Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who will light the Olympic cauldron bet??

Options
  • 28-07-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

I'm flippin' annoyed at the fact that I had a bet on who would light the olympic cauldron, I bet on the second fav, Bannister.

In the end none of those listed in the book actually lit the thing, instead it was 7 young people.

I heard today that all UK bookies were refunding bets but my bet was with Paddy Power and they are not refunding but instead paying out on the "mentors" who mentored the 7 young people
    we're paying out in full on the 7 mentors involved in lighting the flame. We're paying out in full on: Steve Redgrave, Kelly Holmes, Mary Peters, Daley Thompson, Duncan Goodhew, Lynne Davies and Shirley Thompson

I never placed a bet on mentors, I bet on who would light the cauldron. Some of those people weren't even in the betting.

What a swizz. :mad:

Anyone else in the same boat??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Betting on silly things?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

NIMAN wrote: »
    Betting on silly things?

A bet's a bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

A bets a bet, you bet on Bannister, he didn't light it, your bet is a loser , it's clear cut.
    just because the eventual "winners" weren't listed doesn't count unless it is specifically mentioned in either that individual bets rules or the bookmakers general rules, did u check these before placing the bet or even posting here?? Don't think so, in this instance PP have actually been generous enough in their settlement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Backed Redgrave but with Sky Bet :mad:.
    ****ers refunded my bet, if I had it with Ladbrokes or PP, I would have been paid as a Winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

okidoki987 wrote: »
    ****ers refunded my bet, if I had it with Ladbrokes or PP, I would have been paid as a Winner.

At least you got a refund.

I'll heve to avoid these "silly bets" in future and stick to very serious bets. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

At least you got a refund

Don't think anybody would be daft enough to try settling any of those bets as Losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

okidoki987 wrote: »

im sure it was paid out stake divide by 7

im sure it was paid out stake divide by 7

Nope
    I checked both Ladbrokes & PP paid to full stakes!

Advertisement