Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bookie still has price up after event has finished. Easy Money???

• 28-07-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all, I wont give any info yet but one of the leading bookies has a Club Senior Football still up for betting on. The match was last night but according to them its not on till tonight. If I bet on the winner will I get paid or if they notice can they keep my money or return it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

They can't keep your money either way. You will either get paid out or you'll get your stake back.

Now spill... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

PM Sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

At worst, you will get your money back....what's the bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Wouldnt mind a pm just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

some advice would be appreciated ;)

• Advertisement

I wont post any info on here and Id appreciate if People i have told dont post any info either as Bookies have people monitoring these sites.

Any body that wants information can PM ME. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Asked about this according to the people I've asked they are obliged to pay out.

vinb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

This would be Feckin great! Best of luck lads shame i'm flat bleedin broke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I would imagine when they go to look for the score it will be discovered that the match was yesterday and therefore all bets after the event would become null and void.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stepbar wrote: »
    I would imagine when they go to look for the score it will be discovered that the match was yesterday and therefore all bets after the event would become null and void.

This! I was on a bet the other day inplay when the match had already finished. Bet was void.

Still I wouldn't mind a PM of the match OP? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

pm please!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Asked about this according to the people I've asked they are obliged to pay out.

That's absolute rubbish.

If I was the OP I would have put the bet on myself and said nothing.
    The more people you tell, the more bets get put on, the greater the chance of the bookie spoting it and checking it.
    Once they know it was a late bet, they will void it.
    Having said that, wasn't there a late market left up by someone in the last few months and they paid out?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

could you pm me also please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

pm from someone also please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

If they notice it'll be void.

Bets gone lads im afraid, Bookie copped on

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

no longer available..anyone get bet on and paid out?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

hope u guys got paid out.i wudnt have done the bet tho as its a surefire way to get restricted to peanuts.but if u won a few hundred off it then it was probably worth it if u dont use whatever firm it was that often

Did you get paid out?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Did you get paid?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Anyone get paid? Disappointed I only seen this now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

anyone get paid out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Just seen this now.

Something like this happened me in the past.

I was on Paddy Power waiting for a race to start about 2 months back, and waiting for the page to change to in-play version (to bet during the race). The race started on TV, but the page stayed on the pre-post version. I had no idea what was happening, so selected two or three bets of the likely winners - and they popped onto the bet slip (like they do pre race). The race ended, and the page still stayed up.

Here is the bad bit though. I made €5 on the horse that won, and the bet got accepted then about a minute later I look up and I had €25 extra in the bank (I got cashed out). Betting then got suspended ("event has already started" popped up).

The €25 was never removed, so the fact I could have bet more (and won €500+) kills me. I had over €100+ in my account at the time, and did not use it.

I like to think they would have noticed it if I did a big bet like that - and removed the bigger winnings (although, I keep thinking I would have got away with it). :/

tinodz wrote: »
    Just seen this now.

Something like this happened me in the past.

I was on Paddy Power waiting for a race to start about 2 months back, and waiting for the page to change to in-play version (to bet during the race). The race started on TV, but the page stayed on the pre-post version. I had no idea what was happening, so selected two or three bets of the likely winners - and they popped onto the bet slip (like they do pre race). The race ended, and the page still stayed up.

Here is the bad bit though. I made €5 on the horse that won, and the bet got accepted then about a minute later I look up and I had €25 extra in the bank (I got cashed out). Betting then got suspended ("event has already started" popped up).

The €25 was never removed, so the fact I could have bet more (and won €500+) kills me. I had over €100+ in my account at the time, and did not use it.

I like to think they would have noticed it if I did a big bet like that - and removed the bigger winnings (although, I keep thinking I would have got away with it). :/

Most of the time when things like this happen bookies tend to leave these bets stand as a good will gesture!

The fact you only had a fiver this and was let keep with winnings proves this as you would of had a big bet, it would defo have been voided as they not noticing late bets on a horse race is near impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doff wrote: »

The people you asked don't have a clue

Mellor wrote: »

The people you asked don't have a clue

That's 100% correct

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I didn't get paid from this bet, I actually asked some people on a fairly respectable football forum in the betting section.

On the subject, if you bet on a match and your team is losing, then the match gets suspended, what happens? Said I'd ask here to be safe :P

On the subject, if you bet on a match and your team is losing, then the match gets suspended, what happens? Said I'd ask here to be safe :P

Once the match isn't being played again within 24 hours, you'll get your stake back.

Advertisement