Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In the Playpen: boneyarsebogman

• 03-07-2012 12:09am

Going to do my own introduction, 'cause I'm cool like that.
    Also, I know it's a bit early, but it's past midnight so it still counts. I'll make sure to answer as many questions as I can tomorrow morning and beyond.

OK. So, what to say here?

Some of you know me, some of you don’t. For those that don’t, and for the less observant too, my name is boneyarsebogman. Yes, fine, that isn’t my actual name; my parents weren’t that cruel, thankfully. Though for events at which I meet other boardsies, I genuinely do wish I had picked a better name. Such is the power of hindsight, isn’t it?

Before I carry on rambling, I would just like to thank Lawliet for actually reminding me that it was my go coming up and also I just want to say that it’s good to see a forum that caters for the “yoof”, as it were.

You know I’m actually struggling right now even trying to think up a good enough introduction, but these things are tough.

Ruddy tough.

I know! I’m going to tell a joke and then leave it there and then hand it over to you lot to ask me questions – I’m intrigued to see what you can come up with.

What’s black and white, black and white, black and white, black and white again?
    A zebra stuck in a revolving door.

..... Right. I never said it was going to be a good joke.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wrong forum there so. :)

(But hi none the less!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A bit of Boards MickActing leads me to believe that Jayden Flaky Cereal meant this thread to be started in here, so I've moved it from TGC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Tits or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

How are things?
    What's the plan for today?
    What's the plan for tomorrow?
    What's the plan for a years time?
    Favourite cut of beef?
    Favourite sporting event?
    Favourite percussion instrument?
    Favourite stringed instrument?
    If you could have been present at an event in history, what would it have been?
    If you could be the leader of a country (not Ireland) what country would you choose?
    Batman or spiderman? (There's only one right answer!;))
    More questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Tits or GTFO.
    Be polite or take your posts elsewhere.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound? Explain your answer with reference to the definition of sound.

• Advertisement

• Panthro wrote: »
    A bit of Boards MickActing leads me to believe that Jayden Flaky Cereal meant this thread to be started in here, so I've moved it from TGC.

Kids, the lesson here is not to post while slightly inebriated and have far too many tabs open than necessary. Damn you, Google Chrome. And the new boards layout.

Yes.
    Palytoxin wrote: »
    How are things?
    Same old, same old. Last night I sat on the balcony of a friend's house and watched the boats come in for the Volvo Ocean Race, which was a spectacular sight to see, that's for sure.
    What's the plan for today?
    My parents are coming in later today to have some food, so I need to give the whole flat a particularly good clean. Probably the first it's had in quite a long, long time. Then I'll be off watching the Saw Doctors preform at the Main Stage down at the Docks in Galway
    What's the plan for tomorrow?
    At this moment, absolutely no idea. Will probably meet some friends for tea, do some job hunting (I'm currently in plans for trying to move over to London!) and look into possible places to live. Exciting times are ahead, exciting times.
    What's the plan for a years time?
    Hm, hopefully to be working, living and being generally more happy than I am right now.
    Favourite cut of beef?
    Confession: I had to look cuts of beef up on Google as I had no idea. I'm going to say.. the flank.
    Favourite sporting event?
    Hmm, I actually don't have one. I used to be a competitive cyclist from my early-late teens, so it was the Tour de France, but now.. I remember Eurosport used to show this absolutely epic event called King of the Hill (I think), where people would attempt to drive up the hill on any form of bike and would be quite funny when these people messed up. Anyone know the thing I'm talking about?
    Favourite percussion instrument?
    I think it counts as a percussion instrument - the one I absolutely love is the Hang Drum. It has just got such a beautiful sound and quality to it.

What makes them even better is seemingly they're unbelievably hard to get; you have to buy them from the manufacturer and even then they're picky about who they give them out to and cost in the region of €300ish each (yes, I wanted one and so did research in to it)
    Favourite stringed instrument?
    I genuinely think that the harp has got such an absolutely beautiful sound.
    If you could have been present at an event in history, what would it have been?
    I'm an absolutely massive Kurt Vonnegut fan and Slaughterhouse Five is among one of my favourite books. For those of you unfamiliar about it, it's set during World War 2 and revolves around the bombing of Dresden. I think it would have been interesting to have been there and to have experienced it. Yes, it's morbid.
    If you could be the leader of a country (not Ireland) what country would you choose?
    Bhutan. Just for the fact that they have the gross national happiness, as opposed to the gross national product. There's something beautiful about that.
    Batman or spiderman? (There's only one right answer!;))
    Hm, I'm not sure which answer you're expecting, but I have to say Batman. I mean, think about it; the guy is rich as hell, has beautiful women constantly around him, has a utility belt with tonnes of gadgets. That's badass. Spiderman sucks in comparison.
    Lawliet wrote: »

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound? Explain your answer with reference to the definition of sound.
    Oh man, it's like physics class all over again. It reminds me of a short story I once read about a guy who was in space. He started to go insane with the vast loneliness and emptiness of space and kept fixating on the fact that if he didn't see something, touch something, hear something in a long time, does that mean it exists? And since he hadn't been to Earth in such a long time, does that mean it exists?

