Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More violence in Dublin City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Looks like two scumbags bit off more than they can chew and got their ass's handed to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't understand scumbags. They just keep coming back for more. Why did the guy in blue start following and shouting at the lads after he got a beating?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because he was pretty sure the lads were sick of it and weren't going to turn back around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

0:20 seconds looks pretty awesome, if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Jammyc wrote: »

"Ah HE-yere!"

They probably learned a lot more about how to behave in public in that 20 seconds than they did in all of their juvenile court hearings put together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

is it a bag of chips that 'bluey' was trying to use as a missile but managed to fire them straight into the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Yeah, thats right, you walk away!!!

:pac:

The embarrassing thing for me is that I'll be acting as a tour guide in Dublin for some guys from Eastern Europe in a couple of weeks and I know there's no way I can take them around without them seeing zombie junkies and scenes like this. I saw nothing like that when I was in their cities. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

With the airport bus sitting at the lights...nice.

murrayp4 wrote: »
    With the airport bus sitting at the lights...nice.
    "Welcome to Ireland".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The story from a friend who was sitting in traffic and saw the build up, goes that the knackers were having words with the guys and then started jabbing them with the tip of the umbrella. Clearly the other two were having none of it and ended it in about 20 seconds flat.

Quality

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

I'd like to have an umbrella like that - it obviously gives you superhero courage and recovery powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Two absolute units.

Classic.

The embarrassing thing for me is that I'll be acting as a tour guide in Dublin for some guys from Eastern Europe in a couple of weeks and I know there's no way I can take them around without them seeing zombie junkies and scenes like this.

Seriously? I've lived in Dublin all my life and I rarely see scenes like this... Because I don't go to dodgy parts of the city!

If you're going to be showing people around, then don't bring them to shítholes. It's simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

"Now in my book, someone comes at you with an umbrella?, That's a deadly weapon! he's gona take the consequences"

smash wrote: »
    Seriously? I've lived in Dublin all my life and I rarely see scenes like this... Because I don't go to dodgy parts of the city!

If you're going to be showing people around, then don't bring them to shítholes. It's simple.
    It will be hard to explain to them why we are avoiding the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

The sound track could go viral the same way "fenton" did.
    "Ah leave it out"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Most of the time, video's of violence in Dublin depress the sh*t out of me. In a way this one did too, but I also got great pleasure from it.

It looks like the two who got the hidings deserved what they got tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Wait until you get a load of this doozey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No need. This stuff is rare, the only difference now is that it's caught on camera and on boards.ie the same day.

Avoiding zombies is obviously a different issue. Doubt you'd want to bring any visitors to see the beauty of abbey street or the quays and around the stations (which in fairness, is usually a well dodgy part in any big city).

The Canal near lesson street, stephens green, grafton street, trinity, o-connell st, parnell square and out to the botanic gardens & glasnevin - that's a lovely route around dublin and you won't encounter anything.

• Advertisement

It's fairly easy to avoid the upper end of O'Connell Street, Henry Street & Parnell Square.

gosplan wrote: »
    The Canal near lesson street, stephens green, grafton street, trinity, o-connell st, parnell square and out to the botanic gardens & glasnevin - that's a lovely route around dublin and you won't encounter anything.
    Those are the parts of the CC I had in mind, but I don't know if you've been around Dublin recently - the zombie plague has spread well beyond its former borders. And O'Connell St. has been a zoo since God was a lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

theteal wrote: »
    is it a bag of chips that 'bluey' was trying to use as a missile but managed to fire them straight into the ground?

Bread for the ducks i thought

Bread for the ducks i thought
    If he'd paid more attention in his physics classes he'd have learned why bread crumbs make poor missiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

That kick as the little prick tried to get up was a thing of beauty.

More of this please, it's all they understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If he'd paid more attention in his physics classes he'd have learned why bread crumbs make poor missiles.

I'd say they'd have trouble spelling physics tbh.

F-I-Z . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

First thing I thought of

This-is-sparta-kick.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Seeing as the Batmobile is in Dundrum today

tumblr_l1a9imAEuN1qzyp0vo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Nearly spit out my coffee. It was...beautiful...

I've watched it about five times now.

"Ah heeeeeooooor leeeeeeve ihhh ouuuuuuu!"

Also that move by the guy in the white vest at the start (taking out the legs) is pure genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Picking a fight even when the other guy is quite clearly twice the size of him in all directions. That's a level of stupidity that only scumbags can attain. I wouldn't be too concerned that the kick did him any damage, there's nothing there to damage.

It's fairly rare tbh. That whole area is a complete scumfest but I used to walk through there a lot on lunch breaks and so forth and never saw any actual hassle apart from the odd couple screaming at eachother in the street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement