Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you want a laugh? Gramah Norton Show from Friday Night.

• 24-06-2012 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Funniest thing I've seen in years!!!

Repeated on BBC1 Monday Night at 23.35

(Hadn't seen TV Thread b4 posting this)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I agree it was so funny. I now love Will.i.am. and would watch the others no matter what they were on. Graham norton rocks:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

That was seriously funny.. In Tears here... Thanks for the post.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do I have to watch the whole 39 minutes?

smash wrote: »
    Do I have to watch the whole 39 minutes?

Yes.

• Advertisement

I'm 20 mins in and it's not great...

Each to their own I suppose. I thought the back and forth between will i am and Miriam Margolyes was gas..

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think I like Will.I.Am now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Miriam Margolyes was a gas playing her doddery aul wan character (except for the Little Dorrit bit which didn't work well imo). And surprisingly I also warmed to will.i.am a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

That show is usually funny, watched this, it doesn't seem any funnier than usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

No sense of humour so! That was great. Very few shows on TV that you would see a world famous rapper and a 71 year old classic theatre performing making each other laugh like that...

Dickerty wrote: »
    No sense of humour so! That was great. Very few shows on TV that you would see a world famous rapper and a 71 year old classic theatre performing making each other laugh like that...
    I just think Will.I.Am has no charisma about him when he talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Will I am just gone WAY up in my estimation !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I just think Will.I.Am has no charisma about him when he talks.

To be fair, he was being limited by his inability to use the word "Like"!

I thought he really got into it. When she was telling her stories, the look on his face was something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I like Will.I.Am a lot. I knew he was a genius in his own world - producing, rapping etc, never realised he is such a philanthropist.

That was very funny - some very odd stories told.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I just watched it lastnight, I thought it was brilliant, one of the funniest GN shows I've ever seen actually. I thought the banter between will I am and Miriam was adorable! Her acting bit was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I agree - saw it last Friday night and thought the show was hilarious - best GN show in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the difference between the dry sh1te Late Late and this i staggering, Tubridy, this is what a talk show host does for a living

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

When Michael Jackson tells you to get on a horse and pick apples... You get on a horse and pick apples...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Meh.
    Very beige.
    Funny in parts.
    Not especially funny overall.

• Advertisement

• I think the contrast between the urban (Will.I.Am) and the quaint (Miriam Margolyes) is what made it so funny. It also goes to show how much different the BBC/English TV is in general to America; when Miriam commented that she didn't know many black people and that it was nice/joked(or maybe it was serious?) about misunderstanding what he was saying, it would likely have caused uproar across the States. However, they just laughed it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I watched it twice it was flippin hilarious!!!!! Will.i.am crackin up when GN went from talking about lesbians to "Dickens Women"! The pther lad didnt get a look in, who was he again???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I love the GN Show as it is, and that ep has to be one of the best! Its great when 3 people who might not have anything in common just have a laugh on the show! Reminded me a lot of this episode, very funny too:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

THat a great episode too Jason Todd, Sarah Millicent must have thought all her birthdays were at once when she heard who the other guests were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

It's in a load of parts though....

the last clip...:D

This Seasons Finale of GN is repeated Tonight on BBC1 at 23.50, it's a load of funny clips from dif eps, very good.

Martin Sheen is on RTE1 Tonight aswell in "Who Do You Think You Are? US"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I like Will.I.Am a lot. I knew he was a genius in his own world - producing, rapping etc, never realised he is such a philanthropist.

That was very funny - some very odd stories told.

Genius?? Average pop producer and a terrible rhymer of words, could hardly be considered a rapper, not anymore anyway.

black-eyed-peas-greatest-hits.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Will comes across as a very likeable character. Also the philantopist side is very impressive as I wasn't aware of any of this.

Also an old theatrical lesbian **** off a soldier who was in a tree is an epic story in on any program!

Advertisement