Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2nd Global Airsoft Survey Project

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

PopularAirsoft.com has announced another Global Airsoft Survey.

"It's been four years since we've done the 1st Global Airsoft Survey Project (G.A.S.P.). Many things have changed since then and airsoft has gotten even more exciting than ever even in the midst of legal obstacles that airsoft players worldwide encounter. We have decided that the G.A.S.P. become as regular as possible to be able to track the airsoft player's evolution as a player and as a big part of the global airsoft market.

G.A.S.P. will try to find who is the airsoft player. What are his/her preferences in terms of airsoft guns and airsoft brands? What are his/her purchasing habits? We also want to know his or her experiences in buying airsoft products and gear and concerns about the hobby.

This is a long survey to answer, with 52 questions that will require your patience and understanding as all of these questions are important to put "a finger" on what the airsoft market and the airsoft player are all about."

More details and survey.

[Note: a draw for prizes is offered in return for participation, but prizes may be over the 1J limit for Ireland. Please read the T&Cs carefully.
    Note 2: I don't see a privacy policy or any indication of who will have access to the data. A well designed survey usually explains all that before you start.]

(Via SlickAxe, owner of NLAIRSOFT.COM)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

So,
    • It takes about 15 minutes to complete.
    • The prices are in USD.
    • Some of the questions need more and/or different answer options. Most of them are ok. One question says it allows multiple choices, but only allows one.
    • There's no field at the end for Any Other Comments.

Puding and a few others will have great fun filling in the questions about brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

No privacy policy, and a pretty safe bet your data is just being used for free market research.

Reminds me of Berget just gone when I got accosted by ASG the minute I signed in and given the impression that filling in their MR survey was mandatory. Blegh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gerrowadat wrote: »
    No privacy policy, and a pretty safe bet your data is just being used for free market research.

Reminds me of Berget just gone when I got accosted by ASG the minute I signed in and given the impression that filling in their MR survey was mandatory. Blegh.

Sent them a mail advising they do not have permission to use my details, for whatever use that does, probably nothing.

Interesting enough questions asked and even more so the interesting answers I put off the cuff.
    • I don't care about manufacturers copying each other, as long as I'm getting the better deal.
    • I don't think the authorities should get involved with licensing
    • I do not care about insurance when playing
    • Most of my purchases are made online
    • I do not think walk in retailers cater to my needs (understandable though)

Actually some really good questions asked

Advertisement