Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tweet To Launch Helium Balloon With Curry & Booze Into Space

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Thought this was a cool little idea!

This is a balloon with larger and curry in it. Send a tweet using hashtag #vindalunar, it'll display your Twitter handle on screen, inflate the balloon with helium and count towards the percentage. When it reaches 100%, it'll launch the balloon into space and reveal the airdate of the new series of Red Dwarf.

http://uktv.co.uk/dave/homepage/sid/9281

Currently at 86.29%..

Screen_Shot_2012_08_28_at_204229.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

What the fook is the point in that?
    That's the most stupid idea I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's the most stupid idea you've ever heard? :confused:

It's a nice bit of marketing and it'll get a lot of exposure on social media networks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Basq wrote: »
    That's the most stupid idea you've ever heard? :confused:

23857135.jpg

Okay - maybe not THE most stupid idea!
    But close enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

What the fook is the point in that?

Well I'm going to watch it fill so I can see the release date. It's grabbed my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Not looking forward to the new series at all, with the abomination of a special they released a couple of years ago. Good idea for a marketing stunt, but I pity the sucker standing under the can of lager when it lands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here is my contribution:

2qm1zs3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

spamming is fun

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Liftoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

So when's the new series on?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So when's the new series on?
    October 4th..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Not really looking forward to the new series - the special was awful and so were the last two series before that (only to a slightly lesser extent).

This launch, though, has kind of swayed me to be a bit less hard on the series. It was a pretty cool idea if it was real - captures the mixture of naff-ness and nerdery so prevalent in early Dwarf. Never bothered to watch any of the footage from other helium baloons, so maybe I'm in awe of just seeing something new - but it's a marketing gimmick that's worked on me!

Guess it also settles the debate on what I'm spending next month's wages on.

Advertisement