Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

212606.png

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

It's such a quality poster that there's one now hanging in my room :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Woo new thread!

*cracks open absinthe to celebrate*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hurray!

New thread!
    If anyones interested legend of grimrock is a fiver in the steam sale , its very very similar to dungeon master, bloodwych, that kind of thing.. Only modern looking like..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Gonna play some Rygar on mame.

Bought it on NES too but am yet to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you went with that title? really???
    may as well have a Union Jack as your avatar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,766 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rygar on arcade is only ok, was never too fond of it. Rygar on the NES though is amazing, one of those NES games were they didn't decide to copy the arcade game. It's like a mix of zelda with side scrolling bits and works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

So New thread Same old story

Boulder Dash Is the best Game of all time:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

may as well have a Union Jack as your avatar

Nowt wrong with a neapolitan ice cream forum! God Save Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale! :D
    Sparks43 wrote: »
    Darius Burst Another Chronicle EX is the best Game of all time

FYP. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

lego_china_tanks_tiananmen_square_desktop_3200x2000_hd-wallpaper-526049.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

This may have been posted here already, or whatevs:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

waveform wrote: »

"In other news, Sony announce they are going to break into the console market with something they call a Play Station."

but seriously it is a great concept, a console that doesnt just pander to the CoD generation of gamers is always welcome.
    it's only my 2nd Kickstarter backing, the other being Redux: Dark Matters for the Dreamcast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

a reminder that there's a retro beers on tomorrow >link<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Prometheus, damn good movie :)
    Not perfect but none are and I'm glad I eventually got to see it in the cinema.

Don't read the spoiler if you've not seen the movie.
    I was trying to discuss with my girlfriend the whole "what (supposedly) happened around 2000 years ago on earth that they would be pi$$ed off with us all".
    But I think it was falling on deaf ears. "Did anyone maybe die 2000 years ago" etc etc. A discussion for another forum me thinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Prometheus, damn good movie :)
    Not perfect but none are and I'm glad I eventually got to see it in the cinema.

Yeah, I enjoyed it the two times I saw it.
    Plenty of D'Oh! moments, plus there is the magic small rock scene,
    the one that saves our heroine despite the massive starship crushing everything else in it's path!
    But, it's really a big setup for the next one, too much distance between the ending of Prometheus and the story of Alien to be bridged without another film.
    Plus, we need it to stop the narrative space being filled with p1ss poor fan fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

2 Gameboy advance vrs TR-808

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't like this thread, it's all too clean and new and I don't feel comfortable. We need someone to come in and wreck it up a bit with talk of old men in cinemas and some pictures of retrogamers all cosplayed up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,766 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I don't like this thread, it's all too clean and new and I don't feel comfortable. We need someone to come in and wreck it up a bit with talk of old men in cinemas and some pictures of retrogamers all cosplayed up.

Hopefully we'll have some new ones next week :P

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We need someone to come in and wreck it up a bit with talk of old men in cinemas and some pictures of retrogamers all cosplayed up.
    I can tell stories about gay Pat that always comes into the shop

He doesn't dress up as an unconvincing school girl does he because I know another guy who does that, on occasion....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He doesn't dress up as an unconvincing school girl does he because I know another guy who does that, on occasion....
    no he's this owld fella with black teeth and white hair and he calls me Princess and buys books that have little girls or women's cleavage on them. My sister knows him as well since in the 90s he used to buy women's bras second hand

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207170/
    I know I mentioned it earlier but..
    Legend of grimrock , been playing this since I got it last night , it's plays like a remake of all those Amiga/ST Dungeon crawlers like 'dungeon master 'or 'EoTB'.
    Nice and hard too, it's 5.50 for the next few hours so if you prefer your RPGs with a team of four adventurers and loads of gridpaper* rather than the spikey haired japanese protagonists and gunswords variety its worth getting.

*there is actually an old school mode included with no map option ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Brilliant game that. I gave up before finishing it though, some of the later levels became frustrating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah it's well worth getting if you like that type of game and especially at that price.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Nice and hard too, it's 5.50 for the next few hours so if you prefer your RPGs with a team of four adventurers and loads of gridpaper* rather than the spikey haired japanese protagonists and gunswords variety its worth getting.

No fair! Japan actually makes some of the best dungeon crawlers available!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No fair! Japan actually makes some of the best dungeon crawlers available!
    ah yeah , especially Atlus ones , like Etrian Odyssey or Dark Spire.
    It was a slightly unfair dig. But I was getting at the fact that is a real WRPG rather than a typical Jrpg though.

• Advertisement

Stupid customs in Dublin :mad: Incompetent fools as usual.
    It should not take a week for 2 medium size boxes of games to clear customs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement