Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a fertility clinic dublin

Options
  • 02-09-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good fertility clinic in Dublin or Northern Ireland? (preferably one that takes appointments late afternoon/evening or weekends if possible!)

Thanks in advance

Anna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well I was in the Rotunda for my treatment and after my 3rd cycle Im finally 9 weeks PG and they were very helpful but Im not sure about the times they give but you could always ring to enquire

• Registered Users Posts: 1 purple_chic

I have found the Rotunda Private (The Hari Unit) very helpful and good (although they have a waiting list and it takes time to get an appointment)... hope this helps. The best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Anna122

Thanks guys, I will give them a ring. Pardon me but is the Rotunda private hospital/section (the hari unit) the same as the Rotunda - or is the Rotunda the public option?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

The Hari Unit is the fertility clinic connected to the Rotunda (Maternity Hospital). It's a private clinic, but I think they accept a limited number of public (Medical card) patients, I'm not sure, but basically all fertility treatment is (more or less) private in this country unfortunately.

Very, very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolly175

Personally i would avoid the Hari, we found them very slack and just pushed IVF straight away. I have a considerable history in the gynae dept in the Rotunda - NONE of this was taken into consideration. I went to the bother of getting copies of all my recordds and the consultant never even looked at it. Each appointment lasted 10 mins and even before they ran any tests he said we should just go straight to IVF.

I feel they are more interested in making money than helping people. thats just our experience. we are waiting on an appointment with Sims now but i rang them up and checked that all my records would be read before they meet us. They said to send in as much info as possible and everything will be checked before we see them.

Good luck xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

I'm attending the merrion clinic and have found them very good to date.
    All of the clinics have a 6 week waiting list approximately.
    The merrion don't really have out of hours appointments as far as I'm aware but you could give them a call to check.
    Blood tests are between 8.30am and 3.30pm I think it is.
    Some other tests can be done from 8am (e.g. SA).
    Ultrasounds are after 6pm.
    Consultant appointments are between 8am and 4pm I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi, I just saw your post...I know it was a few weeks ago, but as fertility treatment is very much long haul, I thought there was no harm in replying.
    When we started this journey about 15 years ago, we made appointments with several, to see how we clicked. We tried the Hari clinic, and did not have a good experience with it. Awful set up, very clinical..
    We ended up going with the Bournhall clinic, who were the clinic to have the first IVF baby in the UK, Louise Brown. They have an Irish Clinic operating out of the pricate hospital in Clane. Pricewise, they were all the same....
    The nursing staff were exceptional, the doctors fab, and were able to empathise with u as a couple.
    Clane is a few miles from Naas, which is very near Dublin. We have an 11 year old, and by God, we know how lucky we are to have her....!!
    The very best of luck to you and your oh. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi ,
    We have tried 2 clinics in ireland.We found the kilkenny clinic a bit run down and in fact
    partner was sent home after egg collection with an untreated infection.This delayed us in trying our 2nd cycle in The Sims clinic,clonskeagh,dublin which we found to be very professional and modern.Unfortunately we were also unsuccessful this time and have become
    very sceptical as to whether it is all just a money making racket.However no price can be put on a child and no doubt we will be trying one more time.The process is physically fine but mentally tiring.best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

Has anyone had experience in the Galway clinic we were there for the last year had paid them had to stick with them we were fraught with problems some couldn’t be helped some were completely unprofessional on their behalf we just had our first failed cycle :(.
    I am considering moving to the Sims clinic we have heard one or two good things about them anyone have experience with them too? DH wants to give Galway one more chance but like other people here I feel it’s a lot of money if they are not professional. Really wish Ireland would regulate this service, give people at least one free chance like they do in England. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I had a round of ICSI in the SIMS clinic and I couldn't fault them. Good luck x

• Advertisement

We've been attending Clane clinic and have to say they're great. Seem to want to try all options before IVF and they have no problem arranging appointments around work - like early morning (from 7 am I think) & late evening till 6. Really clean and relaxing atmosphere & the staff are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VT1

Hi I just got an appointment to the SIMS clinic. Very anxious about all this but they seemed really professional. I have just turned 40 and been trying for a while so this is the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

Hi VT1

This is a difficult journey you are embarking on, but a journey that you have to be more proactive than reactive. You need to be well informed not resting until you know exactly what your plan of action is, time is is of the essences for you. So be strong and grab this opportunity!!

The Sims are a brilliant clinic I almost felt when I walked through the doors that they put a blank around me and nurtured me through my treatment which is still ongoing. Not everyone will have the same opinion but its your feeling of how you are being treated, always trust your Gut. I’m only sorry I didn’t do that with the last clinic but hindsight and education are great after the fact.

Good luck
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mollyjoe

hi, haven't been on here in awhile, but we've been to the hari 5 times and no babies, but nw we are attending the sims have an appointment in 2wks time so will let u know hw we get on

The only clinic we have had experience with is Hari. We got an appointment within a few weeks. They are very professional and friendly. During our first app they explained everything to us and we decided that ICSI was the best thing for us. Our first try I got pregnant and we now have a beautiful little boy. I have just gone through my second try with FET this time and I'm pregnant again! Best of Luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bvon

Hi Ruthie84, We have had our appointments with the Hari Clinic. I'm so confused with jargon etc. We were told we would need ICSI. Have you any idea how much this costs ? I see the pricelist on line but I don't understand the list of procedures we need so I can tott it up. Saving for a loan at the moment so it be great to have an idea of how much we need. It's all we think about and want to start asap.
    Congratulations Ruthie84, it's so lovely to hear your dreams come true x

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paleo muinteoir

We were at the Merrion Clinic for a while and I wasn't happy with them at all. I wouldn't even go so far as to say that they were incompetent or that their treatments etc were wrong. But I found them to be COMPLETELY UNCOMPASSIONATE. Maybe, it's just me - but fertility treatment is scary and nerve-wracking and generally difficult to go through and I thought a little compassion would have gone a long way.
    We moved to SIMS and found them to be a million times better - at every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Hi there ladies.

I am currently writing a piece on fertility treatments and I am looking to speak to women regarding their personal experiences. I have a small questionnaire which I can forward onto anyone who is interested, but I will be looking to speak to people also.
    I am no stranger to this world, but it is 13 years since I was here myself so I imagine there have been vast changes since then.

All information will be treated with the height of respect and is not being collected for statistics, purely for a written piece.

Regards

Bell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I can answer what ever helps.
    Just send on whichever and I'll do my best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Wouldn't mind filling it out either.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

I have sent PM's to the people who are interested in the questionnaire.

Thanks

Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Not liking the hari much myself,we're looking into other clinic's at the minute,hari is too rushed nothing explained properly and the last two times we were in he was discusing other patients in front of us,the time before that we could hear another couple givin details of their problems.We're hoping to move to clane.

Hi Folks

If anyone else would be interested in answering the questionnaire, please just pm me.

Many thanks

Bell

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mollyjoe

send it on to me aswell plz

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

I can fill it out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Me too send it on.

On the clinics, the Merrion didn't work out for us, they were lovely but concentrated on treatments rather than finding out what was wrong. The doctor we saw in Sims has a very bad bedside manner, though we may go back and request a different doctor. Napro have been brilliant, they found out what was wrong and fixed it. We haven't had any joy yet on our assisted reproduction but I would always recommend them as they actually listened and in so doing cured my various issues, now if we can get pregnant we have some chance of keeping our baby.

Pm's sent to all who requested.

Thanks a million for this.

Bell

Hi Folks,

I am hoping to get through all the information this weekend, if anyone has still to send back a questionnaire, I would be very grateful if you could send it to me.

A huge thanks to everyone who gave me some help here, hopefully it will allow me write a good piece.

Thanks

Bell.x

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Hi all,

Totally new to this forum but just saw this thread by chance. Would anyone have any experience with Care Fertility clinic in Dublin. Myself and my partner have an appointment coming up for an initial consultation but just wondering if anyone had any experiences good, bad, or otherwise?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 spops

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and I have no idea if I am on the right forum. I'm a single lady, mid 30s with an under-lying condition and I am hoping to freeze my eggs. I was just wondering if anyone has gone through this process and what clinic did they use? All advice is welcomed. Thanks :)

Advertisement