Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

tommy2bad wrote: »
    That would have been so cool, no way to trim enough or add a card inner sleeve?

Nope written off, €25 down the drain, the way its designed means that it completely wraps around the Pcc, each panel is wider and higher than it should be so no hope of saving it Without looking like crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Elbow wrote: »
    Nope written off, €25 down the drain, the way its designed means that it completely wraps around the Pcc, each panel is wider and higher than it should be so no hope of saving it Without looking like crap

I feel your pain, did something similar with the control panel for my mame machine, wasn't adhesive or vinyl so only another fiver but still had to wait for a week to get it redone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

my mame machine

I think I just sprung a leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/how_build_kickass_mame_arcade_cabinet_old_pc
    It was that or a Honda Gold Wing, I like woodwork and hadn't much money for my midlife crisis.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/how_build_kickass_mame_arcade_cabinet_old_pc
    It was that or a Honda Gold Wing, I like woodwork and hadn't much money for my midlife crisis.

Screw the mid-life crisis, the fact that you did it is great.
    My GF thinks I'm a sad nerd for doing the whole ecig-thing ("Seems to take a lot of time/resources...Is it worth it?" (once she saw me rebuilding the RDA, she winced), despite me spending far more time twiddling away at pretending to make music for many, many, many more hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hi all,

I'm using green smoke atm, I'm new to this vaping business, but it has helped me quit smoking which is awesome.

In the local pharmacy they sell refills for the device, 11e for 5 cartomizers. I'm just wondering is there a better place to buy stuff online? I seen bottles of liquid online and people refilling cartomizers but I have no clue.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,743 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm using green smoke atm, I'm new to this vaping business, but it has helped me quit smoking which is awesome.

In the local pharmacy they sell refills for the device, 11e for 5 cartomizers. I'm just wondering is there a better place to buy stuff online? I seen bottles of liquid online and people refilling cartomizers but I have no clue.

Thanks!
    Here, try this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339286
    You feel like you're in at the deep end, but there's only two things to know, really
    1. Nearly all of it is based on the 510 thread
    2. Your batteries from your starter kit are usually too small, especially if they're cig-alikes, so go look for Ego batts and a get a bigger atomiser.
    3. It's amazingly cheap once you get by the kit-buying hump of the first weeks (when you want to buy this, that, and the other). Once you're set up , you can be vaping for as little as a fiver a week (mixing your own) or more likely a tenner (with bought-in liquids)
    Ok, that's three, not two, but just be grateful there's no Inquisition :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks!
    If you become a member of greensmoke.co.uk you can get them for €8.22 a pack if you order a minimum of 8 packs. Works out at €8.98 per pack including postage, cheaper if you buy more.

But you have to use this page http://www.greensmoke.co.uk/catalog/green-smoke/long-lasting-cartomisers/prod_59.html
    and click on the Click here for QT discounts which is just to the right of the "add to cart button.
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

kiffy wrote: »
    If you become a member of greensmoke.co.uk you can get them for €8.22 a pack if you order a minimum of 8 packs. Works out at €8.98 per pack including postage, cheaper if you buy more.

But you have to use this page http://www.greensmoke.co.uk/catalog/green-smoke/long-lasting-cartomisers/prod_59.html
    and click on the Click here for QT discounts which is just to the right of the "add to cart button.
    Hope that helps

You'll end spending as much on these things as real fags.
    Another thing worth mentioning is that compared to "real" ecigs those "Greensmoke" things aren't the Mae West.

An Ego C or an Imist totally crucify GS in the Performance dept and refilling doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

You can also quit smoking in the safe knowledge you're not getting stiffed for cash.

mrplop wrote: »
    You'll end spending as much on these things as real fags.
    Another thing worth mentioning is that compared to "real" ecigs those "Greensmoke" things aren't the Mae West.

An Ego C or an Imist totally crucify GS in the Performance dept and refilling doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

You can also quit smoking in the safe knowledge you're not getting stiffed for cash.

No don't work for green smoke, just simple maths worked out when I ordered them.

Money was not the reason I quit tobacco watching my dad die of lung cancer did it for me, and not wanting my 4 kids to see what I saw.

Granted and ego or imist will give you more TH and vapour, but how much is enough?, I found that once the habit of smoking was long gone I didn't need to produce the amount of vapour that resembled mount Etna erupting or feel like getting punched in the throat from a Mike Tyson upper cut, plus I don't want the hassle of liquid, tanks, wicks, wire, cleaning gear, dripping, syringes etc. I just want a cartridge to change once a day (maybe a 2nd on a night out) that works out to €1.8 a day from smokegreen.ie (their cart flavour lasts longer than GS but batteries not as good) and sometimes €2.7 a day. Still a massive saving on €9.2 for silk cut blue 100's. And the TH and vapour they produce is more than enough for me.

I still consider myself a dedicated vaper even though I'm using a device most/majority of people only use as a stepping stone to mods, but it does it for me, and the PCC I bought from Jacvapour now allows me to charge 2 batteries at a time and still vape with a 3rd and hold at least 6 carts so will never run out of either and don't have to carry a bag with chargers and liquid around with me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

as pbusardo says, whatever helps keep you off the real deal is the best device out there

even if the rest of us think you're nuts :)

I can see the appeal of a simpler device though. if you dont want to be fiddling with bottles of juice or external batteries and don't mind paying a little more than most for the simplicity of just screwing in a charger... go for it

even if the rest of us think you're nuts :)

Nice one Digby :D:D
    It also helps me as I'm a bit of a lazy Bsatard at the best of times and my set up of smokegreen batteries and carts suits my laziness to a T ;)

I now have a lavatube with 3 batteries and charger, 3 twist batteries with 2 chargers and a swimming pool of liquid 2 viva nova's unopened all gathering dust :(

I now have a lavatube with 3 batteries and charger, 3 twist batteries with 2 chargers and a swimming pool of liquid 2 viva nova's unopened all gathering dust :(
    Horse 'em onto the 'For Sale..." thread, they'll be shnapped up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Should we maybe start up a pay it forward thread?

If some of us have an item that we can't really put a value on, put it on the pay it forward thread, and help out people who maybe can't afford bigger and better things? or people who just want to unload some of their stuff they don't use anymore.

one mans trash is another mans treasure?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

No don't work for green smoke, just simple maths worked out when I ordered them.

Money was not the reason I quit tobacco watching my dad die of lung cancer did it for me, and not wanting my 4 kids to see what I saw.

Granted and ego or imist will give you more TH and vapour, but how much is enough?, I found that once the habit of smoking was long gone I didn't need to produce the amount of vapour that resembled mount Etna erupting or feel like getting punched in the throat from a Mike Tyson upper cut, plus I don't want the hassle of liquid, tanks, wicks, wire, cleaning gear, dripping, syringes etc. I just want a cartridge to change once a day (maybe a 2nd on a night out) that works out to €1.8 a day from smokegreen.ie (their cart flavour lasts longer than GS but batteries not as good) and sometimes €2.7 a day. Still a massive saving on €9.2 for silk cut blue 100's. And the TH and vapour they produce is more than enough for me.

I still consider myself a dedicated vaper even though I'm using a device most/majority of people only use as a stepping stone to mods, but it does it for me, and the PCC I bought from Jacvapour now allows me to charge 2 batteries at a time and still vape with a 3rd and hold at least 6 carts so will never run out of either and don't have to carry a bag with chargers and liquid around with me.

I know what you're saying, for many years all I used for my nicotine hit was a packet of fags and a lighter. Vaping gives the same result but it's also become a hobby. I enjoy building atomisers, mixing juices, trying out new ideas I read about in forums and reading reviews of new devices. Last night I got a great kick out of using a make-up pad in a Vivi Nova tank as per Green Hornet's post which worked out great. There's a bit of snobbery out there with some of the big mod guys...a bit like the big prick syndrome with cars...but whatever works for you and it helps you stay off the fags then it's right for you.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I know what you're saying, for many years all I used for my nicotine hit was a packet of fags and a lighter. Vaping gives the same result but it's also become a hobby. I enjoy building atomisers, mixing juices, trying out new ideas I read about in forums and reading reviews of new devices. Last night I got a great kick out of using a make-up pad in a Vivi Nova tank as per Green Hornet's post which worked out great. There's a bit of snobbery out there with some of the big mod guys...a bit like the big prick syndrome with cars...but whatever works for you and it helps you stay off the fags then it's right for you.

