Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M8 Motorway between Cahir and Mitchelstown

• 12-07-2012 7:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭ Makenna Happy Handbag

I hear traffic is down to one lane northbound on the M8 between Cahir and Mitchelstown again this morning following an incident. Is it my imagination or does this stretch of motorway have an unusually high number of accidents/incidents compared to other stretches. I know some repairs to the surface were made recently.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

ya always seems to have accidents on that stretch always seems to be lanes closed

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Scenic views could contribute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FullBeard

No excuse for an accident here other than bad driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭cml387

I drive it every day.

There is something spooky about the number of accidents.

I regularly saw signs of vehicles impacting the sound barriers at the side of the carriageway at a particular spot. (Not exceeding the sound barrier...read carefully:)).

Work was done some weeks ago to reduce the incidence of standing water in this section.

A work colleague also impacted the centre median after hitting standing water at the Cahir south intersection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

travel that part of the road a good bit there is a fault in that section of the road the works a few months back were suppose to fix it but i personal thought it made the surface worse
    I have noticed the odd time there is a pull on that road

• Advertisement
Advertisement