Could be mistaken

They did. How many third party Nintendo 'exclusives' published by nintendo have ended up on rival platforms? Nintendo will have the rights sewn up for at least 5 years.

Didnt sony publish ghostbusters and it still ended up on xbox ?

Could be mistaken
    Only in Europe. Much like Resident Evil 4 where Capcom published it in Japan but Nintendo handled it in NA and Europe.

In the case of Resident Evil 4, as far as I'm aware that was the result of an exclusivity deal rather than Nintendo actually paying for development. Bayonetta 2 differs because Sega have already cancelled it so Nintendo are obviously ponying up the cash, either directly or indirectly, for it to be finished. Whether it comes to other platforms would depend on Nintendo allowing it (e.g the terms of the contract) and, even if they did, Sega being willing to pay for the port work to current gen machines and then marketing and distributing costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Surely having Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U, is better than having no Bayonetta? Also, this is hardly the first time, that something like this has happened. Really, I don't see much reason for the rage. Its all rather silly, and the death threats are way over the top, and they should probably be investigated.

I agree all death threats people are making cause its exclusive to a nintendo system is stupid.

People like this are sick indivisuals and are basically just keyboard warriors that are brave behind their keyboard and mouse

Would it nice if bayonetta 2 was multiplat ? Yes
    Is it the end of the world if it never leaves wii u console ? No

People swear a oath to these companies and while it ok to have your favourites its really at the end of the day ones loss if they choose to stick to one console , having each console or platform have a huge library of games is one being exclusive really a loss ?

Also just wait few years and the price of the console drops to where its easily affordable and you can even play more great games

In the end i do not care even if vanquish 2 ended up on the wii u as a exclusive aswell , as long these games come out thats all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They did. How many third party Nintendo 'exclusives' published by nintendo have ended up on rival platforms? Nintendo will have the rights sewn up for at least 5 years.

Epic Mickey Two
    Samurai Warriors 3
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
    Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (previous game Kamiya handed off to Inaba like this)
    just off the top of my head

• Advertisement

None of which where published by Nintendo. I can't see Nintendo letting it go, it's a big deal for them and it looks like Sega have no say in the publishing of it, just hanging around collecting a royalty cheque for the license.

Advertisement