Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images of beauty (Tdar forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Ok all ready for my first A race of 2012. Now I know the chain isn't on the big cog and I have taken off that aerojacket sticker. Got this bike Feb 2010, frame is aluminium and it is a little heavy and more stiffness would be nice but...I love my Trinity! Updates this year include Look Keo Carbon Blade pedals, 3T Ventus aerobars and of course the disc cover. I hope to have a new saddle soon and I'm still thinking about Q rings.

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=13002

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=13003

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=13004

For hydration I've decided to go with a cage on the seat post and a 300ml bottle (courtesy of the DAA :)) for sprint races unless a very hot day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭griffin100

Ok all ready for my first A race of 2012. Now I know the chain isn't on the big cog and I have taken off that aerojacket sticker. Got this bike Feb 2010, frame is aluminium and it is a little heavy and more stiffness would be nice but...I love my Trinity! Updates this year include Look Keo Carbon Blade pedals, 3T Ventus aerobars and of course the disc cover. I hope to have a new saddle soon and I'm still thinking about Q rings.

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=13002

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=13003

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=13004

For hydration I've decided to go with a cage on the seat post and a 300ml bottle (courtesy of the DAA :)) for sprint races unless a very hot day.

Jaysus ElD how tall are you, I've the same bike but you can only see about half that much seat post on mine :)

Other than upgraded wheels and a girly group set my bikes's pretty stock. You ever tempted to go for a carbon framed model, I almost went for a speed concept last summer then realised that's be like putting a fiesta engine in a Ferrari :)

I'm just over 6ft, you see according to my bike fit guy the bike's geometry does not suit me, Giant frames are more "landscape" than "portrait", the later would suit me better. You see I've long legs and a short torso. Hence my road bike (Giant also) has a 9mm stem. My advice to anyone buying a bike is get the opion of a knowledgable guy as regards what frame best suits you.

A carbon frame? Ya I'd love that but I just thought another 18 months of training and then I'd deserve it and I would really feel the difference. So next year I am hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'm just over 6ft, you see according to my bike fit guy the bike's geometry does not suit me, Giant frames are more "landscape" than "portrait", the later would suit me better. You see I've long legs and a short torso. Hence my road bike (Giant also) has a 9mm stem. My advice to anyone buying a bike is get the opion of a knowledgable guy as regards what frame best suits you.

A carbon frame? Ya I'd love that but I just thought another 18 months of training and then I'd deserve it and I would really feel the difference. So next year I am hoping :)

That's interesting. When I got fitted for my bike Fernando told me I had the perfect body length ratios. That said once I upped the training distances to IM I had to have a refit as the orginal position was killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

What size frame is it El D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

Love the 3T setup El D. Just looking at that saddle height make me dizzy. I would be afraid i'd go over the handlebars.....even on the turbo.

ray o wrote: »
    Love the 3T setup El D. Just looking at that saddle height make me dizzy. I would be afraid i'd go over the handlebars.....even on the turbo.

That's the reason I don't even attempt the leap of faith! It's never been on the turbo :)

The frame is large, 55.5cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Fazz wrote: »
    Took the TT bike out the weekend.
    Learned that I needed 5 mins more prep for my hydration set up!
    Sorted now, and also fitted the rear disc cover.

She's ready for Race Season now...

With 808 and no disc cover, no Torhans hydration
    IMG_21301.jpg

Disc Cover & Torhans hydration Fitted
    IMG_21331.jpg

Cockpit
    IMG_21371.jpg

Side view
    IMG_21381.jpg

Hey Fazz!

Does your Torhans rattle?

My bottle rattles like F, really annoying. The support bracket/wings aren't full horizontal as my extensions are close together.

Very close to selling it on after one use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Great result yesterday Fazz, meant to get back to you on that Torhans, I had nothing like that included to stop the splashing when I found the package, looking at your pictures again I think I have the Aero 30 not the 20, anyways sellotape over it works fine. Not ideal for refilling but it will do, any refilling in a race will probably be water anyways.

No rattling from my one Mrbungle, have you tried it on both levels!

catweazle wrote: »
    Great result yesterday Fazz, meant to get back to you on that Torhans, I had nothing like that included to stop the splashing when I found the package, looking at your pictures again I think I have the Aero 30 not the 20, anyways sellotape over it works fine. Not ideal for refilling but it will do, any refilling in a race will probably be water anyways.

No rattling from my one Mrbungle, have you tried it on both levels!

Drop the bottle down a level and it's helped lots. Using a black rubber band from my Profile design bottle to hold it in place.

Still a bit of fiddling I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

mrbungle wrote: »
    Hey Fazz!

Does your Torhans rattle?

My bottle rattles like F, really annoying. The support bracket/wings aren't full horizontal as my extensions are close together.

Very close to selling it on after one use!

Hello mate - sorry only seeing this now.
    No my torhans doesn't rattle at all.
    I'm particular about tightening the straps on it though - I used my old profile design thicker velcro straps for the side's so this may be an option for you?
    I think this should fix your issue hopefully.

So I went mad.

I had an upgrade in mind for end of season, but a couple things came into place and a deal was done earlier than planned.

