Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Depeche Mode Tour 2013

• 19-07-2012 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Let's hope for a Dublin date...

http://www.depechemode.com/news.html#news_158

"As you may have seen over the last week, a few Depeche Mode-related websites, message boards and news sites have posted alleged tour dates for 2013. While the band will indeed be touring next year, we have not confirmed any show dates yet and tickets will not be on sale until late fall. Be assured, we will make a timely official announcement on DepecheMode.com and the band's official Facebook and Twitter accounts as soon as dates are confirmed, and at that time will give full details on when tickets will be made available.

Stay tuned for more updates from the studio and exciting news over the next few months.
    We look forward to seeing you soon."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The last O2 show was phenomenal. One of the best times I've seen them. I can't imagine they wouldn't come back.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The last O2 show was phenomenal. One of the best times I've seen them. I can't imagine they wouldn't come back.

The only time I've been at the O2 but the sound was unbelievable so I'm hoping any Dublin date will be there again.

That gig is definitely in my top 3 gigs ever. Loved every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

been to the last 2 in the o2 /point
    The one previous to the last one was even better.
    Fingers crossed they play again, always a guaranteed belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The one before that in 1993 (Devotional tour) was better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Polygon_window

poundhound wrote: »
    The one before that in 1993 (Devotional tour) was better!

the one before this (1987) was better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

Let's just agree that they were all good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re: he one before this (1987) was better

We were talking about the Point/O2.

The 87 show wasn't there.

Just saying.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Nobody's mentioned the RDS gig where they filmed some of the Question of Lust video.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

My sister saw them in 83 in the SFX....
    Even got some autographs afterwards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

sham69 wrote: »
    My sister saw them in 83 in the SFX....
    Even got some autographs afterwards..

From the sfx to the Pasadena Rosebowl stopping off at the giants stadium and stade de France-priceless

• Advertisement

Dates to be announced at a press conference at the Stade de France at 12:30 on Tuesday week (23rd). Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

German site eventim defines it as an "arena" tour in the summer months, which would rule out the o2:

http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?doc=artistPages%2Foverview&kuid=144

If this is correct, we still might get Marley Park or RDS open air venue.

Not necessarily. The portion of Touring the Angel in which they played the Point was in stadia pretty much everywhere else across Europe. The size of the stage set may be a factor.

From the info on the eventim site, the German venues would appear to be

Stuttgart - Mercedes-Benz Stadion
    Berlin - Olympiastadion or Waldbuhne
    Hamburg - Whatever the HSV football stadium is caled this year
    Munich - Olympiastadion
    Dusseldorf - Esprit Arena
    Frankfurt - Commerzbank
    Leipzig - Zentralstadion

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DaveyCakes wrote: »
    Not necessarily. The portion of Touring the Angel in which they played the Point was in stadia pretty much everywhere else across Europe. The size of the stage set may be a factor.

From the info on the eventim site, the German venues would appear to be

Stuttgart - Mercedes-Benz Stadion
    Berlin - Olympiastadion or Waldbuhne
    Hamburg - Whatever the HSV football stadium is caled this year
    Munich - Olympiastadion
    Dusseldorf - Esprit Arena
    Frankfurt - Commerzbank
    Leipzig - Zentralstadion

They can leave some of the stage at home and play the o2. How much would a show likely to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Or there could be no Irish date at all as per the Exciter and Singles tours :(

Traveled to those and willing to do so again, bit obviously would prefer a Dublin date.

They usually add Dublin late on in the tour with extra dates in the UK. So even if Dublin isn't on the tour initially it could well be added again. The O2 went down very well with the band last time and they do seem to stay in Dublin a few days when they tour. TBH though its much better to travel to see them in Paris, Barcelona etc. A far better atmosphere and i've seen DM in many countries.The O2 was a joke last time in the seats where you where told "sit down" by gob****e security. It did get to a stage where we all stood up and they could no nothing but next time I'm standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Nobody's mentioned the RDS gig where they filmed some of the Question of Lust video.

I was at that gig !

sabrewulf wrote: »
    German site eventim defines it as an "arena" tour in the summer months, which would rule out the o2:

If this is correct, we still might get Marley Park or RDS open air venue.

Ah there is no chance of that, at best we will get the 02. Dm are not popular enough in Ireland. Considered an 80s band at best by most uninformed. If you look at the crowd in 02 at their gigs you will find about 50per cent are not Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ah there is no chance of that, at best we will get the 02. Dm are not popular enough in Ireland. Considered an 80s band at best by most uninformed. If you look at the crowd in 02 at their gigs you will find about 50per cent are not Irish.

Has anyone ever visited here: http://www.depechemode.ee/bar/

An experience and a half :D

If DM don't do a gig here. I'd highly recommend a weekend in Tallin for the next best thing :D:D

Chucken wrote: »
    Has anyone ever visited here: http://www.depechemode.ee/bar/

An experience and a half :D

If DM don't do a gig here. I'd highly recommend a weekend in Tallin for the next best thing :D:D

Nope, but you're making this look like a very tempting destination if they play a gig there or closeby on the next tour......

• Advertisement

I was wondering why the laydeez seemed hotter than usual that night. :rolleyes:

I'm patiently awaiting a torrent of abuse from female posters now.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MDPolak

Anyone for Depeche Mode party on Friday 26th in Dublin?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056737069

MDPolak wrote: »
    Anyone for Depeche Mode party on Friday 26th in Dublin?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056737069

How long are Analog Angel on for? Sound very good.Never heard of them before

How long are Analog Angel on for? Sound very good.Never heard of them before

The gig starts at 10:30PM. Lads prepared 1 hour special set for this event so we can expect some DM covers although I'd prefer to hear their own stuff which is excelent :-)

The gig starts at 10:30PM. Lads prepared 1 hour special set for this event so we can expect some DM covers although I'd prefer to hear their own stuff which is excelent :-)

Thanks, pity its not on a bit earlier .1030 is late for the gig part?

Thanks, pity its not on a bit earlier .1030 is late for the gig part?

Hi! I think 10:30 will be grand. We open door at 9 so there will be like 90 minutes to fill up the venue. We don't want the band to play in empty or half empty place. Are you coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Thanks a mil for the info, MDPolak. Didn't know what time to come. Definitely want to see the guys live again, plus I have ordered a t-shirt and they will bring it in on the night!!!

Hi! I think 10:30 will be grand. We open door at 9 so there will be like 90 minutes to fill up the venue. We don't want the band to play in empty or half empty place. Are you coming in?

great-yeah hopefully

but only if you promise there will be lovely polish ladies there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

German concert dates will go on sale tomorrow at 2pm CET (1pm Irish time). There will be a press conference at 1.30pm CET (12.30pm Irish time), which will be livestreamed here:
    Note: there's a good chance they will have a voiceover of a German translater, so it might be impossible to follow for the non-German speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

English electro-rock pioneers Depeche Mode have confirmed a huge European arena & stadium tour, kicking off in May 2013, which includes a show at London's O2 Arena.

The band have called a press conference for Tuesday October 23rd at 1.30PM GMT where they are expected to unveil details of a brand new album, the follow-up to 2009's 'Sounds of the Universe'. Depeche Mode are expected to release the as-yet-untitled 13th studio album in April 2013, with a World Tour to follow, which will include North American dates.

Depeche Mode's European Leg of World Tour is as follows:

May 07 Tel Aviv, Israel - Hayarkon Park
    May 10 Athens, Greece - Terra Vibe
    May 12 Sofia, Bulgaria - Georgi Asparuhov Stadium
    May 15 Bucharest, Romania - National Stadium
    May 17 Istanbul, Turkey - Kucukciftlik Park
    May 19 Belgrade, Serbia - Usce Park
    May 21 Budapest, Hungary - Puskas Ferenc Stadium
    May 23 Zagreb, Republic of Croatia - Hippodrome
    May 25 Bratislava, Slovakia - Inter Stadium
    May 28 London, England - O2 Arena
    June 01 Munich, Germany - Olympic Stadium