Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryder Cup 2012

• 28-08-2012 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

USA to win is 8/11

I'll be lumping onto this bet, superb value I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    USA to win is 8/11

Hard to argue with that logic but go on, what's pushing you in that direction?

Home advantage
    Players form
    Stats
    A feeling

Will wait till closer to the time before I decide but if Olzabal really left Harry for a personal grudge I'll be cheering on the yanks like I did when Faldo captained Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Agree with OP I think the US are a great bet here, home advantage, Medinah will be set up to suit, it will be long with little or no rough and wide fairways, which will play into Tiger, Michelson and Bubba's hands.

Davis Love would also strike me as a much better potential captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Hard to argue with that logic but go on, what's pushing you in that direction?

Home advantage
    Players form
    Stats
    A feeling

Will wait till closer to the time before I decide but if Olzabal really left Harry for a personal grudge I'll be cheering on the yanks like I did when Faldo captained Europe

I think it would be even greater value for a bet on the US if Harry was picked. He shouldn't be in the team, end of. Listening to some of the people on the golf forum saying he should of been picked clearly indicates the lack of knowledge in this space.

The form of the US players at the moment compared to Europe is far far greater. As you said, home advantage and course setup also will play a huge role.

8/11 is a no brainer IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    USA to win is 8/11

Think it will be close and reckon at some stage USA's price will be closer to evens or more untill the singles when they'll blow us away,imo the rowdy crowd will be the difference in the end.
    I think they will win but I want to enjoy it and I don't think backing the yanks is buying money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

1.9 on Betfair

Even with 5% commission it's way better than 8/11

• Advertisement
Advertisement