Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C+H Thread of Olympic-y Goodness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Namlub wrote: »
    Every time I hear about Anthony Ogogo I just want Subway

I hate that guy. Why should I care about his dislike of jalopenos?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Federer is through to the finals after winning a rather long match the last set was something like 19-17! :O

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Some excellent archery today. Both semis and the bronze medal match decided on a shoot off. Missed the final, but still feckin' brilliant stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Conlon up now on RTE. Hon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Conlon up now on RTE. Hon!

Who?

• Advertisement

Conlon up 3 points after R1.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Who?

Michael Conlon, boxer.

Conlon up 12-5 after R2.

Conlon was a joy to watch. Got scrappy in the final minute, but up until that he was excellent, ducking, weaving and scoring.

Final Score: 19-8

One fight away from a bronze medal now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Great fight from Conlon, I hope Nolan will produce the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

deise_girl wrote: »
    On what basis?
    Not based on anything, like I said I just think its looks really uncomfortable for the horse, makes me flinch to look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Do memories plague their ears like flies?
    They shake their heads. Dusk brims the shadows.
    Summer by summer all stole away,
    The starting-gates, the crowd and cries -
    All but the unmolesting meadows.
    Almanacked, their names live; they

Have slipped their names, and stand at ease,
    Or gallop for what must be joy,
    And not a fieldglass sees them home,
    Or curious stop-watch prophesies:
    Only the grooms, and the grooms boy,
    With bridles in the evening come.

Great boxing match on at the moment.

I cannot believe the score in the match, the American deserved to win by a mile. This scoring makes no sense. Even the ref raised the hand of the American.

Nolan up now.

Nolan down by 1, I think it should be even.

FFS RTE, showing Finnoula Britton losing instead of showing the boxing. They've cut coverage of everything else all week for the boxing, and tonight they don't? Almost missed the start of the fight because of 'em.

Nolan needs to work.

And then there were 4.... :(

Russian deserved it. Nolan performed well, not much more you would've asked from him IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm no expert, but surely our track and race is a bit embarrassing even by Irish standards so far.

Barnes boxing well, 5-3 After the 1st.

• Advertisement

11-7 going into the last round.

Barnes put in a brilliant performance today. Made his opponent look average. I think we now have 4 fighters just one fight away from a medal. :)

San Marino within touching distance of their first ever medal in the women's trap. A shoot off between 3, for 2 medals.

Edit: she just missed a clay and finished 4th

Annalaise Murphy in with a serious chance of a medal (of any colour) in the Laser Radials.

Going in to the Medal Race on Monday it stands:

China - 33
    Netherlands - 33
    Ireland - 34
    Belgium - 34
    GBR - 52

If she can finish ahead of any of her 3 main rivals she gets bronze. Win the race, and she's got gold. Never thought sailing could be so exciting. :P

Irvine finishes 6th in the points race to put him 9th overall after 2/6 races.

Edit: there is something wrong with these results, he may be 7th overall I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Murray is playing Federer at 2 today but it also says that he's scheduled to play mixed doubles at 4 today too. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Synchronised swimming is unbelievable! But it's kinda creepy how they remain synchronous when they're walking around the place beforehand..

Taylor will face the British girl Jonas tomorrow... Let's just hope we don't see some questionable judging in favour of the home girl... :\

WE HAVE A MEDAL!!!!

Hon the John Joe!!! :D:D:D

What an absolutely brilliant performance, gave the Mexican a schooling in how to box. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    WE HAVE A MEDAL!!!!

Hon the John Joe!!! :D:D:D

What an absolutely brilliant performance, gave the Mexican a schooling in how to box. :)

Apart from when he got a count >.<
    And after when he was running away a bit.. Tres nervous I was..

Cubian laddy next?

Advertisement