Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Australian Sports Pundit Complaining Ireland are not part of TeamGB

Options
  • 08-08-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'd like to draw ye're attention to this ignorant Australian Sports Pundit by the name of Russell Barwick who finds it ridiculous that Ireland compete independently instead of for Great Britian , Just want to get ye're opinion on this.

http://www.espn.co.uk/londonolympics2012/sport/video_audio/164014.html skip to 4minutes in to hear his rant.

The reasons he gives are as follows:

1. Only half of Ireland hates the British
    2. The Irish play for the British (and Irish) Lions
    3. They also play in the Six Nations
    4. It’s like a Hawaiian surfer claiming he is not from the United States.

My Opinion is that he's an Uneducated and Ignorant idiot.

If anybody would like to abuse/educate him his twitter is @<snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

cotterman2 wrote: »

Thats Autralians for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Who is that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

The saying "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone see that article about Katie Taylors win in one oz paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone see that article about Katie Taylors win in one oz paper?

No, do tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

cotterman2 wrote: »

If anybody would like to abuse/educate him his twitter is @<snip>

meh.....the give him enough rope and he'll hang himself strategy could be best here

massage his ego.......send soothing ego boosting tweets all the while letting his own ignorance become a potential sword of damocles timebomb hanging just above his head

Also, why don't Team GB join Team Ireland?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Suffering from a case of "head stuck up own arse syndrome"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I bet he wished NZ was part of Australia considering all the medals they've won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

No, do tell

Here ya go........

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0807/breaking41.html
    The article, originally headlined “Punch Drunk: Ireland intoxicated as Taylor swings towards boxing gold”, was published on The Age, Sydney Morning Herald and the Brisbane Times websites this morning.
    “For centuries, Guinness and whiskey have sent the Irish off their heads. Now all it takes is a petite 26-year-old from Wicklow,” the opening paragraph read.
    “Dark-haired, deep-eyed and engaging, Taylor is not what you’d expect in a fighting Irishwoman, nor is she surrounded by people who’d prefer a punch to a potato,” it continued.
    The article was amended and the headline changed after Fairfax Media received a letter of complaint from Noel White, the Irish Ambassador to Australia and New Zealand.

• Advertisement

Gee Bag wrote: »

Sure what would they know, the bunch of criminals! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Would make more sense for Australia to join Team GB, given that their nation was created to house the overspill of British criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

In the immortal words of Alf Stewart, this reporter is a flamin' gallah. Has foot and mouth disease just hit down under?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I bet he wished NZ was part of Australia considering all the medals they've won.

Somebody thought of that.

aus_zealand_medal_table_2_3_4_N2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shatstand

I've had a look at his Twitter, and not to beat around the bush, but he appears to be mentally retarded.

I loved the fact one Aussie newspaper, possibly the same one as above referred to the Koreas as "Nice Korea" and "Naughty Korea" ! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Also, why don't Team GB join Team Ireland?! :p

Cos they'd all get sick and win no medals.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

No, do tell
    +1, but guessing, "Because, cobbers, her old man speaks with a kinda pommie accent, she's from place in the Irish out-back called Wicklah and her brother is a doctor who teaches sums in some obscure Protestant university school, she's really an English Shelia masquerading as an Irish bird. Throw another tinny on the barbie there , Bluey maite." (note the rising pitch as each sentence is spoken and the high inflection as the sentences finish implying a question. This is often referred to as the antipodean interrogative, although Australians can't say words like "Protestant", "antipodean", "interrogative" and "masquerading", let alone understand them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Imbicile. I don't see him complaining now they have their independence from Germany and they can compete under their own flag. Simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Imbicile. I don't see him complaining now they have their independence from Germany and they can compete under their own flag. Simpletons.
    Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Give him the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Just left a nice degrading message on his twitter thank you very much !!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Shatstand wrote: »
    I've had a look at his Twitter, and not to beat around the bush, but he appears to be mentally retarded.

Ha, to be fair you did anything but beat around the bush :):) he's a flamin mongrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

The Aussies are a nation of trolls, always putting their foot in it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,428 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I hope gravity fails and they fall off the Earth:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shatstand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

Why would someone care what this guy thinks? He's one journalist or whatever he is in the world. I could be a journalist and say Australia should be part of New Zealand. It doesn't matter really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ah the Barwicks.

We kicked his ancestors out of Ireland for sheep stealing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Can't beat a bit of Irish commentary

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=510_1344196881

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Yeah, thanks for linking OP and bringing this to our collective attention. This is definately something that everybody needs to get riled up about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement