Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Holy crap... just reading this now. I'm just glad I didn't sign up for season plus now, if we're not going to get any play off games live. Absolute nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So tempted to get this tonight. So so tempted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

vipbox has all the games from tonight pre season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Does gamepass have pre-season? May buy tonight if so

Edit: Yes, i'm now €130 poorer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

wats up with the playoffs if i buy it will there be an additional charge for the playoffs or will i just not be able to see them live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    nerd69 wrote: »
    wats up with the playoffs if i buy it will there be an additional charge for the playoffs or will i just not be able to see them live

Yeah I think the playoffs becomes a separate subscription coming up to season end. If your team doesn't make it I don't bother with it and make do with streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Gamepass virgin after just signing up.

The live games and the back catalog of games are very impressive, but I'm disappointed with the condensed games, the editing is atrocious in some of the games I have watched!

But for just over a tenner a month, can't complain too much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, you won't get the play offs at all. They will not be available. They'll all be on Sky so they would all be blacked out on Gamespass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads, you won't get the play offs at all. They will not be available. They'll all be on Sky so they would all be blacked out on Gamespass.
    Thats made my decision for me so :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

bugger it anyway. getting itchy feet with this now too. Wasnt going to go for it but in 2 minds over it all now. I'll be getting something, whether it sky/espn or game pass and streams for the games that are on sky. And usually when a game is on sky, the stream quality is pretty good and easy to find. no redzone though, I like that for non Patriot games and keeping up with fantasy scores. No playoffs either, so will definitely have to get sky for January anyway. but sky often show crap games. I dont know. Might get sky, use streams for Patriots games not on it then. I'll make some rash decision I'm sure on the openign night of the season, couldnt care less about pre season games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

infacteh wrote: »
    Gamepass virgin after just signing up.

The live games and the back catalog of games are very impressive, but I'm disappointed with the condensed games, the editing is atrocious in some of the games I have watched!

But for just over a tenner a month, can't complain too much...

preseason is really a testing period for gamepass, especially stuff like bandwidth on live games. but ye tried watching a condensed game over the weekend and the second half was completely off, catching the end of each play if lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

I've signed up for Regular Season Game Pass. My brother has Sky Sports so I'll go to his if the Pats are on live. I'll subsribe to Sky for the month of January should the Pats get there. The blackout sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭boccy23

I presume Red Zone will be available on Coolstreams or the like?

I hate this restriction imposed by NFL on Gamepass. I have subscribed all previous years, but have no intention of doing so now. Would also not give Sky any money so will rely on streams for my fix. Works perfect every evening for ATH, PTI, Sportscenter etc.
    Used steams to watch Countdown last year as the NFL Gameday Morning bored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Any good sites for streams paid/nonpaying? I know of mysteams.me does anyone use thsi and find it worth the fee? I'm moving to Canada so need something I can watch on my laptop. Will be cancelling SKY this month.

i use flashsportstreams.tv, paid but very good - havent used it for NFL really but it's been great for everything I've wanted.

£40 is pricey.

Is it worth it? Based on quality / availability / etc. For example, next Saturday, will they have all EPL games at 3PM?

boccy23 wrote: »
    £40 is pricey.

Is it worth it? Based on quality / availability / etc. For example, next Saturday, will they have all EPL games at 3PM?

every EPL game, with most in HD, are generally available. along with any major sporting event and live streaming of most sport channels!

every EPL game, with most in HD, are generally available. along with any major sporting event and live streaming of most sport channels!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    i use flashsportstreams.tv, paid but very good - havent used it for NFL really but it's been great for everything I've wanted.

It's quite good mate, I used it all last season. Basically it's whatever on the Sky Sports 24/7 channels, but sometimes they'll have another game up if ESPN America are showing one. That rarely happens though.

I'm sure if a few of us contacted live support on Flash Sports Streams and asked about NFL they'd make it more of a priority and put Sky Sports on the VIP channels such as 73 or 52 (the best ones IMO) for Sunday evenings after the soccer?

Worth a go I suppose but even if they don't it's more than watchable on the 24/7 channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Jets facebook account just put out a promo code of JETS33 for a 33percent discount of anyone's still thinking of signing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

That is a code for preseason live, not for gamepass.
    Preseason live is only available to those in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Thats for that, I've signed up today it looks like it has an excellent selection and no more searching for 45 mins for the games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Renewed. Got the all team one for 129.Very happy already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'm going to do a Maurice Jones Drew the 10th September and then I know I'm going to crack about two hours before the Raiders game. feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

I'm going to do a Maurice Jones Drew the 10th September and then I know I'm going to crack about two hours before the Raiders game. feck.

ill be joining you!

if anyone has any promo codes before then, be sure to post!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

+1. not sure what I am doing, but I'm still holding out on Sky sports at the moment too.

You just know most of the people who say they won't get it will be there on Wednesday the 5th for the opening game and think ''ah **** this'' and buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What's this about, blocking games that are on Sky or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

i watched a preseason game on a friends account the oter day and i must say, the quality is exceptional

plus he got all the extra channells etc

well worth the money and ill be signing up!

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What's this about, blocking games that are on Sky or what?

Yep. Sky show 2 games every Sunday and these aren't available to watch live on Gamepass until 6 days later. You won't get playoffs or the Super Bowl on Gamepass until 6 days later either.

Everything else is fine though.

Advertisement