Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you ever "unthanked" a member?

• 09-09-2012 12:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

And why?.....i generally unthank people who replied with snark or didn't agree with my opinion, and once when eflirting was rejected, "i have a BF" me arse :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I'm removing mine tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I've only really done it if I thank by accident. Or if I read it again and find out I took them up wrong and don't actually agree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

I think youre class.

You and your ICQ.

Im so fookin drunk. But my spelling is good.

Right now, cannot even remembver what your post is. I swear. Laptops and drink dont mix. (but I know you were asking about samosas there a while ago!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I unthank people I hate when I suddenly remember I'm still feuding with them. Internally at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

You mean thank a post and then remove it?
    A few times, yes. Mostly when I would read the first few lines and thank them and then afterwards I'd think "no, not agreeing with the rest".
    I think I might have done it when someone might have posted a post I agree in fully with then later on in the topic they start acting like a jackass and I don't like how they are in the topic.

I never did it in the case of "oh it's that guy from another topic I argued with" or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

girl2 wrote: »
    I think youre class.

You and your ICQ.

Im so fookin drunk. But my spelling is good.

Right now, cannot even remembver what your post is. I swear. Laptops and drink dont mix. (but I know you were asking about samosas there a while ago!) :D

Since yer drunk...lets eflirt, thank each other....in the morning when you sober up you can unthank me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I only unthank non-members.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Since yer drunk...lets eflirt, thank each other....in the morning when you sober up you can unthank me ;)

deflirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't think I've ever removed my thanks from anybody. The post in question is what I'm acknowledging not any past or future issue(in the thread) I may have with the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I have a few posters who I never ever thank regardless of if I agree with them or not. But on occasion I've read a decent post by the pricks and thanked it before realizing it was them and promptly taking my thanks back.

A bit petty, but they are cnuts in loads of threads so I don't regret it :pac:

• Advertisement

No. Them mods (esp the ones on the high high horses - and I know about horses - they'll throw me out of here.....and I kinda enjoy the craic in here - I even quote some of the stuff from on here in my work.......and my work is full of these "professional" sorts [biggest load of nonsenses, like the high horses and all of that]./ So Im getting banned over no man ;)

but I'll thank you. And I wont even remove it when the drink is away!

(oh the spelling is failing now!) :rolleyes: [love the wee faces and pissed iphone doesnt have same, especially the raised eyebrow boy]

Plus, youre from Limerick. Drove through it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I get thrown out now and again also, but I just give thanks because i'm let back in

21/25

No. Them mods (esp the ones on the high high horses - and I know about horses - they'll throw me out of here.....and I kinda enjoy the craic in here - I even quote some of the stuff from on here in my work.......and my work is full of these "professional" sorts [biggest load of nonsenses, like the high horses and all of that]./ So Im getting banned over no man ;)

but I'll thank you. And I wont even remove it when the drink is away!

(oh the spelling is failing now!) :rolleyes: [love the wee faces and pissed iphone doesnt have same, especially the raised eyebrow boy]

Plus, youre from Limerick. Drove through it once.

^ you sound like Donna from Suits, and....Limerick isin't THAT bad!

I am totally like Donna from Suits. She's fabulous - she's seductive and - she rules.

Yep. Call me Donna.

I am totally like Donna from Suits. She's fabulous - she's seductive and - she rules.

Yep. Call me Donna.

Ye know it's completely OK to PM each other to chat each other up right? Ye wouldn't be the first to carry out a bit of harmless flirting over Boards PM system....there is a boards baby after all.

Ye know it's completely OK to PM each other to chat each other up right? Ye wouldn't be the first to carry out a bit of harmless flirting over Boards PM system....there is a boards baby after all.

Urban myth about Boardsies hooking up, sher we're all living in our moms basement.

Urban myth about Boardsies hooking up, sher we're all living in our moms basement.

You need to get your ass to a beers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I reckon the whole point of posting your picture in those "know your fellow ..." threads is to chance your arm and try to score a date with someone :pac:

Ever notice the way all the hot female boards.ie users get loads of thanks in them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

My member is never unthanked. . .
    Specially after satisfaction. So No. . .

I reckon the whole point of posting your picture in those "know your fellow ..." threads is to chance your arm and try to score a date with someone :pac:

Ever notice the way all the hot female boards.ie users get loads of thanks in them :pac:

Where are all the pics?????????

I would totally LOVE to see what you ones look like.

• Advertisement

Where are all the pics?????????

I would totally LOVE to see what you ones look like.

you've never been to "the gentlemens club" or "the ladies lounge" so :pac:

Whoa. The gentlemens club picture thread has 334 replies with 159k views.
    The Ladies Lounge Version has 2,959 posts and 1.5 million views :pac:!!!!

Talk about chancing your arm lads. lol.

you've never been to "the gentlemens club" or "the ladies lounge" so :pac:

Whoa. The gentlemens club picture thread has 334 replies with 159k views.
    The Ladies Lounge Version has 2,959 posts and 1.5 million views :pac:!!!!

Talk about chancing your arm lads. lol.

Have I got a picture in there? A,m way too past it to check? Will you check for me?

You would be very good if you check. Yes.

Have I got a picture in there? A,m way too past it to check? Will you check for me?

You would be very good if you check. Yes.

Sadly you don't.
    Now how in the bloody hell am I meant to chance my arm now?! :mad:

... :pac:

Sadly you don't.

right. how do i get a pic in there?

you may tell me.

Sadly you don't.

well actually. i just put one in. but i dont think it worked tooo well.

but i tried. and i thionk its working.

right. how do i get a pic in there?

you may tell me.

Post away woman. Post so all us peverts can have our way with you in our dirty little minds! :pac:

To be serious tho, been flicking through the ladies lounge thread the last few minutes. Every few posts the same user posts a different picture of themselves :confused: why? :confused: Its almost like they like the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes. But only so I can thank them again ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

i thank then unthank them, then thank them again then unthank them, keep this going for a couple of hours, kinda keep them hanging like,

will he, wont he, I just wish heed make his fooking mind up already, then I just unthank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

People hold grudges against other posters? I don't even recognise anyone unless I'm agreeing with them a lot. Or if they were Cill Dara Abu.

• Advertisement

People hold grudges against other posters? I don't even recognise anyone unless I'm agreeing with them a lot. Or if they were Cill Dara Abu.

To be fair, I'm here a long time, and I read a LOT. Some posters post the same sh1t and vitriol over and over. You can usually tell just by the language they use.

Advertisement