Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Internship DFA

• 27-06-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey, just wondering did anyone here apply for the political internship in DFA? Haven't heard anything back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I applied for an internship in the human rights unit of the DFA.

Not sure if it's the same thing though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MaggieLizer

Applied to the Disarmament and Non-proliferation section. Did you hear anything back from HRU or DFA? Didn't get an email back saying they received my application or anything.

Applied to the Disarmament and Non-proliferation section. Did you hear anything back from HRU or DFA? Didn't get an email back saying they received my application or anything.

Ah cool, didn't even know there were internships in that section.

I only got an email back saying they had received my application. Have heard nothing back since but the interviews don't start until 23rd July so I'm hoping to hear back from them in the next couple of weeks.

Did you post your application or email it? I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing back - different sections have different procedures so they may not have sent any emails confirming that they received applications.

You could always send a follow-up email asking them to confirm they received your application if you wanted to though!

Sent it by email. Would have thought there would be an email confirming the application but as you say different sections have different procedures. Hmm, I may send an email in the next few days.

The interviews for the section I applied to are on around the 16th of July so it's not too far away. Would be interested to know how many applied as I happened to stumble across it.

Yeah I was going to ask where you had heard about it?

I saw the human rights internship ad through my college careers website. There was no sign of it on the dfa's site or the public jobs one which I thought was odd but maybe they're trying to appeal to graduates or something..

• Advertisement

Just heard from a friend of a friend that only 4 people applied for the disarmament position whereas 150 applied for the human rights one!

Not sure how accurate this info is though!

Was looking at the internships and fellowships section on the International Political Science Associations webpage and it had a link to it. Don't often look at it so was lucky to spot it as they usually just have links to lecturing jobs.

Only 4 people? I'd imagine they're going to re-open applications so. Human Rights does seem to be a more sought after area alongside EU issues.

Yeah it seems to have been less advertised also. I saw the hr ad on a few college career sites. Hadn't heard about the disarmament one until today.

You never know, maybe they'll just go ahead and interview the 4 of ye that applied!

Got a rejection letter from the DFA.Hope you have better luck!

Thanks! Here's hoping I can get an interview. I didn't see the Human Rights or Legal internships posted anywhere either so it's a bit unusual that I happened to see the post I applied for. Did you post your application or email it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

Has anyone heard anything back about the Human Rights Internship?
    Apart from an email which confirmed receipt of my application I've heard nothing....I'm running out of hope at this stage as the closing date was over two weeks ago:(

Peppery wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything back about the Human Rights Internship?
    Apart from an email which confirmed receipt of my application I've heard nothing....I'm running out of hope at this stage as the closing date was over two weeks ago:(

Yeah I got a rejection letter last Thursday.

I wouldn't give up hope yet though - the interviews don't start until the 23rd so they're probably still going through applications!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Emsfeafaz

Has anyone applied to the Political Division internship 2021 in DFA and heard back? Has anyone received the written test yet?

Advertisement