Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chargers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I think we go with 4 safetys and pick up a fifth corner when cuts begin.
    So Corey gets cut and pick up a veteran would be my best guess.

Just looking at our division, I think we are going to win out.
    All the other 3 teams had a poor draft.
    Kansas I think are hoping too many come back from injury to 100% Poe is struggling, was delighted they picked him up.
    We have also improved our run defence even if Charles is back to his best.

Denver. Manning just needs more weapons, run game wont be great either.
    Will be there abouts but I think we are stronger.

Oakland. If that roster beats us our this year we might as well forget about it and start from scratch.

We defo need an extra experienced corner, we've always gone with an extra one eg. hughes, the ex Jet who went back to the Jets whose name escapes me now, began with an S (Liamo will remember).

Love your optimism. I'm not buying Manning being back 100% so Denver don't concern me as much as KC. If Cassell is adequate they are the team to beat. Great running game and pass D.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Leslie91 wrote: »
    We defo need an extra experienced corner, we've always gone with an extra one eg. hughes, the ex Jet who went back to the Jets whose name escapes me now, began with an S (Liamo will remember).

Love your optimism. I'm not buying Manning being back 100% so Denver don't concern me as much as KC. If Cassell is adequate they are the team to beat. Great running game and pass D.

Don Strickland I believe is the name you are looking for

ac20 wrote: »
    Don Strickland I believe is the name you are looking for

The one and only.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

Im hugely confident this year. Broncos fortunes changed because of their pass rush ability from Von Miller to help out Dumervil

We have helped our run D which will really help us beat the Cheifs and Oakland.

If we are healthy or near healthy we will win this division handy enough :)
    So excited this year.

If your D can handle our divisions offences I would be extremely disappointed.

Real problem with us is the corners against Manning. I thought we could of maybe made a trade but that aint an option now.
    Someone like Donald Strickland may help the current group.

2 games in and 2 offensive weapons injured.... Jeeeez wept.

V Jr was on his way to becoming a great WR for us. Hope he can recover 100%. Watched the game yesterday. Harris is a much better run blocker than pass protector. I can see him taking Clary's spot some day but he is not a left tackle yet in my opinion. We need Gaither and Eddie Royal back bigtime now.

Shareece Wright put up some great numbers and does look like a decent player. Is he good enough to start over Jammer or Cason I dunno. We need Gilchrist back in action asap too.

All in all I am not as confident as I might have been after the GB game.

• Advertisement

One thing that is clear as night and day already is how poor Manusky was on defence.

Really disappointed for Vincent, hopefully this will be an end to the longish term injuries.

One thing that is clear as night and day already is how poor Manusky was on defence.

Really disappointed for Vincent, hopefully this will be an end to the longish term injuries.

You know what's mad.. all I've been hearing from defensive players who were here last yr is how coach Pags has totally simplified the defense. Manusky over complicated the thing. As soon as I saw the guy interviewed that first time I thought he was a spoofer. I guess he over complicated it to make people think it was really good i.e. glossing over a crappy scheme. How the guy got himself another job I will never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Hey lads been on the go since last thurs so haven't been able to see the game, anyone have a link for it?

Been reading reports, disaster about VB going down, hopefully we can get him back for half the season but we thought the same about Castillo last year and it just didn't heal so hopefully VB will be luckier

Looked at the stats and i have to say i'm very worried about the rushing attack, leave out the QB carries and we had 55yds on 22 attempts. Also 1st team outscored 13-0.

My positive attitude for this season is starting to wain a little, really just want the regular season to start and at least injuries will happen in games that matter

OAOB wrote: »
    Hey lads been on the go since last thurs so haven't been able to see the game, anyone have a link for it?

Been reading reports, disaster about VB going down, hopefully we can get him back for half the season but we thought the same about Castillo last year and it just didn't heal so hopefully VB will be luckier

Looked at the stats and i have to say i'm very worried about the rushing attack, leave out the QB carries and we had 55yds on 22 attempts. Also 1st team outscored 13-0.

My positive attitude for this season is starting to wain a little, really just want the regular season to start and at least injuries will happen in games that matter

Is there a way to see games that are over via a link other than gamepass? do people upload full games?

Anyhows yeah running game is a worry but to be honest I don't put a whole lot of stock in the O preseason, the D yes. Look at Charlie for example, he looked like Tom Brady out there!

The Gaither thing is really starting to drag. Hope to F he isn't taking the mick now that he got paid. Without an experienced LT we are done for.

On the bright side, Ingram looks like the real deal, not since Merriman (who was basically retired yesterday) have I been as excited about our draft pick.

I think Gaithar is being lazy. He wasnt even watching team practices.
    Think he was watching today.

Full on fight today with the cowboys. Ingram but Szczerba on his back :D
    Then Jammer laid out one of their receivers

• Advertisement

I think Gaithar is being lazy. He wasnt even watching team practices.
    Think he was watching today.

