Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf: French Open and Greenbrier Classic

• 03-07-2012 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Westwood will obviously be a big player this weekend, as he's always a threat in these small events. The irish open was too good for the prick...

Anyway...I think francesco molinari is the man to be on this week. In excellent form at the moment and this course will suit him more than port rush I feel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus you really have it in for Westwood don't you? Did he step on your line at some point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I've been in his company on more than one occasion and lets just say I didn't enjoy the experience. But that's my personal opinion of which I am allowed. Personal opinions aside I think he's a wonderful golfer. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rehssu

Yep Westwood all the way for me here too. I think the longer he goes without a major the more Monty-esque he becomes :mad:

I also like Ramsey @ 66/1 e/w here too. Playing well and had a good week here last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Only going for States this week. It was a very good tournament for me last year when Scott Stallings won it and few others were on it too.

Tiger Woods Win 4.9
    Seung Yol Noh ew 70/11.5
    Harris English ew 140/30
    David Mathis ew 580/70
    Garrett Willis ew 760/80

@ Op sorry I actually set up another thread for this weeks Golf. Dont know how I missed yours.:o

If Mod could put mine in here as he got their first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Greenbrier

John Rollins @ 60/1
    Jimmy Walker @ 60/1

Open de France

Thorbjorn Olesen @ 35/1
    Nicolas Colsaerts @ 33/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Greenbrier:
    Steve Stricker 22/1*
    Jim Furyk 25/1*
    Charlie Wi 100/1*

French Open:
    Westwood 6/1
    Kaymer 14/1*
    Anthony Wall 80/1*

*=E/W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

going simpson as he was one shot of play off last year would have went stricker but wife on bag as he werent going to play this one but wants to make ryder team

Westwood off to a shocker. +4 thru 6

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mentioned in log during the early hours. Also in future, just the one thread for the usual two events please. Thanks.

US

Webb Simpson @ 16/1
    Noh @ 45/1

France

Kaymer @ 14/1
    Colsaerts @ 33/1

Also in future, just the one thread for the usual two events please. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

Great recovery by Westwood....:)

-5 through next 12 holes

Finishes on 1 under

The double with Tiger is still on....

Westwood off to a shocker. +4 thru 6

westwood was only 16s when he was 4 over then 9 of lead shocking pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

livid I didn't go for Jaidee Top 20 :(
    the bloke is having some year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

jjll wrote: »
    westwood was only 16s when he was 4 over then 9 of lead shocking pricing

Westwood is always well capable of recovering from a bad start like that & he had pretty much 30 holes to get himself back in the mix to be around for the weekend, maybe he could have been a little bigger than 16's but its about right imo.

I think Bruce Critchly is in love with Lee Westwood.

stricker is all over place thinking that i might not back him in john deere next week

Westwood +6. That's not very good is it.

Hopefully a good day from my man today. Looks tough though going by the early scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Westwood +6. That's not very good is it.

Hopefully a good day from my man today. Looks tough though going by the early scores.

Westwood slipped and injured himself before the start of play!

Fair play to him for carrying on. I know a lot of players that would have retired.

What a round by molinari.

• Advertisement

Bookies won our cash this weekend.

cannot believe that utter melt down by simpson

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jesus wasn't here today :/

Some people may think that I'm a hate fuelled sort...I'm not really..but it's well documented that the two players I hate most are Marcel Siem and Webb Simpson.

I think it was a cruel weekend that I had with molinari...tease me with a good first two days...piss on me with a horrible Saturday...laugh at me with a double bogey on the first hole..and then taunt me with 9 birdies. THEN...throw that fist pumping cnut at me...

The fist pumping at every putt, every day...I can't web put into words the hate I have for that man.

No offence to anyone that backed him, I'm sorry for your loss, but I took a lot of satisfaction in webb's collapse and the rise of two pitch and putt players to glory.

I like Simpson myself(some due to him winning me few quid last season), but never took to Siem.

The ponytail just makes him look more ugly, he always ****ing complaining and after some of the things i saw him do at Irish Open last year not lot of time for the man.

His blood pressure must be off the scale.

Advertisement