Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

gerire wrote: »
    As bad as last season was, i believe we were lucky to finish .500, this season thus far does not look great.

We have good QB in Sanchez, but he needs time, if the O-Line continues to resemble a turn-stile as it currently is neither Sanchez, tebow or the running backs will have time or space to create anything;

It will be interesting to see what Tanny and the front office do when the waivers come on stream next week;

In summary: Thank fcuk we have such a good D

Personally i don't see Sanchez as a franchise quarterback. He played well in offense that was built around running the ball and a dominant D. He was excellent in the redzone, but its the staring down receivers that kills me, he keeps doing it. He's not the quarterback you need when your down by 21 and he needs to pass 24 times in 2 quarters. Personally if he passes more than 20 times in a game I'm concerned.

I think are defense will improve this year and we'll win games from it, if are running game improves i see 9-7 ,10-6 . Remember we have an easy slate this year in the NFC West and AFC South.

If we have a poor season i really do hope that Rex isn't fired. He built up a team and got us into two AFC Championship games. Ye it sucks that were not playing to the same level but let him rebuild the team and get us back there..... I still think we'll have an above .500 record tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I cannot put any blame on the RBs when our right tackle is this bad...it's almost a joke having WH out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

at the end of this season we are going to have to face the revis situation head on, and it will be expensive
    also the following will be free agents come feb:
    Brandon Moore, Dustin Keller, Mike Devito, Shonn Green, Aaron Maybin and Slauson

Nothing like a guy fighting for a contract to step up and perform for a season, hopefully.

Austin Howard will start at RT against the Panthers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,023 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Austin Howard will start at RT against the Panthers.

We'll still have one of the worst starters in the league - he'll just have a different name.

Hunter should be cut either way imo. Just not up to it, might as well try people off waivers, etc for a fraction of the cost.

• Advertisement

Hunter traded to the Rams straight up for Jason Smith.

Former second pick overall, but likely to get beat like a drum most of the time. I guess it's an upgrade.

i believe its going to cost us 2mil in salary cap all for a guy who is going to play 'jumbo tight-end' - whatever the fcuk is
    Hunter did have to go for his own sanity, maybe a change of scenery will work out for both of the guys, hopefully like before when we got Maybin from the Bills, thats gone ok.... so far. lets hope management can bring out the best in Smith

VLfaR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Was at the game on Sunday night (my first Jets game at Metlife), great experience and the atmosphere was decent for a preseason but I feel it's going to be a long season.
    As of right now, our offense is atrocious.

Sanchez was getting awful abuse from the locals (unfairly for this game as I thought he played decent)
    Few people booing Tebow as well though.

Thought Kendrick Ellis and Landry were the best players out there, our defense really contained Cam Newton for the most part but we need to improve our 3rd down defense.

Some pics of the game anyways.

Also on a side note the flight home was nearly half full of Notre Dame fans and a few Navy ones too. Roll on Saturday!

i believe its going to cost us 2mil in salary cap all for a guy who is going to play 'jumbo tight-end' - whatever the fcuk is
    Hunter did have to go for his own sanity, maybe a change of scenery will work out for both of the guys, hopefully like before when we got Maybin from the Bills, thats gone ok.... so far. lets hope management can bring out the best in Smith

Edit: not going to cost us any extra cap space. They made up the 1.55 and jets will pay the same 2.45 that was going to go to Hunter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Hey looks like I migh be heading to Meadowlands in December for the Chargers game, there seems to be plenty tickets available on the Jets' site but does anyone know how late I could leave it before I need to buy them?

Thanks!

Hey looks like I migh be heading to Meadowlands in December for the Chargers game, there seems to be plenty tickets available on the Jets' site but does anyone know how late I could leave it before I need to buy them?

Thanks!
    I'd avoid stubhub hell later and buy them now Ross. Can always sell them on without too much hassle closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd avoid stubhub hell later and buy them now Ross. Can always sell them on without too much hassle closer to the time.

cheers Lloyd, sounds like a plan! Will Tebow be the starter by then? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Punter T.J Conley was was cut by the Jets today according to some of the beat writers

Signed Malone from the Chargers;

Also Aaitui who was shown on Hard Knocks last night being claimed has also been waived

We brought in Gates too from Dolphins; missed both of these moves last week

probably something to do with the beer, high school and Notre dame and Dublin games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Great to see the Jets put in a top performance last night, the offense was on top of the the game especially in the first half. good to see Sachez stay on his feet for the whole game, showed when he gets protection he can make some real good throws. Tebow who:)

tebowwho.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065738/article/darrelle-revis-suffered-torn-acl-for-jets-needs-surgery?module=HP11_breaking_news

No Revis - No hope?

He is done for the season and will have suregery. Jets D looked poor when he was out against the Steelers week 2. How do Jets fans think this affects the season?

HigginsJ wrote: »
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065738/article/darrelle-revis-suffered-torn-acl-for-jets-needs-surgery?module=HP11_breaking_news

No Revis - No hope?

He is done for the season and will have suregery. Jets D looked poor when he was out against the Steelers week 2. How do Jets fans think this affects the season?

The season is now over. We just lost our best player upon whom our defensive game plan is largely built around. We're goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Are defense was pretty good against the Steelers. The problem was the defense was on the field most of the second half because Sanchez kept going 3 and out. Eventually the D was out on its feet and gave up points plus Big Ben pulled some crazy plays out.

One thing is for sure, Sanchez was terrible. Yes some of the receivers dropped ball's but the 3rd and goal interception was shocking.

Rex Ryan is now going to be forced to send more blitzes with revis out. Are defense will still be good. However Revis out does screw us against the top off offenses.

8-8 ?

I think it will be a frustrating season ending with 6/7 wins, with fans torn over whether they wanted playoffs or a better draft pick throughout the year...not just based on the injury but what we've seen so far

• Advertisement

I was confident, before tonight, that the loss of Revis would not effect the team that badly; that we would unite and be stronger for the rest of a season. like in the GAA or Soccer when a player is sent off and the team rally.

But tonight was not a good exhibition of football by my JETS it was a shocking night. O Line was terrible, Hunter was made the scape-goat but tonight the o-line was shown up not to be able to provide gaps for runners or protection for passing.

Tebow Wildcat - All attempts this season have been the exact same and it has yet to work, Tebow has made a 1st down a couple of times but by passing. We also have Greg McElroy there; McElroy beat Tebow in a series final and was drafted by the Jets; McElroy mst feel bad by Tebow coming in atall but he is a QB. And a good one.

I have always been supportive of The Sanchize but tonight he looked out of plans or ideas when under pressure, Hunter has been replaced and still the same problems

Schotty has been replaced but still the same problems, Same Same, Cant make 1st downs, cant make big plays to rock the opposition, cant make decent yards. Yes SF have a great D - I took them early in fantasy- but tonight was depressing.

I aint walking out like a lot of fickle fans Ive seen on twitter, mainly the ones who came with Tebow, I've been on this Titanic since 96 and the chairs can only be moved so many times, I really hope we can get to 8-8 this year; I was out drinking with a friend last week and told him the Jets were a frustrating team and this season could go 12-4 or 4-12 and that was before the Revis injury. I really hope for 4-12 and a good draft. But if Rex is still there he will mainly pick D as usual

[/rant]

And what the fcuk was Rex thinking keeping Revis on the roster; free that spot up and bring in a cb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Looking forward to the calls for Tebow to be played

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I was confident, before tonight, that the loss of Revis would not effect the team that badly; that we would unite and be stronger for the rest of a season. like in the GAA or Soccer when a player is sent off and the team rally.

But tonight was not a good exhibition of football by my JETS it was a shocking night. O Line was terrible, Hunter was made the scape-goat but tonight the o-line was shown up not to be able to provide gaps for runners or protection for passing.

Tebow Wildcat - All attempts this season have been the exact same and it has yet to work, Tebow has made a 1st down a couple of times but by passing. We also have Greg McElroy there; McElroy beat Tebow in a series final and was drafted by the Jets; McElroy mst feel bad by Tebow coming in atall but he is a QB. And a good one.

I have always been supportive of The Sanchize but tonight he looked out of plans or ideas when under pressure, Hunter has been replaced and still the same problems

Schotty has been replaced but still the same problems, Same Same, Cant make 1st downs, cant make big plays to rock the opposition, cant make decent yards. Yes SF have a great D - I took them early in fantasy- but tonight was depressing.

I aint walking out like a lot of fickle fans Ive seen on twitter, mainly the ones who came with Tebow, I've been on this Titanic since 96 and the chairs can only be moved so many times, I really hope we can get to 8-8 this year; I was out drinking with a friend last week and told him the Jets were a frustrating team and this season could go 12-4 or 4-12 and that was before the Revis injury. I really hope for 4-12 and a good draft. But if Rex is still there he will mainly pick D as usual

[/rant]

And what the fcuk was Rex thinking keeping Revis on the roster; free that spot up and bring in a cb

Excellent post. Been a Jet since I was 4 when living in the States and, as you said yourself, there is nothing worse to hear than people walking away because they don't get what they want. I had the same conversation in work around the 12-4 and 4-12 and, as with you, I am now leaning towards the latter. Only in an effort to see some good changes next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

4-12 would leave us with between picks 4 - 7 depending on other teams records.

If that was our record, you could bet Sanchez would be gone Tennebaum and probably even Rex (depending on how he handles himself in the press and what not)

Tennebaum will have to go - he's basically left a team with a real lack of talent offensively. I wouldn't trust him with a pick that low based on what he's drafted the past few seasons.

The Jets are in a bad place right now, it began in the middle of 2011 and its going to come crashing down big time over the next few weeks.

You can name maybe 5 or 6 Jets that could hold their head up high so far in the season.

Kerley
    Big Mo
    Nick Folk
    Mangold
    Landry
    Bell
    Revis (Until the ACL)

What we have so far is a defense that can't stop the run and probably can't stop the pass now that Kyle Wilson is a starter.
    We can't consistently pressure the QB either, Harris aside our Linebackers are making very little plays the past few seasons

Offensively we stink.
    Shonn Greene is not a top of the depth chart back. Bilal Powell should see the majority of the snaps coming his way over the next few games (it began in San Fran)
    Keller has been injured, Holmes is injured, Stephen Hill is M.I.A..

It hasn't been all Sanchez's fault (a lot of stone hands from the WR and TE's in the past few games) but the protection has been ok.
    The problem is his horrendous accuracy and fumbling of the ball.
    I been watching his post game interviews for near on 3 years now and each time he keeps mentioning "leaving plays on the field" or "we have to do better" but quite frankly he hasn't progressed the levels the franchise expected of him.

He's on thin ice now for the next 2-3 weeks - this is his chance to stay s starter in the NFL. I don't agree with it but Tebow will be in if he Mark stinks it up against Heuston and Indianpolis.

Worst 2-2 team in the NFL?
    Probably.
    It's not doom and gloom either, its realism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

I was at this game sunday. Great day out and the Jets fans deserve more than this shambles. I have tried to stick up for Sanchez but he just has not performed consistently at this level. Tebow is a side show.

The Holmes injury summed up the day. BTW huge 49er support there.

As an aside Rex has lost a ****load of weight:D

There is some ridiculousness here lads. We are 30 - 21 in the regular season under Ryan, and 4 - 2 in the playoffs with two Conference Championship games in recent memory. This is a Franchise that has won 43 games since 2008. There are loads of teams and fans in the league who would love our recent past.

Yes, the team will now suck for the rest of the season. That's what happens when your best defensive player (who the defensive game plan is pinned around) goes down for the season. Resources in the NFL are limited. We don't have a top QB, so you have to pin your hopes elsewhere. The Defense makes the whole thing work, and it works itself because of its best player.

Talk of punting the coach and front office management means you are sacking them because Sanchez didn't work out. If you want to go down that route, fine. But I reckon they've done pretty damn good, and even a 4 - 12 season shouldn't deny them another shot at things.

Look, the deal here was always that Sanchez would become an average to good NFL QB and step up to take the slack off a declining overall roster which had carried him his first two years. He hasn't managed it unfortunately, and he can't complain about the situation or the opportunity. Resources are limited in the NFL for everyone, and people complaining about what we don't have are missing that imo. It's been a challenge getting under the cap the past few years - Mangold / Revis / Sanchez / Brick / Cro / Holmes all cost money. Unfortunately the worst value is coming from the most important position. That's life though, and despite him not working out things have been pretty damn good.

No need to panic. Can't playoff every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

I am not looking forward to this Monday night game against the Texans. Our run defence has gone AWOL and we have nothing to offer on offense. I fear another blowout !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Tebow time after Monday, and the course of events was so comically obvious since April you really have to wonder what the hell is going on in the Jets front office.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyhans

Is the Game on any tv tonight? Cant find it on sky, channnel 4 or espn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

tommyhans wrote: »
    Is the Game on any tv tonight? Cant find it on sky, channnel 4 or espn.
    BBC on the red button. Repeated on the red button during the week.

Advertisement