Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Debit Card deposits

• 14-07-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭

I was trying to deposit on Paddy Power and I tried betfair but none of them would work. It said the bank refused for some reason, yet I entered the correct details. It is an AIB Maestro Laser Debit Card.

What would the issue be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Neeson wrote: »
    I was trying to deposit on Paddy Power and I tried betfair but none of them would work. It said the bank refused for some reason, yet I entered the correct details. It is an AIB Maestro Laser Debit Card.

What would the issue be?

Card should work on Paddy Power, if you have sufficient funds, putting in everything correct etc, but betfair will not accept laser cards. Ladbrokes and Boyles I think accept Laser as well, 365 and any of the other "English" sites will not accept it. I know Lads are also English.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Thst might be it. I'm not even sure if there's a fiver on the thing!

Also, they ask about a card start date but the card only shows an expiry date. How can this be filled in? It can't be left blank as some number/date has to go in I think?

No, this doesn't seem to be working. I put money on the card with online banking and yet it says either insufficient funds, wrong CV2 number when I try to put money into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

some laser cards dont you dont need to use the cv2 number try putting in 000
    and see if it works then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Think I used to put 111 in as the security code on Betfair when I had laser (no 3 digit security code)

Bank with PTSB who've since switched to VISA debit

• Advertisement

Putting in no CV2 number doesn't work. My card has this number and it still isn't working. Just tells me:

Note: Unfortunately your payment has been declined by your bank. Your bank may decline a transaction for reasons such as: Insufficient Funds, Card Expired, Incorrect CV2 number etc.

Well I know I have money on the card, it isn't expired because the date is on the card and the CV2 number is correct.

Contact your bank, pretty much your only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

This is my second time writing this in a thread:

I've heard people advising against using your credit/debit card for online gambling. When the bank looks at your a/c when you're seeking a loan etc. it may give them a bad impression. If you use PayPal, the recipient of the payment is unknown, which is safer.

DarkDusk wrote: »

I've heard people advising against using your credit/debit card for online gambling. When the bank looks at your a/c when you're seeking a loan etc. it may give them a bad impression. If you use PayPal, the recipient of the payment is unknown, which is safer.
    +1 to this. BUT PayPal doesn't accept laser, so that's not an option. Look up moneybookers, cheaper and much better IMO and accept laser

Ok. Thanks for that advice. So can you use an aib laser maestro card on that moneybookers service?

I avtually tried the PayPal thing but it still said I entered something wrong when I tried to move money from the card to PayPal!

• Advertisement

Neeson wrote: »
    Ok. Thanks for that advice. So can you use an aib laser maestro card on that moneybookers service?

I avtually tried the PayPal thing but it still said I entered something wrong when I tried to move money from the card to PayPal!

Yeah, ya can.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

DarkDusk wrote: »

I've a separate bank account

Turn over quite large amounts arbing so don't want that showing up on my "main" current account

Advertisement