I'm in this sport for the long haul. I don't drink and triathlon is obviously a huge passion for me. Have openly ambitious plans for Vegas next year and ironman whenever after that.
    (It's easier to justify a bike upgrade over longer duration :D;) )

Ridley Dean is still present and accounted for - complete with repaired war wound. Will be up for sale soon - getting a full detail this weekend and go from there.

So anyway, here is my new weapon of choice.
    I don't expect any free speed and went for my dream bike out of passion and opportunity. I am changing the saddle but other than that she's perfect!
    Name to be confirmed... :D:p (not shivbhan...)

Specialized Shiv S-Works
    Full Dura Ace Di2
    Zipp 808 Zedtech's with Aero Wheel cover
    Fizik Arione Tri 2 saddle - soon to be swapped for black/red or black/black.
    Bottle cage was only for training ride.
    Garmin mount position also to be decided. May not bother up to 70.3 anyway.

I've only had it a few days but am seriously impressed. Hard to explain but just feels right and better in many ways. Handling particularly.
    Will do a proper review in the gear forum once I've put in some more hours...

I've 2 GPS tracker's on route to fit this week. Clearly I'm not taking any chances with this baby!

ShivCockpit.jpg

Shiv2.jpg

Shiv.jpg

Fazz wrote: »
    So I went mad.

I had an upgrade in mind for end of season, but a couple things came into place and a deal was done earlier than planned.

I'm in this sport for the long haul. I don't drink and triathlon is obviously a huge passion for me. Have openly ambitious plans for Vegas next year and ironman whenever after that.
    (It's easier to justify a bike upgrade over longer duration :D;) )

Ridley Dean is still present and accounted for - complete with repaired war wound. Will be up for sale soon - getting a full detail this weekend and go from there.

So anyway, here is my new weapon of choice.
    I don't expect any free speed and went for my dream bike out of passion and opportunity. I am changing the saddle but other than that she's perfect!
    Name to be confirmed... :D:p (not shivbhan...)

Specialized Shiv S-Works
    Full Dura Ace Di2
    Zipp 808 Zedtech's with Aero Wheel cover
    Fizik Arione Tri 2 saddle - soon to be swapped for black/red or black/black.
    Bottle cage was only for training ride.
    Garmin mount position also to be decided. May not bother up to 70.3 anyway.

I've only had it a few days but am seriously impressed. Hard to explain but just feels right and better in many ways. Handling particularly.
    Will do a proper review in the gear forum once I've put in some more hours...

I've 2 GPS tracker's on route to fit this week. Clearly I'm not taking any chances with this

Shiv(er) me timbers!! (ahem).

Well wear dude!

Any idea what the battery life is like on the GPS trackers?

mrbungle wrote: »
    Shiv(er) me timbers!! (ahem).

Well wear dude!

Any idea what the battery life is like on the GPS trackers?

First one is indicated 3 days.
    Second one is indicated 10-14 days.
    Both depend on number of ping's/tracks etc.

If you haven't noticed your bike missing by then there's something wrong!

Will put up review in a couple weeks after testing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Nice piece of Kit Fazz and well wear. Good man going for your dream bike at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Nice piece of Kit Fazz and well wear. Good man going for your dream bike at this stage!

It gave me a semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Gorgeous looking bike Fazz. I have a real thing for Specialized bikes having 2 in the shed already. It's a real dream bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Having now seen Fazzs new bike in person I have to say that it's very very

Small

So what your saying is fazz has something small between his legs..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

So what your saying is fazz has something small between his legs..........

Small
    Vary fast
    And electric

Just saying....... :D

• Advertisement

During some periods i bet it vibrates :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I had to replace the aerobars on the bike and of course the old profile design brake levers looked crap so upgraded them for these swanky sram ones. I like the new setup up front i also moved the garmin off the stem and onto a custom mount which is perfect and means i will not be creating a huge amount of drag with the tt lid with tilting my head down when looking at the garmin.
    newsetup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I had to replace the aerobars on the bike and of course the old profile design brake levers looked crap so upgraded them for these swanky sram ones. I like the new setup up front i also moved the garmin off the stem and onto a custom mount which is perfect and means i will not be creating a huge amount of drag with the tt lid with tilting my head down when looking at the garmin.
    [IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/Haven Drab Sunlight/newsetup.jpg[/IMG]

Too easy, ala SlowTwitch.

"You're saddle is too high"

Nice bars Fran, where did you pick up the custom mount for the Garmin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

ray o wrote: »
    Nice bars Fran, where did you pick up the custom mount for the Garmin?

The FIL made it out of an old cracked bumper off a car:) I showed him what i was looking for and 30mins later he produced what you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

I've taken to mounting my 310xt directly on one of the tri bars to avoid having to make an effort to see it on the stem.. wish id done it ages ago, makes keeping an eye on the numbers a lot easier!

Now i gotta get out of here.. im getting bike envy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Trig1 wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    Drool...

The FIL made it out of an old cracked bumper off a car:) I showed him what i was looking for and 30mins later he produced what you see.

Ah thats the job...love to see that. Would inspire me to go up to the shed with a big mug o tea for spot of grown up arts & crafts....cable ties, Tec7, lump hammer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Drool...

Scott plasma..double drool!!!

Advertisement