Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

South County GC Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Gombeeno,

You keep asking people to be factual. Here are a couple of facts which you have conveniently ignored, or perhaps you were out of the loop in the old South County, and given your attitude on this forum I'm amazed you weren't on your own on the timesheet each week.

Anyway, time for some reality. The main reason so many shareholdere decided to forego their investment in South County was their dislike of the way the board were running the show, including trying to dictate in every area of the club's affairs, for example, the day to day running of the mens club, which was the responsibility of the mens committee and nothing to do with the board. This was all driven by the one individual who, although he worked extrememly hard to save the club over the past few years, was a total bully. This was complemented by two other board members who became very confrontational towards members who dared to suggest anything that they didn't agree with.

CONTENT DELETED.

Golfinfanatic,

I had the very thought last night. Gambino is the Village Idiot that would have lurked in the clubhouse grunting and attempting to play music of sorts.

AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cherryman

Gambino wrote: »
    I hope they take on board my suggestion of a chreche - to be named the South County Room.

GombeenO, Good idea? I can see you as captain of the Polo Golf team:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oscar555

Is there any need for Gambino to be quite so patronising in his tone to other posters? I would have to agree with some of the other people involved in this thread who would wonder at where he sourced much of his 'information',and why he seemed able to maintain this stream when clearly the communication system between the ex-board, ex-committee, and the members had clearly ceased to function. As a non member observer of this thread I for one,certainly gained the impression that he was in some way managing the spin on behalf of interested parties - and I don't include ex members as part of that group of interested parties.

New Captain of the new enterprise in the offing perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Lads - the club is done, and so is this thread.........

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stinkypoo

oscar555 wrote: »
    Is there any need for Gambino to be quite so patronising in his tone to other posters? I would have to agree with some of the other people involved in this thread who would wonder at where he sourced much of his 'information',and why he seemed able to maintain this stream when clearly the communication system between the ex-board, ex-committee, and the members had clearly ceased to function. As a non member observer of this thread I for one,certainly gained the impression that he was in some way managing the spin on behalf of interested parties - and I don't include ex members as part of that group of interested parties.

I am now convinced that Gambino, Gombino,etc is female. That is the best i can say of that person . Have narrowed down to a few. Will get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Gambino

stinkypoo wrote: »
    I am now convinced that Gambino, Gombino,etc is female. That is the best i can say of that person . Have narrowed down to a few. Will get there.

Surely that would make me Gambina?

You would be amazed what you can find out by talking -and listening -to people. Of course if you start from the position of "never setting foot in the place" or"wouldn't have anything to do with them, him, her" etc. you may be at a disadvantage.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

You would be amazed what you can find out by talking -and listening -to people. Of course if you start from the position of "never setting foot in the place" or"wouldn't have anything to do with them, him, her" etc. you may be at a disadvantage.
    Pity Alanis Morissette didn't have this thread for inspiration when she wrote Ironic...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Personal abuse/derogatory comments/insinuations/etc of any persons, be they boards.ie members or otherwise will not be tolerated and will lead to lengthy bans.

No.no Greebo. This stuff works like a Geiger counter. The shriller and more nasty the beeps, the closer I'm getting to the source of the radiation. Leave them to it. I'm under some fingernails and they are worried where it might go next. Don't fret on my account.

• Advertisement

On reflection, there are some extremely nasty references to others who are (I think) not here to defend themselves but who are quite identifiable. 1622 is especially unpleasant and unfair and I respectfully suggest it should be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

I think this thread has run its course. All I'm reading is tit for tat slagging off now and one up manship.

South County is dead long live Lisheen golf club.

Agreed. I just want it continue long enough to see the dumbfounded reaction of some people over the next short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Golfingfanatic

I posted a factual reference earlier to an actual occurrence, the treament meted out to last year's Lady Captain, which was not insulting or defamatory in any way. Yet, CharlieIrl decided to delete it. This is not free debate. Yet they allow Gombeeno to post slur after insult without sanction. I'm going back to the real world where anonymous keyboard warriors who have probably never achieved anything in their sad little lives count for nothing.

South County RIP

I posted a factual reference earlier to an actual occurrence, the treament meted out to last year's Lady Captain, which was not insulting or defamatory in any way. Yet, CharlieIrl decided to delete it. This is not free debate. Yet they allow Gombeeno to post slur after insult without sanction. I'm going back to the real world where anonymous keyboard warriors who have probably never achieved anything in their sad little lives count for nothing.

South County RIP

Don't tempt us to probe your "factual" reference. A lot more to that story than you let on.

Don't tempt us to probe your "factual" reference. A lot more to that story than you let on.

Poor Gambino, you must spend your day waiting for the email to say someone has posted on your thread! You only took 4 minutes to reply! Maybe you're practising to be a moderator?

You seem to be an expert on and in the know about every item mentioned on this thread.

So let's have the results of your probe. I can't wait to read it.

Poor Gambino, you must spend your day waiting for the email to say someone has posted on your thread! You only took 4 minutes to reply! Maybe you're practising to be a moderator?

You seem to be an expert on and in the know about every item mentioned on this thread.

So let's have the results of your probe. I can't wait to read it.

The ILGU version would be a good place to start.

The ILGU version would be a good place to start.

And that is?

And that is?

You brought it up, so you tell it. But we'll be watching to make sure it is really "factual".

Meanwhile.the new club is up and running. Ladies affiliated. Men next week (when they get back from Portrush.
    Raymie coming back.
    South County RIP. Hello Lisheen..

• Advertisement

Awfully quiet in here.

The fact that two ladies decided to play a matchplay competition within a club stable ford competition. They were dsq and duly threw the rattle out of the cot. They broke the rules of golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Board members, committee members, shareholders, non shareholder members, members on different entry fees, shareholders who have invested additional money in the club, and ones who havent, members who paid their subs, and members who didnt, members who didnt pay their subs who could be persued through law as debtors, members of committees/boards who cant stand each other and wont communicate, landlords, two landlords,three landlords, in fighting landlords, non members that the landlords want to refuse to have as members, and a ladies club that had an unmentionable incident with a lady captain that required the intervention of the ILGU, and honest to god members who just want to play golf ?!$!??$

Good Luck !

(sorry if I left anyone out)

Almaviva wrote: »
    Board members, committee members, shareholders, non shareholder members, members on different entry fees, shareholders who have invested additional money in the club, and ones who havent, members who paid their subs, and members who didnt, members who didnt pay their subs who could be persued through law as debtors, members of committees/boards who cant stand each other and wont communicate, landlords, two landlords,three landlords, in fighting landlords, non members that the landlords want to refuse to have as members, and a ladies club that had an unmentionable incident with a lady captain that required the intervention of the ILGU, and honest to god members who just want to play golf ?!$!??$

Good Luck !

(sorry if I left anyone out)

What an accurate summation based on this thread, I can't wait for the DVD Box Set at Xmas!

What an accurate summation based on this thread, I can't wait for the DVD Box Set at Xmas!

A live tour is planned as well.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    The fact that two ladies decided to play a matchplay competition within a club stable ford competition. They were dsq and duly threw the rattle out of the cot. They broke the rules of golf.

So what's the problem?

So what's the problem?

I suppose if it needs explaining to you that's the problem

ArielAtom wrote: »
    I suppose if it needs explaining to you that's the problem

If it was that simple, how come the LC got messed around?

A live tour is planned as well.

Will you play yourself on the live tour or will your new duties at Lisheen - make that awkward?

• Advertisement

Will you play yourself on the live tour or will your new duties at Lisheen - make that awkward?

Not at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement