Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft in Kerry?

Options
  • 05-07-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey guys,

Due to work comitments I may be moving to Kerry. I am new to airsoft and am wondering if anybody can let me know what the scene is like there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

nickbrun wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Due to work comitments I may be moving to Kerry. I am new to airsoft and am wondering if anybody can let me know what the scene is like there.

Thanks.

Hows the going dude, from tralee myself there are no airsoft sites in Kerry, well no big ones anyway, there is a site/barn that a few lads play on but its tiny judging by the pics. Closest place is LAC limerick and rebel airsoft bandon then id imagine, shame really that there is nothing here, always thought it would be a good idea for predator paintball to run airsoft games but they dont.

Wish i had better news for ya.

I think the college has a airsoft society too and a small place to play but again its small.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nickbrun

Hi Dandy,

Thanks for getting back to me. Its a shame alright, Limerick and Cork are a good distance to travel for a day out.
    I actually contacted predator to enquire about airsoft and they confirmed that they didn't do it but said they might consider it in the future. They currently don't see a demand for it.
    If numbers were good enough I think they might give it a go considering most airsofters have their own kit and just need use of the facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

nickbrun wrote: »
    Hi Dandy,

Thanks for getting back to me. Its a shame alright, Limerick and Cork are a good distance to travel for a day out.
    I actually contacted predator to enquire about airsoft and they confirmed that they didn't do it but said they might consider it in the future. They currently don't see a demand for it.
    If numbers were good enough I think they might give it a go considering most airsofters have their own kit and just need use of the facilities.

Yeah partly guessed that, I don't know why they don't because that place is no way near as popular as it was, airsoft would be an extra source of income for him. As far as i know there is another place in cork that does paintball and airsoft but again that ain't local. Have a look on facebook for the institute of technology tralee airsoft society maybe drop them a message.

Limerick is about an 1 hour and 20 minute drive well where I'm from anyway so its not bad but like you said your still traveling for a day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

isn't there a place in ballyvourney or is that gone, you cud always give the matina in cork city a go for indoor

Advertisement