Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Extreme Dog Grooming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Moved to own thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I still like these guys the best

tiger-dog.jpg

20-Bizarre-Dog-Haircuts-6-480x309.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Only in america..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

This is pretty sad to see tbh. I'm sure the dogs are taken care of, but they're not someones toy to dress up.

Pretty sick

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

I think they're pretty cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just when you thought the human stupidity barometer had maxed out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

the people who own those dogs are sick in the head and shouldnt even be allowed to own dogs, disgraceful:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Those dogs must have done some awful things in their past lives!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Rich11 wrote: »
    the people who own those dogs are sick in the head and shouldnt even be allowed to own dogs, disgraceful:mad:

What ?

Ok the dogs look reeeeeeediculous but do you think they care about that ? Where's the harm ? You do understand that this is dye and clipping don't you ? They're not being selectively inbred to produce parrots on their backsides.

Lighten up.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    This is pretty sad to see tbh. I'm sure the dogs are taken care of, but they're not someones toy to dress up.

Pretty sick

100% wrong.

My dog, my rules.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Dr.Poca wrote: »

Pretty sick

I agree that it's pretty sad, not in the teary sense, but I don't see how it's sick?

As long as the dogs are unharmed, I don't really see the issue. And this is coming from the the owner of 2 dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Reloc8 wrote: »
    What ?

Ok the dogs look reeeeeeediculous but do you think they care about that ? Where's the harm ? You do understand that this is dye and clipping don't you ? They're not being selectively inbred to produce parrots on their backsides.

Lighten up.

Are people in the world this bored? Poor dogs, dogs are meant to be hunters and family companions, not canvases for people to play with, this is just revolting and cruel, how can people stand to look at this, how about we cut your hair and make you look like this, bet you wouldn't be happy either. Giving a dog a bow tie, or a handkerchief around their neck, that's fine, its small, but noticeable, dying a dogs fur? Dogs fur is meant to keep them warm and safe.

...this is just revolting and cruel, how can people stand to look at this, how about we cut your hair and make you look like this, bet you wouldn't be happy either.

Are you seriously saying you think these dogs are unhappy because of how they look ?
    Giving a dog a bow tie..that's fine,

I don't tend to put mine in evening dress but whatever melts your butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This looks like it was pepper sprayed :(
    article-2184796-146BE243000005DC-30_964x761.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

the dogs look miserable in most of the pictures :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

smash wrote: »

20-Bizarre-Dog-Haircuts-6-480x309.jpg

The Dog-Reptar, Tommy & the twins would be delighted

EDIT: That link is amazing. I am sure those dogs are looked after so well, but I am finding it really hard to identify what kind of dog they were originally... What kind of dog was the bear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    What kind of dog was the bear

Panda?

Bichon frise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I've done dog grooming myself and it can be long and tedious for the groomer let alone the dog and thats just for basic grooming clips so I can only imagine the dogs had to stand there for hours on end. I can appreciate the the creativity that goes into these designs but tbh I feel uncomfortable looking at those pictures its not natural :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

In conclusion, the owners of these dogs are grade A as$holes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

lil'bug wrote: »
    the dogs look miserable in most of the pictures :(

In what way do they look miserable?

I don't see how this offends people so much. I wouldnt do it myself, cos it looks ridiculous, but I don't think its an animal welfare issue.

All those dogs are most likely very well looked after, I'd imagine a few of them quite enjoy the grooming and attention (I know my dog would adore it).

The only animal welfare issue that I'd be concerned about is how safe those dyes are. If there's no dangerous chemicals, then I don't see the problem.

There's far worse things being done to animals than some dogs being made to look silly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement