Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf: US PGA Championship Betting

• 06-08-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

A tad obvious but I really fancy Keegan to win again.
    Tough to go back to back but he's a tough cookie.
    Hit's it straight and long and his confidence is at peak.

I managed to get him at 50/1 half way through yesterday's round. Down to 40's now on PP :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Will never forget last year. I went to bed thinking Dufner had won it. Got lovely little surprise the next morning.

Not decided yet going to pick 4-5 players but have 11 on my mind at moment so going to study and bring it down to my target.

Always liked the PGA, because I have had 5 winners in 10 years in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Hometown kid this week..........DJ all the way.. his lenght combined with lots of motivation over his major mishap in past will see him go very close:) this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Robert "should have won by 8 shots" Garrigus 110
    Steve Stricker 42
    L Oosthuizen 38

W&Pl Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Alex Noren 200/1
    Garcia 80/1
    McIlroy 20/1
    Dustin Johnson 25/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'm going to go for the long-putter lads this major.

Good chance of winning;

Kuchar
    Els
    Scott

and outsiders;

Blake Adams
    Spencer Levin
    JJ Henry

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Absolutely love this course and was fortunate enough to have played it a few years ago too! So I for one am very much looking forward to this as it is a spectacular place to play golf, but at the same time, very, very tough.

Graeme McDowell @ 40/1 E/W

Sticking with him this week yet again. He loves the Majors as has been seen by his performances this year - The Masters T12, US Open T2 and Open Championshop T5. Through the general style of the course and the high winds in the that region of South Carolona, he has an excellent chance of picking up his second Major IMO.

Louis Oosthuizen @ 28/1

Likewise with Louis.

Didn't get to see more than a few of shots last week and that was the final couple of minutes of highlights on Monday, but I couldn't help but taking notice of Louis contending throughout the week. Another Major winner, and someone comfortable playing in the wind.

Dustin Johnson @ 25/1

Ah memories of Pebble Beach in 2010 come back to me :p He should have a major in the bag already, if not two. The other was the oh so near miss at the PGA Championship in 2010 at Whistling Straits, which is also a Pete Dye course like Kiawah this week, so he's clearly good over Pete Dye courses. He also went to college near to Kiawah so should feel comfortable here on this course. He was tied for ninth in the last Major and has overall put in some impressive displays over the years in windy conditions which goes along with my theme this week. It's his distance of the tee is the bonus on such a lengthy layout too.

Davis Love III Top 20 @ 8/1

As I always say, anyone who has regularly viewed the Major threads knows I like the throw Love into my Stateside Major bets and he's been a good bet for me over the years if not a winner. Won't expand on that.

___

Might have another bet which if I do go ahead, will be placed tomorrow. Debating over 3 golfers atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Added Dustybin and a few quid on Pod too.

Anybody got the Irish Times fantasy password this week please?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Pretty much every one of the online golf tipsters have included dustin in their selections, that's hard to ignore so I'll be going with him anyway as my main bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

had picked dustin early in week didnt expect every national tipster to tip him so price tumbled course is going to play so long.. very wet today and thunderstorms so not much practice is happening at mo which should suit dj espec as he has played this course manys a time

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rehssu

Anybody got the Irish Times fantasy password this week please?

Druids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm going for McDowell (40/1) & Oosthuizen (35/1) e/w B365, both solidly good this year and performed well in this seasons majors (missed cut at the US Open for Oosthuizen aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Westwood 28/1: Simpson 40/1: Schwartzel 55/1: Colsaerts 66/1: Olesen 150/1.
    Lack of wind and lots of rain delays will play a big part this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Ok so my picks this week are:

Dufner: Seems to be in contention every week he plays these days. Could have gotten him at 28s a few days ago but settled for 25s today. The way he's playing, he should be in contention with 9 to play.

Watson: Backed him in the Masters so he owes me nothing.

Mickelson: Like Watson, he's worth backing just for the entertainment factor. One moment you can't believe the moment of brilliance you just saw, then he misses a 2 footer. 40/1 is too big for him even if not playing well. He lives for majors.

Mahan: Again out of form but have to have a nibble at 50s.

Schwartzel: Playing decent golf. 66s is a god price imo.

Laird: Someone i've been watching for a while. I think he's due a big win shortly and this could well be the one.

Clark (Tim): Back to decent form and at 250s i couldn't resist a small punt.

Johnson, Dufner, Harrington, Bubba, Simpson, Stallings.

ALL exchange prices to Lay for profit (hopefully) and Place too

Love to do write up, but whenever I do they come nowhere

GL to all

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Going with Garrigus and Snedeker, both 100/1 ew 1-6.
    Will prob bet again Sat morning......

not great for johnson even through 15 hopefully bird par 5 16 started great 2 under through 3 but mcilroy were this form come from

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

-1 Johnstone
    -2 Oosthousen

I'll take that after round 1, hopefully G-Mac can keep his good start going.

Johnson, Dufner, Harrington, Bubba, Simpson, Stallings.

ALL exchange prices to Lay for profit (hopefully) and Place too

Love to do write up, but whenever I do they come nowhere

GL to all

mixed bag so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Ishikawa, Ryo @ 125/1
    Singh, Vijay @ 150/1

Watson, Bubba @ 28/1
    Mahan, Hunter @ 50/1

my long shots seem to be doing better at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Dustin Johnson hasn't been taking advantage of the PAR 5s this week (he just took an 8 on the most recent one). If he's not taking advantage of his length, he aint winning.

Tiger's putting has been immense so far tonight.

• Advertisement

8 on par5 by dustin sky not even showing the leaderboard after page 1 didnt even tell us dj made 8

Luke Donald World Number 1 my arse.

i think we are fried with dustin 2 over with 6 to play cant see him getting back in this 8 at a par 5 killed it

looks like missed cut for all us dustin fans 5 over 2 togo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Bookies made some money on Dustin I'm sure. Really thought he would go well here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Is laying Tiger at 3.15 a wise or foolish move.

Based on recent majors it seems like a no brainer but theres just this nagging doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

I have petterson backed at 110/1 since before the first round, he is now 12/1. Im not used to laying to guarantee profit can anyone suggest how i can do this to get max profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

There's always a bit of value when tiger's atop the leaderboard imo. Just backed z.johnson (60/1) and harrington (80/1). I never usually back harrington for some reason, but just 6 back in those conditions I thought it was good value,espeially as the wind is supposed to get a bit stronger as the day goes on. Molinari not bad odds at 66/1 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

go on Rory :D

This time last year I had 9 winners by this stage.

This year only 2 (Zach Johnson and Stallings)

Still made nice profit, but its been my worst year so far by good bit.:(

• Advertisement

bad year fr me had olesen leading on last day by 3 in austria he lost by 5 and simpson week before leading by 2 losing by 5 just cant get them taking week and sticking with same golfer through play off series if he wins then move onto another

Advertisement