But since I'm assuming that if there is nobody there to hear it, then it doesn't make a sound. Is sound not relative to whether someone can hear it or not?

I guess the problem is that I probably wouldn't be as known/as active here as I would be on other forums, so it would probably be harder for people to come up with questions for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Hm, I'm not sure which answer you're expecting, but I have to say Batman. I mean, think about it; the guy is rich as hell, has beautiful women constantly around him, has a utility belt with tonnes of gadgets. That's badass. Spiderman sucks in comparison.

Right answer! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Lawliet wrote: »

My apologies. I'll keep it on topic.

1. What is your biggest ambition in life?
    2. What made you join boards?
    3. Happiest moment you've had so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Tell me a funneh! (It's sorta a question :P )
    Favourite movie?
    Now, what's your least favourite movie...
    Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Cold pizza, yay or nay?
    Favourite band?
    What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?
    Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
    What's your biggest pet peeve?
    When is the last time you played air guitar?

• LyndaMcL wrote: »
    My apologies. I'll keep it on topic.
    1. What is your biggest ambition in life?
    I guess my biggest ambition is a slightly strange one and a kinda simple one; to be happy. I have pretty much everything else I could need or want.
    2. What made you join boards?
    A friend recommended it to me back in 2005, when I was in college doing Software Development in GMIT and it was a great resource for finding things out and getting help for my projects. It sorta just spawned from there and 7 years and 16,000-odd posts later, here I am.
    3. Happiest moment you've had so far?
    You know whats weird? Sometimes I look back and it's hard to see the happy. It's probably that seemingly sad memories last longer. Such is life though. While I was growing up, I was a competitive cyclist for a club based in Galway and at the time became one of the best cyclists in my age category in the Western Region, going on to support Connacht in cycling events. So, back then my happiest moments would generally revolve with me being on a bike, where nothing much mattered but the bike, the road in front, and I.

Tell me a funneh! (It's sorta a question :P )
    I ran three miles today... finally I said, "Lady, take your purse."
    Favourite movie?
    Ah, that's a tough question! There's far far too many to pick a single one, so here's a list:
    The Fountain, The Fall, Ink, Troll Hunter, Requiem for a Dream, Serenity, Pitchblack, Pontypool, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Dead Snow.
    Now, what's your least favourite movie...
    Honestly? I genuinely don't have a least favourite anything. I try and find the best in anything. So, I really don't know.
    Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
    A big bear. Especially if it's like the one from the A hunter shoots a bear things.
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Well, if a woodchuck could chuck wood then why would a woodchuck chuck wood?
    Cold pizza, yay or nay?
    Very much yay. Is that ever in doubt?
    Favourite band?
    Erm. It varies and changes all the time but; Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Now, Now, Postal Service, to name but a few.
    What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?
    There's no such thing as doing something stupid, just things that make for interesting stories.
    Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
    Hmmm. I can't remember. Don't think so.
    What's your biggest pet peeve?
    Guess it would be sluggishness, laziness, ignorance and narrow mindedness.
    When is the last time you played air guitar?
    Just tonight actually- was watching the Saw Doctors playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Do you really have a boney arse?

• Do you really have a boney arse?

Actually when people first meet me from t'internet, one of the first things they say is, "you're not as bony as I had imagined." I don't know though, I rarely check out my own arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Are you part of a secret society called the bogmen?

• anirishlad wrote: »
    Are you part of a secret society called the bogmen?

I'm the friggin' founder!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Since when do you hang around here?! :P

Still at the yoga?

Anything exciting coming up?

How much wood DID that woodchuck chuck?

• SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Since when do you hang around here?! :P
    I'm everywhere!
    Still at the yoga?
    Actually not as much as I used to be. Really should get back into it - maybe when I'm working and can afford proper classes. They advise people not to be self-taught, as you could pick up the wrong technique and with some poses it could be somewhat dangerous. Weell - about as dangerous as pulling some muscles can be.
    Anything exciting coming up?
    I might have a meeting with a recruitment agency in London coming up and if it goes well, a move might be on the horizon.
    How much wood DID that woodchuck chuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Do you really have a boney arse?
    Beaten to it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement