Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WTF are McDonalds fries made of?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

SPuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

SPuds.

.....................really:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

McDonald fries are made with artificial chemicals, and derivatives of milk and beef extract. The chemicals they use prevent fries from spoiling, and from digesting properly in your system.

This short list of ingredients is from the McDonald's website:

Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent).

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_in_McDonalds_fries#ixzz20TAg2b9K

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Still taste good though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wait a minute.....are you telling me that fries from McDonalds aren't good for you?!

:eek:STOP THE PRESSES!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Wait a minute.....are you telling me that fries from McDonalds aren't good for you?!

:eek:STOP THE PRESSES!!:eek:

everyone knows that, but this video shows how bad they really are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I think they're made differently in Europe than in America. Irish McDonalds tastes 10 times better than American McDonalds. It looks better too since the burger doesn't have that yellowy greasy texture.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Kind of obvious. They are covered in salt. A preservative with antibacterial and anti mould properties. And they're fried and skinny, so very little moisture I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think they're made differently in Europe than in America. Irish McDonalds tastes 10 times better than American McDonalds. It looks better too since the burger doesn't have that yellowy greasy texture.

Have the Irish Tourist board been told about this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

MarkR wrote: »
    Kind of obvious. They are covered in salt. A preservative with antibacterial and anti mould properties. And they're fried and skinny, so very little moisture I would imagine.

Precisely.
    A debunking of this myth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I always thought Mcdonalds should come with warning labels. "Warning, this product is for entertainment purposes only"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I thought that they'd stopped putting the beef flavour in since all the vegetarians threw a fit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Do people still believe the ****e you get in these spoof videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 guesswhoo

VJkcf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm so calling it a Chicken McGrill from now on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'm so calling it a Chicken McGrill from now on. :)

The chicken McGrill isn't the same as the Chicken Sandwich, it's only in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Those french fries are great, Makes cleaning out the car a pleasure when you know you aren't going to need biohazard gear to pick up those fries that the kids dropped before Christmas. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Burger King fries are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That video annoys me; "unfortunately he also threw out the fries"
    Oh no, if only there was some way we could repeat this terribly complicated experiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

GreeBo wrote: »
    That video annoys me; "unfortunately he also threw out the fries"
    Oh no, if only there was some way we could repeat this terribly complicated experiment!

Morgon Spurlock on the phone: "Ok, get rid of the burgers, but dont throw out the fries."

He gets there "what happened the fries?"
    "Oh i accidentally threw them out.."

Where in reality..

NOMNOMNOMNOM..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Those french fries are great, Makes cleaning out the car a pleasure when you know you aren't going to need biohazard gear to pick up those fries that the kids dropped before Christmas. :D

This, always find one when hoovering a car. It's not totally manky either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I can't understand why anybody would compare the rotting process of any food to how it's handled by your digestive system.

Do you really think your body just lets food rot away in your stomach? And if it doesn't rot it's therefore just gonna sit there forever?

No. Just no.

Throw a mug of hydrochloric acid in on top of those fries and add an outflow pipe and you might be slightly closer to a reasonable experiment.

Not that I have any doubt that Mc Donalds is bad for you, I just hate this kind of bad psudoscience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If people survive consuming the ingredients of cigarettes & whats in our alcohol for decades on end...mcdonalds chips are in the ha'penny place

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not that I have any doubt that Mc Donalds is bad for you,

It's not bad for you, like anything, in moderation. It's not going to give you an illness and kill you, wrong to say it's bad for you. Period.

I agree with you about leaving it in your stomach, thought that myself when I watched the video, like as if your body leaves food in your stomach for a coupld of months :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

For those who want to find out more about the fries (and have time to read this) -

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/05/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-perfect-mcdonalds-style-french-fries.html?ref=obinsite

Advertisement