Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So ... yeah.... chancers or legitimate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I vote chancers :pac:

So there I was checking out adverts.ie and came across the following services. Would you be interested in them? :pac:

Past Life Regrression......
    Stopped reading - chancers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You'd be surprised how vulnerable some people can get in a stressful time and will do anything to improve it.

They're chancers though, setting up an account for the company on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Some hypnosis works, it helped me give up smoking, only problem is i think im a chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Bwak!?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I thought Adverts.ie had standards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

This is a lot of links and work OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

Hippies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

WARNING DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE RECORDINGS WHILE DRIVING

That's my favourite part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I say chancers but I'm so sleepy

You sure you're not just trying to get traffic onto your ads OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Hypnosis can work and can be a good thing.
    The whole past life thing though? Load of Bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Who are Adverts.ie to decide what's right or wrong to believe?

Some people think Past Life regression is nonsense. But the same people could believe in God. Or the Virgin Mary and immaculate conception.

If Adverts blocked the sale of religious paraphernalia there would be war.

Hypnosis does work by the way...it's been proven millions of times to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Biggest pile of fcuking ****e ever, Fools are easily parted with their money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

So there I was checking out adverts.ie and came across the following services. Would you be interested in them? :pac:

Past Life Regrression Hypnosis
    :
    http://www.adverts.ie/cd/past-life-regression-hypnosis-session-cd/1141950

Dont feel bullied anymore:
    http://www.adverts.ie/healthcare/dont-feel-bullied-anymore/1580367

Hypnosis For Super Self confidence:
    http://www.adverts.ie/cd/hypnosis-for-super-self-confidence-with-nlp-eft-cbt/1137191

and there are tons more on there :pac:

thought? :p

€25:eek: I see a money making opportunity here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Disappointing, but it's a fully fledged business now-come one come all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I'm going to go with chancers, obviously. I hope they at least have a basic grasp of what reincarnation entails and have better maths skills than 'Snoop Lion'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Past Life Regression is a load of toss, but most use of hypnosis are valid. I see people in trances every day and if I were to ask them they'd immediately deny it. Very obvious in babies, they spend most of their time in an altered state.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Shouldn't be allowed near people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Past Life Regrression Hypnosis

While i don't believe in past lives myself, I would put this in the same category as religious beliefs and wouldn't judge anyone who does.

Dont feel bullied anymore

I can see how this would be helpful to someone with a negative mindset. If it helps them see things in a more positive light or helps them deal with issues they would shy away from then it can't be a bad thing.

Hypnosis For Super Self confidence

I do think hypnotherapy can be quite useful. I know from personal experience that when you have low self-esteem and low self confidence, everything seems like an up hill battle. There are many times i wished i had something to give me a little boost so i could get moving.

I have a great dislike for people who scoff at self help tools. They are provided to try and help people help themselves. Making fun of the tools and the people who buy them only creates a stigma around them, meaning less people will use them as a resource to help better themselves. Some of them may be full of bull**** and false hope, but i think it is only bull**** and false hope for those who have no need for it or can't apply it to their own lives.

As for those that sell them, are they really any different that any other sales man or entrepreneur? They saw a gap in the market for their skill set and are trying to earn a living from it. Why not, if they don't, someone else will. All entrepreneur's are chancers at some point along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

As legit as the facekicker (other thread)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Legitimate charlatans

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Disappointing, but it's a fully fledged business now-come one come all.

Agreed, was told recently it had nothing to do with boards. I miss the fact that it used to be policed by users and had integrity. Seems to have gone now.
    I thought Adverts.ie had standards?

It used to. They even allow homeopathic remedies sugar pill placebos now, despite complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

MadsL wrote: »

It used to. They even allow homeopathic remedies sugar pill placebos now, despite complaints.

Would you believe you can get that sh1t on the NHS in Britain? Jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I remember Ricky Gervais talking about a party he heard of once where people who had been through past life regression had to go and dress up as who they were in their previous life. There were two Napoleons.

It's true though, no-one is ever a slave or a poor person, and none of them ever offer up any actual historical information that they wouldn't have already known about that time period.

Advertisement