Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    you missed the *

*Additional blackout restrictions apply in the UK and Republic of Ireland, and Canada.

They've literally just put that up. It wasn't there when I posted the link a few minutes ago. Ah well :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    6 days is a crazy length as well, I wouldn't be that unhappy at 24 hours blackout but 6 days is too much. At least there are ways around it.

I've bought it anyway for the first time.

I won't get to watch many of the late Thursday, Sunday or Monday games live at all but being able to watch the condensed versions of those the next day is perfect.

Roll on Sunday's from the 10th of September when my days will be taken up with lazing on the couch watching the two live soccer games from 1:30pm until 6:00pm and then american football straight after that until late that night.

With Gamepass plus streaming Sky I can see myself watching around 3 live games every week plus a further 5 or 6 on the condensed option.

Bring it on :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anyone else having problems with the Gamepass site? I've been trying to log in since yesterday and all I'm getting is this screen.

nfl_offline.jpg

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I can get in to it today.

I notice there is now a different "scores off" option, i wonder if this will turn off the ticker during live games (i doubt it, but it would be great- reduce the cance of spoiling other games if you want to watch them late as if live). Looking at past games the "scores off" option doesn't turn off the score of the game itself that is being watched.

• Advertisement

I know we're only 1 quarter through the first game of the (pre) season, but I'm very impressed with this so far. Perfect quality, it hasn't even buffered once and the coverage is great. If it's like this for the whole season then the price is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Paully D wrote: »
    I know we're only 1 quarter through the first game of the (pre) season, but I'm very impressed with this so far. Perfect quality, it hasn't even buffered once and the coverage is great. If it's like this for the whole season then the price is a bargain.

It's fantastic really, there were some issues a couple of years back on opening day but aside from that, never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 naoise-morza

Hey I was wondering if someone could answer this-

If Sky Sports are showing Bears v Colts (6pm) Green Bay v 49ers (9:25) in Week 1, for example, are these the only blackout games for that day? Basically does the blackout only apply to specific games which are shown by Sky or does it effect all games 6pm and 9:25pm games?

Just making sure, paranoid question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hey I was wondering if someone could answer this-

If Sky Sports are showing Bears v Colts (6pm) Green Bay v 49ers (9:25) in Week 1, for example, are these the only blackout games for that day? Basically does the blackout only apply to specific games which are shown by Sky or does it effect all games 6pm and 9:25pm games?

Just making sure, paranoid question!

It's just the ones Sky are showing so all the others can be watched.

Thanks man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

It's all go tonight lads, what game will you be watching in the next 24 hrs?

I'll be watching the Pack @ Chargers.

Im looking forward to Bears v Broncos, should be interesting to see a bit of Manning for Denver and see how Cutler and Marshall work together!

I'll probably watch the first offensive series of the Redskins against the Bills to see what RGIII looks like. Hopefully they'll get the ball first so I can go to bed quicker

Is there any point in watching past the first quarter in any game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I'll probably watch the first offensive series of the Redskins against the Bills to see what RGIII looks like. Hopefully they'll get the ball first so I can go to bed quicker

I watched the Cardinals v Saints Pro Bowl game a few nights ago. Brees took the first charge up the field for a TD then sat out , but it was still fairly decent throughout. Might be better to just watch the first quarter of a few games on Game Pass rather then one right through. I'll watch Manning to start off with anyway tonight.

Generally speaking you will only see the starters in for about max 20 plays tonight. But if you are a diehard fan like me you'll be watching the full game to see how the rookies/new guys trying their hardest to make the team perform. I'll be watching about 8/9 players closely who are not starters.

Although, too often I find the TV guys stop bothering watching themselves and start talking about the starters instead of keeping us up to speed on the new guys on the field.

Having said that I listened to an interview with Mike Tirico yesterday (he is calling the game with Jon Gruden) and he was up to speed on the new guys. They arrived in SD tuesday and are immersing themselves in all things Chargers and Packers since. So I'm hoping their commentary will be useful/informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So tempted to shell out for the regular package at 129 euro it's not too bad especially now that i have a 23 monitor which can make watching games bearable on my pc.

Getting Game Pass today so will probably will flick between a few. Any tips for a first time game pass user/buyer?

Getting Game Pass today so will probably will flick between a few. Any tips for a first time game pass user/buyer?

Tonite as we've mentioned above try and watch the first quarter of a game where you will see the starters ie. it'll be a bit like a real game. After that you will be seeing backups and camp fodder.

Apart from that if you have good bb enjoy!

Just experiencing Game Pass for the first time and I am blown away! Even with blackouts because of Sky there are always at least 3 quality match ups a week so having game pass is a must in my opinion! The only problem is the temptation to watch 4 games at the same time!

Just experiencing Game Pass for the first time and I am blown away! Even with blackouts because of Sky there are always at least 3 quality match ups a week so having game pass is a must in my opinion! The only problem is the temptation to watch 4 games at the same time!

Did you not have the any audio problems? My audio was ahead of the picture by about 10 seconds so it got very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Just a quick question on this lads, the last few years, we got the post season NFL game pass too. With the blackouts, does that mean that they will not be doing it this year?

No problems with audio, picture changed from bad quality to good quality every now and again which was annoying. But overall decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

No problems with audio, picture changed from bad quality to good quality every now and again which was annoying. But overall decent.

ye it was a bit all over the place for me, had to drop down to 2.5Mbps at one stage. think I may need to get a 100mb line so i can fully use that 4mbps stream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Went on to the gamepass site there without realising my VPN was connected. This is what I am getting when it thinks I am in the Netherlands...

Might get some pre-season for free. I've joined the complimentary package now anyway. I see no T's & C's visible anywhere about it so I'm not sure how long it lasts. They have my old credit card on file so if they try to charge it, it will fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Went on to the gamepass site there without realising my VPN was connected. This is what I am getting when it thinks I am in the Netherlands...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=216493&stc=1&d=1344612770

Might get some pre-season for free. I've joined the complimentary package now anyway. I see no T's & C's visible anywhere about it so I'm not sure how long it lasts. They have my old credit card on file so if they try to charge it, it will fail.

even if its just for the preseason that's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Said I wouldn't, and 5 minutes into pre-season, I cracked and bought it.
    I know I can watch on streams but the on-demand & condensed-games will be too valuable to me.

Gonna look into VPN to get around the blackouts, is the performance ok when watching via VPN?
    Any provider recommendations?

A way around this mate - make sure the best available thing is un-ticked and then select the quality you want from the list itself where it says 1600kbs, 1200kbs etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

padraig_f wrote: »
    Gonna look into VPN to get around the blackouts, is the performance ok when watching via VPN?
    Any provider recommendations?

I'm using BlackVPN with UPC 25MB internet. NFL network is streaming perfectly at 4000kbps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone having problems logging in? The launch button is missing and it doesn't seem to recognise my subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

padraig_f wrote: »
    Said I wouldn't, and 5 minutes into pre-season, I cracked and bought it.
    /QUOTE]

SHUTUP..SHUTUP..SHUTUP..SHUTUP :D

If they still had a preseason off I might have taken it before the withdrawls kicked in , but only season offers available
    I really dont see the point in buying it and having to wait 6 days for play-off games. That's when it will really bite.Better off to try ignore the lot altogether....unless I can find a stable streaming site.

Advertisement