Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pokemon cards

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Denny M wrote: »
    I have a Charizard already, I'm getting a Charmander and Charmeleon :D

that's awesome. Make sure you put up another pic! I wanna get a Starmie and a few splashes when I can afford it.
    Get a masterball tattooed on your foot, slightly open and with awesome bolts of energy running up your leg and all over your groin and abdomen so from one side it looks like you're being sent out to battle.

The Argos 2x2 booster might be codes for online booster packs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

They're little boosters with 2 cards in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

I'm hoping to wait until Rayquaza EX comes out in a set, but ordering some of the new Dragon sets is going to be tempting. :(

Black and White Tins marked at €3.50 in BallyBrack Tesco. That's what... €13 quid under full price? There was only one left - the Seviper one - and some nice little old lady with limited cash had it in her hand and an unknown grandchild that needed a present, didn't have the heart to talk her out of it :) Anyone seen this anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

awww man i was there last night a seen no mark downs :(, on the bright side this is most likely a sign of them getting in new sets :)

• Advertisement

I was in Maynooth last night, they didn't have it, but it may have come in today - Tesco are flushing out toys like it's nobody's business at the moment. A Kreo transformer for €3.50 here, a Sylvanian Family nursery for €2.95 there... BTW, Pokemon White (DS, obviously) is €15 but Black is €39.99 on the shelves in Ballybrack, no idea if that's of any interest to you.

You're probably right about new sets, the booster packs for €6.50 aren't even yellow-stickered as a reduction any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Thanks so much Banjo, I got a copy of White and an Emboar tin at those prices and I wouldn't even have known about them if not for you :)

elekid wrote: »
    Thanks so much Banjo, I got a copy of White and an Emboar tin at those prices and I wouldn't even have known about them if not for you :)
    Which tesco was that ? Just in ballybrack and they have none left :(, perhaps bloomfields in dun laoghaire might have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Tesco in clarehall apparently have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Mine were in Tesco in Kinnegad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

cloud493 wrote: »
    Tesco in clarehall apparently have them.

I bought a tin there last week! Along with a booster pack. Din't really get anything too good from the packs though :(

Did you pay the discounted price? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

TBH i'm not sure. I think the tin was something like €16 so probably... It was my first time buying a tin in years. The mini Emboar is what won me over :P

picked up what i thought were 2 pack blisters in tesco bloomfields today, only comes with one pack of dragons exalted, one dragons exalted promo pack with 3 cards and either petilil and lilligant or drilbur and excadrill for 6.99 each, if they were 2 packs it would have been a good deal but with just the one pack its not really worth it, however i still picked up 2 blisters without knowing, ended up with reverse altaria and slaking in one and reverse sigilyph and a full art terrakion in the other, great pulls but would have prefered an extra pack :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Going through my storage boxes today and I have found an unopened Team Rocket Devastation Deck,it seems to be 12 years old and has a Dark Weezing as the star card.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kzamll1992

this hasnt been posted in for over 6 months... so i said i'd ask: where is the best place to buy pokemon cards...?? value wise and quality wise!??

Was in smyths and plasma storm booster packs are 4.99!! is that the norm? i thought that was a bit crazy! they have the assembled decks for 12.99 each, but i don't know if they are any good.

I know nothing about the pokemon tcg world in truth! but i am looking to get in!!

thanks! :D

Gamersworld does the boosters for 4 quid, as does toymaster. Gamersworld and forbidden planet both sell the most recent tins as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kzamll1992

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Tesco usually have 3 pack boosters for 12.99 either, and argos does a theme deck, two boosters and two promo packs for around €16.

Boosters are only 4 quid a pop in gamersworld if you come to league :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

old thread but...my son collect the cards and is going to ask santa for some. I hear him talking about GX and I see gold steel cards that his friends have. is it just a matter of buying the boxes in smyths ( anyone want to suggest the best ones?) or do you get rare ones online or whats the best option? thanks a mill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Please don't bump old threads like this. However, to answer your question, you can get certain boxes in places like Smyths or Gamestop which have at least one guaranteed GX card, as well as a few booster packs. I can't say I'd know what would be the best ones to get (I don't follow the TCG in depth), but most of them should be fine really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You can buy specific individual cards from places like https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/ or https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/.
    It's worth noting that it is usually cheaper to get them delivered to something like Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard than to your Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackSFG

Hey guys, very old thread but just wanted to say that if anyone has any old pokemon cards, I might be interested in buying them, trying to build my collection
    Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Surely I'm not the only person that is buying cards right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know if any reputable trading spots for cards bought 3 of the 25th anniversary trainer boxes got 3 Venusaur so have 2 to trade

Advertisement