I can understand that my old man was the same, he'd tinker and potter about for hours with this and that, unfortunately I never shared his hobby for building things rather than the easy option like myself. I'm the fags and lighter type vaper. It's just great now having all the vape stuff I need in a PCC 127mm by 69mm by 22mm and can go away for a weekend without needing a small suitcase to carry all my vape gear. There is the odd time I miss a big hit usually when the battery is almost run down, but now all I do is charge it when that happens and start using a newly charged one "simples".

Any recommendations for unprotected 14500 batterys? and cheapest place to pick them up?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Dealextreme has them at good prices and free shipping if you're willing to wait 2-3 weeks: http://s.dealextreme.com/search/14500.html?category=400.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Dealextreme has them at good prices and free shipping if you're willing to wait 2-3 weeks: http://s.dealextreme.com/search/14500.html?category=400.

Price is right but i cant leave my new toy sitting idle for 3 weeks :o

stevenmu wrote: »
    Hmmm. I've avoided my house burning down by not buying lithium batteries from DX - or cheap chargers, either.

• Advertisement

Ordered 2 x AW IMR14500's from cloud 9 instead, expensive shipping but I'll have them this week and I know the battery's are good quality.

Got a trustfire charger aswell

Elbow wrote: »
    Price is right but i cant leave my new toy sitting idle for 3 weeks :o
    That's always the trade-off with DX, they have great prices but you have to be willing to wait.
    Dan Jaman wrote:
    Hmmm. I've avoided my house burning down by not buying lithium batteries from DX - or cheap chargers, either.
    I see your point, and I know a lot of their stuff is just pure crap. Their batteries seem to be decent though, or at least some of them anyway. I got two genuine protected panasonic 18650s there that seem fine, and I've seen DX recommended on a few other sites, though some of their unknown brand batteries may be a bit more iffy.

Some of DX's suppliers are as iffy as hell - I got some e-juice from them when I was starting out and it had me in spots. I don't know what that supplier was making it from , but it sure wasn't food grade PG and likely made in a bathtub.
    Going by the reports of Trustfire and Ultrafire batteries on candlepower forums, it's a total crapshoot whether you get exploding batteries or not. On balance, imo, it's worthwhile paying a bit extra to get batteries that are sourced from a genuine supplier and not something very dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Ok so i got my old lavatube replaced and now the new one is flashing LO on the screen when i try to vape and when i put a fresh charged battery in it only shows 1bar of charge on the screen :confused:
    Dose this with every atty i try along with showing 0.0 ohm's when i cheak any atty

What am i doing wrong here ?

Is the atty screwed on too tight? Try checking the ohmage while slowly twisting it on.
    If it's anything like mine, there's a narrow window of firing opportunity.

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Ok so i got my old lavatube replaced and now the new one is flashing LO on the screen when i try to vape and when i put a fresh charged battery in it only shows 1bar of charge on the screen :confused:
    Dose this with every atty i try along with showing 0.0 ohm's when i cheak any atty

What am i doing wrong here ?
    If it's doing it with every atty it's probably an internal short in the lavatube itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

ESI still not open.. If I run out of Vampires Kiss I'll stomp my feet

yeah it does seem to be taking a long time for the new host to get up and running

cant really afford to buy anything atm but Im still dying for a look :)

Update - we are still waiting to be moved over to our new host, hopefully this will be complete by the middle of the week. If anyone needs something urgently contact us at info@e-smokeireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Sound enough to deal with that way too! Thats how I got my provari! :-)

Advertisement