Full on fight today with the cowboys. Ingram but Szczerba on his back :D
    Then Jammer laid out one of their receivers

Big kerfuffle in SD yesterday after Acee interview with Darren Smith. Darren tweeted that Acee had called out Gaither as a bum when he hadn't said precisely that. If you listen to the interview hear how animated Acee gets were Gaither to miss the San Fran game.

I look forward to seeing Jammer and Ingram lay the wood when it matters. I don't doubt Ingram and while Jammer is a tough dude, he has slowed bigtime and his hands are stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Gaither practicing. Well rehabing. Good job acee

Ouch Nick out with concussion. Excuse the pun but he will no doubt be thinking whether or not coming back was the right decision. I can see the guy retiring after this, hope not but he got so freaked out by what happened to Dielman u never know.

Ouch Nick out with concussion. Excuse the pun but he will no doubt be thinking whether or not coming back was the right decision. I can see the guy retiring after this, hope not but he got so freaked out by what happened to Dielman u never know.

Yeah he's still playing great but i doubt his heart is fully in it when he saw Dielman go down. Still think he's one of the leagues best.

On the bright side this is a great chance for Baxter and Molk

PFT had him in the top 3 pass protecting centers last year. Might have been top can't remember. It's his run blocking that lets him down a bit. Hopefully he bounces back from the concussion and gives one more season at least. Bleacher report agrees http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1052850-br-nfl-1000-top-32-centers/page/23

OAOB wrote: »
    Yeah he's still playing great but i doubt his heart is fully in it when he saw Dielman go down. Still think he's one of the leagues best.

On the bright side this is a great chance for Baxter and Molk

And Hadnot, who has looked good to me. I reckon Molk > Baxter right now.

Heads up lads....... looks like the links to the UT articles in Twitter get you to the articles without the subscription check. At least on my phone I've been able to click on the link in the tweet and see all the articles.

And Hadnot, who has looked good to me. I reckon Molk > Baxter right now.

I always like having a reserve guard who can play centre, means you don't have to have a second centre active on game days.

Royal back practicing, a good sign.

• Advertisement

Molly wrote: »
    Royal back practicing, a good sign.

I just hope this cotton wool they wrapped him up in pays off ie. don't want to see him go down with a recurrence of same injury. My confidence in the Chargers medical staff is at an all time low.

Rivers not playing tonight.

Hope Allen is playing be good to see how the O-Line do against him.

Thank God Rivers isn't playing, O-Line is a complete patchwork tonight, no point putting the season at risk for the sake of a drive.

Rivers not playing tonight.

Hope Allen is playing be good to see how the O-Line do against him.

Yeah some test for Harris. Wait til u see, Charlie will get killed and it'll be welcome back Billy Volek, let bygones be bygones, here's 2 mill to come back.

Players not playing tonight, Royal, Rivers, Mathews, Stuckey, Wright, Brinkley, Gilchrist, Williams, Hardwick, Dombrowski, Troutman, T. Green, Garay, Gaither, Gates, V. Brown, Rosario and G. Brown.

Add to the list above Jammer, Weddle and Ingram.

Ingram looks a serious injury. This really needs to be sorted out, at this stage it cant be a coincidence.

Ingram is fine, expected to sit vs 49ers and back for Oakland. Could this be the year for Larry English?!?
    Melvin Ingram ‏@MelvinIngram
    Thanking god my injury wasn’t to serious with the help of my trainers and Prayer I will be back ASAP!!! Minor set back for a major cone back

I turned the game off when I seen Melvin down.

Larry is a really good player, always had time for him. Would be amazing if he could put injuries behind him especially with Shaun in his contract year.

Felt really sorry for Harris. I would say he wanted to tear Allens head off.

Was really impressed with the pressure from everyone on front 7. .

I turned the game off when I seen Melvin down.

Larry is a really good player, always had time for him. Would be amazing if he could put injuries behind him especially with Shaun in his contract year.

Felt really sorry for Harris. I would say he wanted to tear Allens head off.

Was really impressed with the pressure from everyone on front 7. .

I think Larry can be a really productive OLB but i just don't think he'll ever be able to stay healthy. Really hope i'm wrong about this

Harris had a terrible time but he was up against the best in the league so it won't do his development any harm. Was unlucky on the sack where Charlie tripped, was in a good position to keep Allen away but the QB wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Sit Melvin for the next game and let him loose on the Raiders sounds like an ok plan to me.

• Advertisement

First cut day guys... we're at 88 need to get to 75. Who are your unlucky 13!?.

I say;

Cattouse
    Bryant
    Payne
    Barnes, Jason
    Brown, Eddie
    Embree
    Guess
    Harrell
    Hayes
    Hobbs
    Malone